cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paid yesterday.. Account says active but get Emerg calls only message

Boobies1965
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Account says active buy can't call. I get emergency calls only message. I paid $25 with a voucher yesterday. Thx.

19 REPLIES 19

Interesting @Boobies1965 , glad customer support was able to resolve.   I wonder what they had to do to get you going again.   Sometimes a reprovisioning at their end gets things rolling again.

Welcome back!!!

Boobies1965

One of their tech/engineers fixed everything on his end. My service is up and working now. Thx for your, and everyone else's help. 🙂

thanks @Boobies1965   for the update   At least they see the fund there

Ask them for compensation for the lost of service for couple days

Boobies1965

Yes.. They got back to me. They reset everything on their end and still no go. They think it "may" be a system glitch after I paid with a voucher. They referred my issue to their programming/software. Said it would be up to 48hrs for response.

@Boobies1965   have  you open a ticket with PM Support yet? Did PM support come back and tell you what was the problem?

Boobies1965

BTW - Thanks for all your help.

Boobies1965

I bought the fun from a reputable person 5 years ago and it has been work well since on SaskTel and then Public.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Boobies1965 

Was the device acquired brand new or used?  If used, was it from a reputable source or unknown?

Check to see if blacklisted:

https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

Boobies1965

Only one SIM card slot.

Boobies1965

I submitted a ticket. My account says active til April 23rd plus I have a $25 account balance but still only emergency calls allowed and texts are shutdown too. I imagine data is not accessible to but haven't tried it.

@Boobies1965 

does your cell phone have dual sim slots ? If so, power down the phone and remove sim from current slot and reinstall in other...restart the phone.

Does that help ?

Definitely send this to the CSA's for investigation, @Boobies1965 

To contact a Customer Support Agent, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type Customer Support Agent, then select Contact Us, then select Other (or the topic that more closely matches your request).  Click the result which states Click here to submit a ticket and follow the prompts,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the Customer Support Agent by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

Boobies1965

Refreshed little icons and still says active for the next month. Telus outage maps are clear for my Sask region.

Boobies1965

1.855.4public gets me the emergency calls only pop up on the screen just like *611.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Boobies1965 

Check to see if they is an outage in your area:

https://istheservicedowncanada.com/status/telus/map 

@Boobies1965 how about Mobile data?

*611 is currently having issues, so it is not just you.

Try calling 1.855.4PUBLIC,  enter your phone number and see if it tells you your account is active.

if it says active but still problem, please open ticket with PM support 

Boobies1965

I can't even call *611. I get emergency calls only message graphic. Texts don't work either.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Boobies1965 could be unrelated with renewal but a problem with the network. There are couple complaints already

Please submit ticket with PM agent and they can check 

at : https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

First type Contact,
then select the only choice there: "Contact..",
from the list of , choose "Other"
finally click link the blue link about submit a ticket
Another page will open and just follow: .

After ticket is submitted, make sure to check your Community Inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically for response from PM

If you have problems submitting a ticket, you can open ticket by private message (but this can take longer):

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Boobies1965 

When you log into the self-serve, make sure to tap the little refresher icons to make sure you're not seeing an outdated version of the page.

When you call 611 from your device, what messaging do you hear?

Also, does your texting and data work?

EFIT:  Try rebooting your device, resetting Network connections, and toggling airplane mode on and off

If both 611 and the self-serve page confirm your account status is active,  there could also be an outage in your area.  Google the Telus outage map and select your location to check.

Need Help? Let's chat.