cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Password reset page does not accept email with plus sign

stchung123456
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

You cannot reset your password using your email if your email's user part contains a '+' sign. The plus sign is a valid character according to RFC 2822, and the activation page has no issue with it.

Any idea how one can report the inconsistency to PM?

6 REPLIES 6

HI @Luddite   so, is the gmail alias trick still working for creating My Accoutn and receiving 2FA?

@dabr  I meant this zyx@tmobile.com is an alias for the primary address of prime@tmobile.com. The service I use allows such aliases, as does icloud mail.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@Luddite   Thanks, yes I assumed that 2FA would work for a non alias email, but since I do manage couple of family accounts using an alias email, not being able to change passwords could become a problem going forward on these accounts if it ever became necessary, luckily I haven't forgotten the password for these accounts, yet!

edit: @Luddite   sorry misread your response, so are you using "." followed by a name?

@dabr  Just FYI: my aliases that are "real" names without + do work to receive the 2FA code. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@stchung123456    @popping  has also recently mentioned there being an issue with trying to reset the password if using an alias email address with "+".   Yes, you're right, because I just tested it and the "+" doesn't get added to the email.  I have no problems logging into the accounts with an alias gmail.  This is really odd and frustrating for any account that is suspended and needed to reset their password as only an email is available for the verification code.

I'm going to tag community manager @J_PM  and hope that she can get this looked into or an explanation perhaps.

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@stchung123456 

tried use browser from computer,and clear cache and cookies and use one page inPrivate mode,

then  Reset Password

Edit: your service is working then Reset Your Password and choose get the verification code by Phone SMS.

and after set new password you can  Login Page  and use your email,,

e.g.  PM+1-2+3@ yahoo, hotmail , gmail . ca/com

i tried now all will be working with you need login..after changed passord close all browser and one page inPrivate mode,

but for Reset Password and choose by email,,e.g.  PM+1-2+3@ not allowed to getting the verification code.

if not have service then contact support team by CS_Agent  to change email and set new password.

Need Help? Let's chat.