cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Peace of mind e-mail

mitchnet12
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I thought I would write this as a response to this e-mail that I recently received. I see customers posting on a fairly regular basis about auto pay, or per-authorized payment issues. After going through that experience myself, I have been using payment vouchers since April 2020. I consider having phone service suddenly shut off due to a glitch to be a significant "bump".

Screenshot_20220928-141035_Firefox.jpg

8 REPLIES 8

@esjliv 

The glitch was inherited from the Telus prepaid web site. It used to be easy to see that the PM website was a bastardized version of the Telus prepaid website. So the issue goes back as far as 2005. 

Maybe I should say system backbone and not web site. But get the idea of what I am saying. 

I've used method suggested by @JL9 ...I'll manually fund my account, a few days before next renewal. That way I still get the Autopay benefits, and haven't had the autopay glitch since employing it.

I wouldn't keep too much of a balance in my account....if I find a better cell supplier, I can bail without worrying about losing any $$ in the account.

mitchnet12
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@CountyDownIeUk I had been purchasing my vouchers at Canadian Tire because they weren't charging HST on the Public Mobile vouchers. That ship has sailed but it was good while it lasted. The activation was always quick. Lately I have been getting my vouchers at the Superstore because my credit card gives me 3% back on grocery store purchases. I haven't run into any issues apart from reading the numbers on the receipt.

I have also been using the hybrid approach.

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Yeah this has happened for years and it seemed to be more of an issue when I came back to PM so to guard against it I just manually top up my account to what is needed for the next renewal a day or 2 before and I haven't had an issue since. Will prob always do this now.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@mitchnet12   Yup, residential phone service is definitely more prone to outages than business service; same is true for internet. So, here's my take on managing the issue: Solved: 100% SERVICE - Community (publicmobile.ca)

Truly, there is no sure fire solution without creating redundancy somehow. Emergency power and food supplies, anyone?

bunker.jpg

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

I agree with you 100% @mitchnet12 , I don't think this is an acceptable glitch. Anytime it happens I hope customers really let CSA know their disappointment in this.

In my years with other vendors/companies and cards on file for payment, I have never had this happen to me (knock on wood), so why does this happen here?

I suppose believe who say autopay failed, it could have turned out for other reasons that they never came back to share with the community. Like expiry was up or something like that. But I am sure some are a valid Public issue.

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

Where are you purchasing your Payment Vouchers? And to they top up your account immediately?

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

I am on the $15 plan on auto pay. But auto pay has never kicked in. So I use the hybrid method. 

I have a Vanilla MC on all 3 accounts valued at $25 just in case. 

I keep my account paid up 3 months ahead and have never ever had an issue with payments. But had the experience with Telus prepaid....not a good feeling to NOT know that your phone does not work. 

So I have $2 auto pay credit, $3 loyalty credit and 2 guaranteed referrals (my other 2 accounts). So my monthly payment is $8 x 3 = $24 PM Balance. If my balance is higher I let it sit until I need an add-on. And yes it would be wise to review the amount especially if you receive Community rewards or 5 x $5 RAF. 

Works ok and economically for the $15 but perhaps not for more expensive plans. But who knows you might develop  your own variant from what I do. 

Need Help? Let's chat.