cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paying for my son's Public Mobile account without password

Kelly_Sue
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm trying to find my son not sure if he has his phone but know its not paid up; want to know if I can pay for his phone wanting the RCMP will ping it.  We're looking for him, he's missing.

22 REPLIES 22

Zyl
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Kelly_Sue wrote:

I did this apparently cannot since his phone number has been deactivated.

@Kelly_Sue   Would you at least know his cellphone number that he had with Public Mobile?  With a cellphone number, even if the account is deactivated, the customer agent of Public Mobile, if you send a private message to them via CS_Agent, might still be able to provide a phone record showing the last phone numbers that he contacted or contacted him before the account was deactivated and that might help you to locate him.       

In this case, a better way to find him might be through his social media accounts if he has any, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat and etc. that might show his last whereabouts if he has a habit of sharing his life moments with his friends and family members.  

Hope this helps.  Hope you find him soon, safe and sound.  

@Kelly_Sue   Very sorry to hear about your situation and wish you all the best on locating your son ASAP.

You said his number has been deactivated?  That sounds like his account wasn't paid for more than 90 days after suspension of non payment.  

You should still contact customer support (directions/links have been provided in earlier posts) since his number might still be retrievable, especially if it was issued by PM, Telus or Koodo, and as long as it's not already been assigned to anyone else.   I believe any deactivated number is held in pool for upto 90 days before being assigned to a new customer.   The other complication might be if your son's number was issued by another carrier in which case it would have been returned to that carrier after being deactivated.   

I'm sure CS agents will try their best if they possibly can to help you with this.  Again, wishing you all the best.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Kelly_Sue : You have two options to do this without any _real_ account access:

Dial 1-855-4pu-blic and type in the phone number you think it is to check on the status

If it gives you a renewal date and balance then great.

If not then if it says something about being suspended then we're still alright.

1. Buy a voucher either in many stores or online and redeem it into the account. It will automatically renew the account.

2. A few stores can do instant top-up where all they need is the phone number.

Then call that 18554public line to check if it got all renewed.

Then at least you'd know the account is active.

Edit: deactivated is different than suspended. After you typed in the number does it let you do anything else. Like press #. If so does it let you press 1 for vouchers.

Kelly_Sue

I did this apparently cannot since his phone number has been deactivated.

0PX9O4
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Kelly_Sue 

This was already mentioned by another community member above, but you can try to call 855-4PU-BLIC from any phone, and enter your son's PM phone number to find out the account status and make payment with a voucher.

Kelly_Sue

I'll check this out with my daughter. Thank you.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Kelly_Sue : There was a point of clarification asked the other day...do you know the phone number of your sons phone?

And of course have you contacted the CSA's? Verifying you to gain any access could be problematic.

Kelly_Sue

I have his phone number I want to start up his account again, its been dormant for two months.  He's with Public Mobile.

0PX9O4

@Kelly_Sue 

Are you able to purchase a PM payment voucher from a local store to reactivate his account?

Kelly_Sue

Have done this didn't work.

Kelly_Sue

Hello, I was on here the other day asking the same question and did follow the simple instructions but couldn't top up the account or start it. He's missing. The RCMP have asked me again to reach out.  I need to pay money to have his phone activated. I am a Public Mobile customer.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

You will have to know at least his phone number and then talk to CSA through private mail and prove you are relative to that client.

His phone could be off and then I doubt anybody could ping him and determine where is he.

Please let us know how search is progressing. This is really distressing event.

pkaraa

No known email there @Zyl 

When called tollfree # to check the status, they learnt that phone number can not be found. @Anonymous 

@Kelly_Sue if it was a working phone number 90 days before and now it has been cancelled then the number is gone and SIM is inactive. I have doubts that PM would be able to revive a cancelled SIM/phone number.

Zyl
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Kelly_Sue wrote:

I'm trying to find my son not sure if he has his phone but know its not paid up; want to know if I can pay for his phone wanting the RCMP will ping it.  We're looking for him, he's missing.

@Kelly_Sue     There is another way that you might be able to find his whereabouts, at least the last known whereabouts in addition to pinging his phone.  Google allows a person to share his/her location with others.  Would you know your son's email address that he uses to email you and/or the email address that he logs into his cellphone with?  If it's a gmail address and if the location on his cellphone is turned on, you might be able to know his last whereabouts if he's ever shared his location history with you or with any of his friends and other family members perhaps. 

Hope this helps and hope you find your son soon, safe and sound.     

0PX9O4

I'm assuming Kelly meant that the current cellphone location could not be triangulated. I'm assuming they do have the number.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Kelly_Sue : No other friends, relatives, workplace, social settings that might have his number? That he called them and they would have that call display? How do you know he's with Public Mobile?

0PX9O4

All the best Kelly!

Kelly_Sue

Cell phone number cannot be found.  Advice was to contact RCMP as they have direct numbers to Telus and could possibly activate phone. The constable in charge of the case is off duty starts at 3 so have sent a message to him to see if this has or can be done.  Thank you for your help.  Kindness to you.

Kelly

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Kelly_Sue : This is distressing. You can call 18554public and type in his number and it'll tell you the account status and due date and amount due depending on status.

If it says it's suspended then you can buy vouchers in many stores or online and redeem them into his account this way too. Or you can use instant top-up in a few stores just giving the phone number.

Kelly_Sue

I don't have his id for email.

pkaraa

If you know the email id your son was using and if you have access to that email then you can try forgot the password link and get into the 'my account ' page to pay and activate the plan so cops can trace back the phone location. 

0PX9O4

@Kelly_Sue 

Sorry to hear about this. Please send a private message to CS_Agent and hopefully they will be able to help you out.

All the best - hope he is safe and that you find him soon!

Need Help? Let's chat.