cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pay as you go

ghxhongxia
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I want to know if public mobile has prepaid plans?

12 REPLIES 12

@Plan wrote:

Rogers used to call their pre paid no contract plans Pay As You Go. I just googled it and noticed that now Rogers also refers to them as Pre Paid Plans. 

HI @Plan   Yes, Rogers use that term quiet a lot

In some countries, PAYG actually means different than pre-paid.   But I think here, it is pretty much the same in Canada

Helpershelper
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@ghxhongxia 

If you want a prepaid plan, it’s best to visit a retailer like wirelesswave where they can get you prepaid plans that aren’t advertised. You can even visit the source that has good unadvertised Bell/Lucky mobile plans.

@Plan- My mother is on a grandfathered pure pay as you go plan with Telus.

Some US providers still offer PAYG. It's that they function differently from pre-paid.

Plan
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Rogers used to call their pre paid no contract plans Pay As You Go. I just googled it and noticed that now Rogers also refers to them as Pre Paid Plans. 

@Plan- Pay as you go plans are very different from pre-paid plans in function. Yes you pre-pay for pay as you go but it's just a bucket of money to draw from to pay for each individual text, call, data.

Pre-paid like here is much closer to post-paid minus the overages.

Plan
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

All of PM plans are pre-paid plans with no long term contracts - just the same idea as Rogers Pay-Go plans.

messenabout
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Absolutely! That's what they do best here!

JL9
Mayor / Maire

That is all they do, with add ons when needed. No chance for overages at all because of that as well

LeePublic
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Yes, PM is prepaid. However, it isn't pay as you go, if you want pay as you go, 7Eleven Speakout Wireless is the way to go. 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @ghxhongxia   All plans here are prepaid plans  🙂

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@ghxhongxia  - you are in luck - Public Mobile is ONLY prepaid plans!

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/plans

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@ghxhongxia hi yes all plans here are prepaid juat go to the top of the page to see them all under shop then plans 

Need Help? Let's chat.