cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PSA: Do not switch to Public Points!

JK8
Mayor / Maire

Everyone would have received the More is Merrier email by now or shortly. They have also made it appear that Public Points is the way to go. For the customers on the old rewards system careful not to get baited into switching to Public Points. There is no turning back once you do.

PP.jpg

20 REPLIES 20

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Janey2   Good to hear...

@shourunjin   Oh no! sorry to hear, that's tough.  Don't forget to redeem the extra 1GB data now available to customers with points.

Janey2
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thank you  I figured that out but I had to work hard to find the information before I could figure that the Rewards are better than points.

shourunjin
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I've fallen for it

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Janey2    The main thing is, as long as you're still on the old rewards which are now grandfathered in, then don't take the bait and switch as PM doesn't allow for buyer's remorse once you've switched to points.

@Janey2  yes, you will get 2GB + 500 LD minutes

IF you are on new rewards, then on top , you will get 1GB extra

Janey2

you are correct about the 10 points for every 12 months - to me it is slimey, deceiving or however one wants to describe it when someone is not being straight forward and clear!@

Janey2

JK8 regarding your comment on "Redeem More" .  I read the whole More the Merrier advert as saying I get 2 GB data, 500 free international minutes and IF I am on the points system I can also get the "Redeem More" bonus of an additional 1 GB of data.  Am I correct in my interpretation?  I must say my initial reading left me thinking I had to convert to points to get any of the More the Merrier perks.

What I can decipher is it seems the points are not as valuable as the old rewards ..the rewards seem to have a higher dollar value to me that the points - anyone have a thought on that?

kaytus
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@JK8 Thanks for the headsup

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

They are going to have to pry the old $ reward system from my cold...... 🤣    

buildingbid
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Thanks for the headsup

@JK8    @softech    Yes, that's how I read the More the Merrier announcement.   Seems to be sort of an enticement to get customers on old rewards to switch to the points system in order to get an extra GB of free data.  Sorry, PM not falling for it! 

brainfreze
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Great post. Grandfathered account holders benefit most with the recurring discounts as it continues to stack. We're all for saving money on our monthly rates in the long run. Time will tell with how PM bonuses compare with their new points program.

MandyJ
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Yes, while I haven't received the email yet about the rewards, my father got his, so we looked at the offered rewards. The one for the free 1GB if you switch to points definitely isn't worth losing your old rewards over. I'm currently saving $7 a month with the grandfathered in "old plan" and the new points system won't get anywhere near that in rewards.

Metal1967
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@softech  maybe.. looked quick.. I’m sure you’ll  post correct info..👍

@Metal1967 you sure new rewards not 2GB + 1GB ??

Metal1967

@JK8  The merry Xmas offer shows it all .. old members 2 gb.. new 1gb.. we get something over the new members for once 

statusquo

Thank you for the explanation.  I'm sorry to have missed the old rewards as that sounds much better than my points.  

brettster99

@statusquo  this is more for people on the old rewards system before the switch in January where you got $2 off every month with auto pay and loyalty off every month and refer a friend equaled $1 off every month.

everyone the joined after January have been automatically in the points system that is objectively worse then the old system. But for people who have no choice then that’s nice 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

thanks @JK8 

honest, they should say 12GB for 12 months plus $20 off for 15 months to get us into Public Points.

nice try PM.. 🤣

statusquo

There was only points when I joined.  It's very good of public to give us some free data.  I haven't received any notice about it yet.

Need Help? Let's chat.