cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment Problem

forzza
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello my account has been suspended, I recently have a new debit card, it's activated (used many times online and in stores) I forgot to make a payment yesterday for my cell phone (due date) and now when I try to make a payment it says "card declined call your bank this may be due to trying to make payments to quickly"

This is making me dizzy, card is good for sure (bought things today and yesterday online) and even if I want to call my bank I cannot because my phone has been suspended. I also called 611 and tried paying but it declined. I do not have access to another phone as I live in the country privately. So not sure what to do.

If someone can figure this out for me you are a genius.

14 REPLIES 14

forzza

I appreciate the info and your patience.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@forzza 

I assume your replacement card is a visa/debit card. We're you able to replace the card in your account with the new expiry date? But it won't process the transaction?

I hate that frustrating fellow SIMon as well and prefer private messaging. You can preverify as below or just wait for the CSA to send you the link. Once verified they can remove the fraud lock if you have triggered it and add your payment card for you. They will then get you to attempt a payment to ensure it's working.

If you can afford it consider paying ahead of time for your next renewal as well to avoid the possibility of an autopay failure. Or a day ahead of time once you get the reminder about your upcoming renewal as many of us do that to avoid the possibility of an autopay failure. It's also a good time to review your self serve account to make sure everything is in order. I like to take screenshots of my overview page before and after renewal and every few months the 90 day transaction history for my own recordkeeping in case there is ever a problem I have all the proof I need.

Public Mobile is DIY and can be a bit of a learning curve but like you when I first joined I had to ask the same question...."What's incognito mode?" along with "Where do I find that?" and "How do you copy and paste?" and a zillion other basic questions. But the community was extremely helpful and taught this technologically challenged individual 30 years worth of computer science skills in no time at all. Earning me a quite a few community rewards as well was an added bonus. We can help you too!

To start click on the link below and type "Can't update payment card." in the subject line and leave a detailed message for the CSA (customer support agent) and they will help sort out your card issue.

Keep an eye on the envelope icon next to your avatar at the top right corner of your screen for a little number to pop up indicating a reply from a CSA. Responding promptly will speed up service times but expect a reply within an hour.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include in your private messaging only your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

forzza

How do I remove auto pay? I do not see the option.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@forzza 

PM support model is online only.  There is no call support.   PM passes the saving to the subscribers. 

If you decide to switch to another provider, please remove your autopay cc before porting your number out.  You account will be cancelled as soon as your number is released to another provider.  You are not able to log back in to do anything after your account is cancelled.

It is not bad if you want to learn how thing works here.  We are here to provide answer for PM subscribers.  Please ask before you doing anything to your account.  Anything you don't know will cost you.

Have better and better days...

forzza

This is ridicules, no more humans to help other fellow humans by live talk? Is this with public mobile or all phone providers? Only "Bots" to chat with which have a 20-IQ? I need to weigh my options, I am a person with disabilities and to drive 2 hours round trip just to get a voucher is unreal. I realize this isn't any individuals fault but I do not see this working for me.  Thank you and regards.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@forzza 

Thanks for the feedback. I trust customer support has helped sort out the issue for you. It sounds like from the messaging you recieved that pm has updated some of the messaging recieved when the payment system rejects s card or payment.

"this may be due to trying to make payments to quickly"  and

" Please note this can result when multiple payments are made too close together."

Hopefully this helps customers going forward....?

To contact customer support : Submit a support ticket via SIMon the chat bot Click here 

Or if you cannot submit a ticket via SIMon then Click here   ....for additional member supplied info.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@forzza   You can purchase a voucher from many retailers (London Drugs, SDM, Canadian Tire) or gas station like Shell and load the funds either through self serve or by dialing 611.

That gives you time to sort out the issue with your payment card and you may need to submit a ticket to customer support via chatbot for assistance.  Here's a link:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

forzza

Hello I did everything you said exactly after waiting 90-minutes and this is what the reply was.

Unable to Process Transaction
Sorry, your credit card was declined by your card provider, so this purchase could not be completed. Contact your card provider for more information. Please note this can result when multiple payments are made too close together.

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Were you bale to resolve it? If so that's great, in the future if you're in a bind and need service right away, you CNA buy a voucher and add the funds via 611

forzza

Thank you

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@forzza wrote:

Thank you kindly for reply, forgive my ignorance but what is " incognito mode"?

incognito mode = private mode.

Chrome uses incognito.

Firefox uses private.

They all means the same thing.

https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/7440301?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform%3DAndroid

Hi @forzza Incignito mode is a private browsing mode.  It is like clear cache, the browser will ignore the current cache and it helps in situation like yours:

1. Open Google Chrome.

2. Click the three dot icon in the upper-right corner.

3. Click on New Incognito window from the drop-down menu. A window will open, darker colored than normal, and you'll see a page explaining how incognito mode works.

forzza

Thank you kindly for reply, forgive my ignorance but what is " incognito mode"?

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@forzza 

Updating Credit Card information

The first thing I would recommend is waiting 30 minutes before doing the following.

Then,  before logging into your self-serve account, recommend following this procedure to avoid the common glitches that sometimes occur with this process:

1. Clear your browser's cache & cookies
  2. Use incognito mode
  3. Now, log into your self-serve account
  4. Click Payment tab
  5. Select "Manage My Card"HALIMACS_0-1652549024398.jpeg

6. Select "replace card"
  7. Type your address exactly as from your billing statement
  8.  Don't use a space in the postal code
  9.  Use ALL CAPS if necessary
  10.  Type everything, not letting autofill complete any fields
Need Help? Let's chat.