cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paid for US roaming text/call but didn't work

DYJ
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi all,

I paid US roaming call/text but just called once then never worked. After I tried seconde time I kept getting this message "Sorry, your current plans does not include US roaming text messageing. To update your plan to inlucde us roaming texting vistit publicmobile.ca/seflerve". When I came back to Canada, I found it had been charged $8 from my bill.

Can I get $8 back? How can I do it?

Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6

DYJ

I dail the same number in the same room on second day and got public error message.

DYJ

Thank you very much! I will contact MOD team.

DYJ

Thanks a lot! I also purchased $20 data plan - that worked well in US. Thanks for the link you give. I'll send to them.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

You said the the first number you tried worked. That seems to mean  the addon was working at that point.  Are you sure you were dialing the numbers correctly?

As mentioned try mods see what they say. 

missorange
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Just send a message to MOD team, and explain your situation properly. They may give you a credit depends on your case. 

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@DYJ wrote:

Hi all,

I paid US roaming call/text but just called once then never worked. After I tried seconde time I kept getting this message "Sorry, your current plans does not include US roaming text messageing. To update your plan to inlucde us roaming texting vistit publicmobile.ca/seflerve". When I came back to Canada, I found it had been charged $8 from my bill.

Can I get $8 back? How can I do it?

Thanks.

No one here can help you get account credits. We are all customers like you. As this is a pre-paid service there is no guarantee you will receive a refund. You will have to contact the moderator team directly to set that up, they are usually pretty nice, typically moderators do not peruse here on the forum they are busy answering private messages  Click this to send them a message

U.S. Roaming Add-ons are enabled a soon as you buy them and automatically. With the US add-ons, you need to connect to the roaming partner networks (AT&T, T-Mobile) in order to use the service.  The Public Mobile network is only available in Canada.  All roaming usage involves being able to connect to a roaming partner's network. If data is purchased, roaming data needs to be enabled. Make sure you enable roaming on your phone. You need to make sure your phone has "ROAMING" settings turned to on.

In my experience when you click enable roaming on your phone, the phone gives you a warning. "ARE YOU ABSOLUTELY SURE YOU WANT TO DO THIS YOU MAY INCUR MASSIVE CHARGES."  Pretty sure all phones have roaming disabled by default for this reason.

U.S. Roaming Add-Ons expire after 10 days. Any unused data expires at the end of the U.S. Roaming Add-On.

U.S. Roaming Add-Ons are not available if you're on a grandfathered $19 plan.

Calls made to numbers starting with the following six digit combinations are not included in U.S. Roaming talk Add-Ons or U.S. calling from Canada and will not be completed when dialled: 712-432, 605-562, 641-552, 605-475, 605-477, 712-775, 559-726.

Need Help? Let's chat.