cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Petro-Canada Mobility

mungoandme
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My current provider is Petro-Canada Mobility. I have a SIM card to activate a new account with Public. I need to port my number but cannot find PCM on the list of Public drop-down menu options. Help!

8 REPLIES 8

@mungoandme wrote:

Thank you for the response! Its been 2hrs and my PetroCanada SIM is still working.. what should I do?

@mungoandme   there is a number for porting support, I will message you the number via your Community inbox, envelope icon on top right.  Call them  to confirm the porting status.  They will advise what to do from there

mungoandme
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you for the response! Its been 2hrs and my PetroCanada SIM is still working.. what should I do?

@softech wrote:

@esjliv   for some reason, it is a top secret and only we know (Power of Community!!!) LoL

Ztar Mobile actually manages  7-11 Speakout, Petro-Canada Mobility and good2go mobile services.

@softech -haha, maybe the Community can empower Public Mobile to be more specific in their details/services available. 😉

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@mungoandme 

Once you confirm your phone number is portable from petro can mobility although I doubt that it is not? I have a suggestion for you..... Rather than port your phone number in upon activation instead choose a temporary phone number to activate your sim card. This way when you activate if there are any issues with the SIM card provisioning correctly to your account you will still have service on your petro can SIM card while you insure all your services are working on your Public Mobile SIM card.

If you choose a temporary phone number from Alberta then you will only pay GST on your activation of your plan. If you are from any other province this will save you up to 10% in provincial sales tax on the price of your plan.

You can port in your phone number after activation through your self-service account. Go to your profile and choose change phone number. Follow the instructions to port in your phone number leaving your old petro can SIM card in the phone to reply YES to the PAT (porting authorization text) within 90 minutes of receiving it. Your port will complete within a few minutes up to a maximum of 2 hours but most will complete porting in about a half hour or less. Once your petro can SIM card stops working your account will be automatically closed and you will receive incoming calls on your PM SIM card.

On the payment page before you make your payment but after you've chosen your plan at the top of the page is the referral code box and the promo code box. You will be given a green check mark if your referral code and/or your promo code is accepted by the system.

If you are activating a $25 plan and up you can add the promo code 12MONTHS2GB to receive 2GB of bonus recurring monthly plan data for the next 12 months. If you are activating a "3G" plan of $35 or more you can enter the promo code 2GBBONUS for 2 GB of bonus recurring monthly planned data for an unlimited time as it has no expiry as long as you stay on the same rate plan.

Entering your friend or family member's referral code will give you a bonus credit $10 that will appear in your account within the 72 hours but usually the next day.

Unsolicited referral codes are against the rules and should be reported and never used. If you need a referral code private message any community member you wish and ask them to be friends....lol.... No seriously you can ask them for their referral code as they will be happy to oblige.

Welcome to public mobile!

@softech    Power of community indeed!  Was not aware of that until now. 

@esjliv   for some reason, it is a top secret and only we know (Power of Community!!!) LoL

Ztar Mobile actually manages  7-11 Speakout, Petro-Canada Mobility and good2go mobile services.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

It'd be nice if that was stated in the drop down for Petro, wouldn't it @softech  🙄

@mungoandme - confirm you number is portable through this tool, it is okay it says Koodo, same for public.

Check Eligibility to Move (koodomobile.com)

If still having issues, on activation, activate with a new temporary number then port in your number through your My Account or with help by a CSA, as long as the number is portable there should not be an issue.

edit, typo

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@mungoandme   Pick Ztar Mobile  from the list

Ztar Mobile  is the one managing Petro-Canada mobility

And does it have account number?  if so, please provide the account number as the porting info

Need Help? Let's chat.