cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment won't go through during Activation.

koen4224
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I have a client here that's trying to activate with Public Mobile so they came to buy a SIM Card from me and use my assistance in setting up the account, everything was seamless till we got to the payment section, we tried two credit cards and it won't go through with either... 

This has been happening to 1/3 customers this last week, their payment method won't work until hours later when they try again?

What about the clients I have here right now trying to activate?

8 REPLIES 8

koen4224

I got it paid for using Google Chrome Incognito, thanks for the tips everyone. 

Glad to have such a great community at my fingertips for assistance. 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@koen4224 

Now that I have gone back thru my screenshots I see I ended up waiting until the next day to activate again......and it went thru without a hitch. There was no explanation why my first two attempts were unsuccessful.....just a glitch I suppose?

koen4224

SmartSelect_20221130_174515_Samsung Internet.jpg

 still not working

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@koen4224 

$0 means it didn't go thru....I ran I to this exact issue activating a referral. I waited a couple of hours and ended up using google's incognito mode on my phone to activate. Rebooting the device being used and only opening chrome for the activation should prevent any distractions from interfering with payment.

koen4224

They checked and there was a pending charge from PM but it's for $0 so it didn't go through by the looks of it. 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@koen4224 

Make sure the client clears their browser and uses secret/incognito mode to activate. The one hour lock out session has been brought back by pm so the client will have to wait out the one hour before starting over. Have them double check their credit card for a plan charge from pm. If there is a charge then they must contact customer support to complete the activation.

koen4224

I tried on both my Samsung Note 20 Ultra and Laptop as usually switching the device works but I still had the same issue. Will try again In one hour, I sent the customer home with the SIM card and I'll activate it over the phone for them later when the systems are hopefully up. 

I thought this is a system issue because of high volumes of black friday/cyber Monday .

walker1
Mayor / Maire

@koen4224   Try logging into the website using a browser in incognito or private mode first. Then try your activation again.

The system has a lot of cache issues.