cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PUK code needed

Fooosh
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I can’t seem to reach anyone at Public Mobile. You are asked to register with the community to create a ticket to submit to a live agent. Community account created but nothing sent to my registered email. And I don’t think I can access a live agent without the email registration. My SIM card is locked and I can’t make any out going calls. Please help!

17 REPLIES 17

softech
Mayor / Maire

@Fooosh   So, this PM SIM has been working before and suddenly just locked?  Have you been using a PIN on your SIM card?

Fooosh

The problem was solved. Until I turned off my phone and after turning it on the SIM PUK code requirement came back and you can’t use the same one that unlocked it before. What’s happening?

@Fooosh 

We're you given a unique code? Every time my A3 powers off I get the unlock screen but I have always just used the default pin #.

Edit:

This is what I get:

Screenshot_20210827-130125.png

Fooosh

I turned off my phone and when I turned it back on the phone asked for the PUK again. I entered the one given to me and it wouldn’t work. I was then told to use another series of numbers which worked and then the original numbers worked again

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Fooosh 

Weird. Well keep those two sets of numbers handy and see if that continues to work for you when you put them in the phone in that order but be careful to not keep using them if they fail to work in that sequence. If that happens you will have to contact customer support again.

@Fooosh wrote:

I turned off my phone and when I turned it back on the phone asked for the PUK again. I entered the one given to me and it wouldn’t work. I was then told to use another series of numbers which worked and then the original numbers worked again

Weird.. l next time , make a note and let us know the exact error message..

z10user4
Mayor / Maire

@Fooosh : Is your phone set to use a PIN with the SIM? Like in my A31 running A11 - Settings/Biometrics & security/Other security settings/Set up SIM card lock. (mine's off)

@Fooosh 

Actually this seems to make sense once I read @softech 's reply of how to submit a ticket via Simple--Simon. I'm not quite sure of the order you put them in but appears you need to use the PUK code to unlock the screen to enter sim card unlock pin or vice versa. But you get my drift....