cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PM needs to acknowledge the issue and make an announcement for its customers

johncross
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
Public Mobile needs to acknowledge the problem and announce to customers what'e being done, what ETA are they targeting, how are they going to mitigate this issue. Are they going to issue a refund for the hours they went offline? Are they going to reach out to all affected customers individually? Right now it seems they are in a chaotic panic and prefer not to speak about what's happening. One tweet would have been enough, or a blurb on their homepage yet somehow there is no announcement. 
9 REPLIES 9

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Good morning community!

Thank you all for your patience!

Just an update - the issue has now been resolved and all services should be fully functional. Can you please power cycle and test outgoing calls?

Cheers,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

MEU_21
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@will13am wrote:

@johncross, I totally agree.  Unfortunately, this is one area of major weakness in this service.  Stuff breaks but never seem to get fixed.  Announcements on problems and their resolution are virtually non existent.  

Respectfully, I disagree. Things do get fixed, and often I'm surprised at the speed.... Well, it just so happens it got fixed as I was writing this. Anyways, yes we are addicted to our phones, but hopefully we all survived. We'll know who didn't survive if they no longer show-up on the forum.

fch
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Service is up now... Can make outgoing Calls.

nellium

@closng wrote:

Hi @johncross,

I am also impacted by this outage and understand how frustating and inconvenient this outage is, but there is really no need to create multiple topics accross different sections on the forums to voice your concerns. One topic is more than suffient.

Unfortunately, the reward system encourages users to post multiple comments across multiple sections. 

nellium

Seconded, however pinpointing the issue before an announcement may be what they are trying to do. 

I have no issues, and it could be a legacy customer thing. Whereas my friend who ported over last year is having issues. 

When the dust settles, hopefully PM can reflect on their management of how this transpired. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@johncross, I totally agree.  Unfortunately, this is one area of major weakness in this service.  Stuff breaks but never seem to get fixed.  Announcements on problems and their resolution are virtually non existent.  

johncross

Agree, though which section would logically be the best? They should create one for troubleshooting I guess. Folks are posting all around and getting more frustrated for not getting any response. 

mschmuty

Checking the ouage report dosent show that too many people are having issues

http://outagereport.ca/publicmobile

closng
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi @johncross,

I am also impacted by this outage and understand how frustating and inconvenient this outage is, but there is really no need to create multiple topics accross different sections on the forums to voice your concerns. One topic is more than suffient.

Need Help? Let's chat.