cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paid up manually, updated card info, service still not working, please assist.

itsmel2
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I lost my debit card over the holidays, and before I could replace it, Public Mobile attempted to withdraw funds for my plan, but could not. I have since paid for my plan manually with $13 extra on my account, and have updated my card information, but my plan is still not active and I cannot make or receive calls on my phone. My service is not working. I have waited over half an hour, and still nothing. Is there NO way to chat to someone real, in some way? Please assist asap.

20 REPLIES 20

@itsmel2 wrote:

Thank you everyone, again, for all of your help. A moderator named Oana re-activated the phone and it is now working again. I really appreciate all your ideas, in the meantime.

If I have, in fact, lost that AutoPay reward when I switched cards, then will it automatically be restored as a reward, now that the phone has been re-activated also?

@itsmel2 Changing cards should not affect your AutoPay reward. If your AutoPay reward is not being applied then submit another ticket to Public and ask them to apply it.

Djinni75
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yes, you should get your reward back.

itsmel2

Thank you everyone, again, for all of your help. A moderator named Oana re-activated the phone and it is now working again. I really appreciate all your ideas, in the meantime.

If I have, in fact, lost that AutoPay reward when I switched cards, then will it automatically be restored as a reward, now that the phone has been re-activated also?

itsmel2

I may have already lost my autopay reward when I cancelled it and then restarted it with the updated card information. But the issue with my phone not working... that was happening before I ever did that. If the reward has not been restored, I'm assuming, or at least hoping, that will be resolved also, once all is said and done.

As of this moment, I've created the ticket, but have not recieved a phone call from a human, yet. My phone is still not able to make or recieve calls or texts from anyone else, despite showing as "Active" on the website.

@hairbag1 wrote:

As previously suggested...log into My Account / Plans and Add-ons/Lost-Stolen tab. Then choose Suspend service, then shut down phone. Restart phone and repeat those steps only this time choose Resume service. Restart again. See if this final trick works.

You might end up temporarily loosing any rewards, but will be reinstated at next renewal.

@itsmel2  Please note that there is a good chance you will lose your AutoPay reward if you try the lost stolen reset trick. Best to wait for the Moderator to reply. Just keep checking the envelope top right of your screen for a reply.

@itsmel2 wrote:

I have filed a ticket, as you suggested, to speak with a human. Not that you aren't all humans, but I'm gathering that someone will speak to me verbally and help to try and resolve this. Hopefully so, and soon...

Thank you, each, for all of your respective efforts...

Nobody from PM will verablly speak to you. In the top right side of the screen you'll see the little envelope icon. When they respond to you, you'll see a red dot beside that icon. Click it to see their response. It could be 48 hours before you hear back...but usually much less.

While waiting, try the lost-stolen trick.

As previously suggested...log into My Account / Plans and Add-ons/Lost-Stolen tab. Then choose Suspend service, then shut down phone. Restart phone and repeat those steps only this time choose Resume service. Restart again. See if this final trick works.

You might end up temporarily loosing any rewards, but will be reinstated at next renewal.

itsmel2

I have filed a ticket, as you suggested, to speak with a human. Not that you aren't all humans, but I'm gathering that someone will speak to me verbally and help to try and resolve this. Hopefully so, and soon...

Thank you, each, for all of your respective efforts...

itsmel2

Okay, so I removed the SIM, waited an entire 5 minutes, put it back in. Still the same automated voice message telling me I do not have an appropriate long distance plan and so I cannot complete the call. Even though the plan is showing as Active on my account, clear as day.

Is your recommendation to do this ticket request then? What is the choice you think is best, given all these ideas not working?

I'm really not understanding what's going on here. I did everything. The website says everything is fine.

Note: The link you provided DOES seem to indicate exactly what is happening to me......

itsmel2

I have not tried taking the SIM out yet, I will try that next. Unfortunately, the airplane mode for 5 minutes, then restart.... did not solve the problem. Automated message still says there I do not have a proper long distance plan to make a local call.... I cannot call out, and I cannot receive calls. When someone tries to call me, it goes straight to voicemail.

I will try taking the SIM out for a minute, then putting it back in and restarting again...

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

this is more details on the lost stolen trick as @Anonymous  mentioned.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/SOLUTION-My-plan-has-enough-funds-but-will-not-renew-or-re/m-p/284552#M20518

if all else fails use the Simo the chat bot to initiate a ticket request

The quickest way to contact moderators is to use the ChatBot SIMon (the green ? on bottom of screen). Typing "moderator" then clicking on account "specific question" then "no i want a human", then "submit ticket" is the quickest way I have found to get to the submit ticket for moderator assistance form.

@itsmel2 wrote:

Okay, I have turned on airplane mode. I will leave it for 5 minutes, and then restart the phone and try to call again.

As a side note, I did just text the same numbers I've been trying to call, and texts seem to go through on my end, but the recipient does not actually receive them either (looked at his phone). So text is also not working.......

What happens when son calls you ?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@itsmel2 wrote:

Okay, I have turned on airplane mode. I will leave it for 5 minutes, and then restart the phone and try to call again.

As a side note, I did just text the same numbers I've been trying to call, and texts seem to go through on my end, but the recipient does not actually receive them either (looked at his phone). So text is also not working.......

We're running out of tricks. Another is to turn off the phone, remove SIM, wait another minute or three and re-insert SIM and restart.

There is a final trick that unfortunately might cause you to lose any rewards temporarily. Using the lost/stolen feature to reset the account.

itsmel2

@itsmel2...It's a long-shot but try turning on Airplane mode for 5 minutes. Then restart phone. Hope this works this time.

itsmel2

I am on a $40 plan, and have now added an extra $1 to the plan using the new card information. So I now have a total of $14 credit, on a plan that says active. I have also restarted my phone twice, and tried calling the same local numbers using a 1 in front of the number. Still the same automated voice message indicating I do not have a proper long distance plan. But the plan is the same and says active on the website.

My Plan
  • This plan includes:
  • 4.5GB at 3G Speed
  • Unlimited Canada-wide Talk
  • Unlimited International Text

@itsmel2 Or try texting him. If that works check to see if you have minutes left on you're account (if your on a limited plan).

Anonymous
Not applicable

@itsmel2 wrote:

It says "Active" -- however when I attempt to make a call, I am told via an automated voice message that I do not have an active long distance add-on and so cannot complete the call. But I am calling locally, to my own son, a number that I call every day, and is also on Public Mobile.

Hmm. Maybe try adding a 1 in front of the number. Or try calling any other number adding the 1.

You could also try manually adding another $1 using that newly registered card and restart the phone.

itsmel2

It says "Active" -- however when I attempt to make a call, I am told via an automated voice message that I do not have an active long distance add-on and so cannot complete the call. But I am calling locally, to my own son, a number that I call every day, and is also on Public Mobile.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@itsmel2 wrote:

I lost my debit card over the holidays, and before I could replace it, Public Mobile attempted to withdraw funds for my plan, but could not. I have since paid for my plan manually with $13 extra on my account, and have updated my card information, but my plan is still not active and I cannot make or receive calls on my phone. My service is not working. I have waited over half an hour, and still nothing. Is there NO way to chat to someone real, in some way? Please assist asap.

Does your self-serve say Active? Or does it say it's suspended up top? If the latter then try clicking on the Reactivate button. If the former then maybe restart the phone.

Need Help? Let's chat.