cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paying your bill before the due date while registered to Auto-Pay

ecashmore
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm a new Public Mobile customer. So far I LOVE the service. I'd like to register for auto-pay but when I did I realized that the payment comes out on the 6th of the month. I pay ALL my bills together on the first. If I were to register for auto-pay (the credit is my reason for registering) but pay the bill BEFORE the payment is due, will it take the payment out of my account twice? Any help with this is greatly appreciated. 🙂

6 REPLIES 6

88cranston
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I like to pay my bill on Thursdays. So I have set up auto-pay for my $15 plan. I have $2 off for auto-pay and $2 off for referals. 

So any time before my renewal date I top up my account by:

$15

-$2 for autopay

-$0   for referals as there is no guarantee on someone dropping the plan

-$0 for Community rewards as there is no guarantee I will receive one

=====================

$13 + 12% tax = $14.56

My current account balance is $3

So comes my renewal:

My balance will be...I hope

$3 from previous balance

$2 for auto-pay

$2 for referals

$13 for pre payment

=====================

$5 positive bal. to buy add-on or pay that much less next month to get bal. closer to $0

So in the case of auto-pay with NO interference

So comes my renewal:

$3 from previous balance

$2 for auto-pay

$2 for referals

$0 for pre payment

=====================

$8 + tax for  auto-pay payment

Is very good that they don't force you into a huge build up of funds as they do NOT arbitrarily take $15 plus tax every month. 

@Lemony_Snicket wrote:

Top up can be done any day before the payment date.  Doing that would totally defeat the convenience of auto payment.

FYI: Top up can be done any day up to the payment due date. The day funds are applied to your account is shown under My Rewards as date next plan cycle starts.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Lemony_Snicket
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Top up can be done any day before the payment date.  Doing that would totally defeat the convenience of auto payment.

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

As @dabr says, you can pay on the day you wish and still receive the autopay credit. Only one warning: If your cycle comes around to the 1st of the month, it will cycle again on the 31st (30 days) of that month. 

If your not living, "paycheck to paycheck" like some are, you can make two payments on the first of that month and then you should be good for another 30ish cycles. Otherwise, your credit card will just take up the slack, anyway.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@ecashmore wrote:

I'm a new Public Mobile customer. So far I LOVE the service. I'd like to register for auto-pay but when I did I realized that the payment comes out on the 6th of the month. I pay ALL my bills together on the first. If I were to register for auto-pay (the credit is my reason for registering) but pay the bill BEFORE the payment is due, will it take the payment out of my account twice? Any help with this is greatly appreciated. 🙂

No you won't be charged twice.  If you add funds to your account before the plan due date, the balance in your account will be debited first, but having your CC registered for autopay will still allow for you to receive your $2 discount.

Need Help? Let's chat.