cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PM needs to do something for people stuck home

tehowennathe
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Public Mobile really needs to give unlimited data for the time being. There are people like me who are stuck home waiting for test results to see if they have Covid-19. Some of us don't have home internet. We only have mobile data. Please help the people like me. If I use all my data I won't be connected to loved ones who are worried with me waiting for results. I know they won't do anything for US!

8 REPLIES 8

@tehowennathe  And your answer to my question above?

tehowennathe
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I have Bell satellite but they don't have internet in my area. Only the local cable company has internet but they are only bundle it if you have cable. Reason I never went with them is because people in the community who have internet providers like the cable company say it's extremely slow because it's a shared connection. everyone in town says if they had another option they would switch away from the local cable company.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Triguy wrote:

There is a reduction in the prices for data add-ons 1 GB  is $15 and 200MB is $10

Just for clarity...the 200MB price did not change. 50% off the 1gb is a nice offer.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@tehowennathe  I still think the best option for those witj no internet is a temporat switch to the $50 hybrid plan. Free calls to the US and 8.5 gigs of data with autopay. Here's an article on switching plans  https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/change-your-plan 

This planScreenshot_20200323-100237.jpg

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@tehowennathe wrote:

Public Mobile really needs to give unlimited data for the time being. There are people like me who are stuck home waiting for test results to see if they have Covid-19. Some of us don't have home internet. We only have mobile data. Please help the people like me. If I use all my data I won't be connected to loved ones who are worried with me waiting for results. I know they won't do anything for US!

Have you gone to any of the home internet providers and see if there is anything they are offering to help people during this time?  I know you say you don't have home internet do you have cable that maybe they could add the internet to your home plan as well?  The small data amounts for cell phones aren't designed for home-usage.  I don't see PM going unlimited data during this time, some of the higher tiers are offering this though.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

CannonFodder
Mayor / Maire

@tehowennathe wrote:

Uhm.... so your plan doesn't include texting and/or calling minutes, such that you could text or call those "loved ones who are worried"?

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

There is a reduction in the price for data 1 GB  is $15.

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@tehowennathe wrote:

You can now get an add on of 1G for $15.

data1.jpg

Need Help? Let's chat.