cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PM community rewards

PAULRANG18
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I have answered questions from the community whenever I can. I would like to know, preferably from a veteran community member, how much community work you need to do to get a reward? I imagine it could take a lot to get into the top 50%. I know it would vary depending on how many people participate but just need a general estimate.

Thanks.

12 REPLIES 12

@SD08 wrote:

@AE_Collector wrote:

Ahh, thanks @SD08 .

And I notice the actual Badges don’t get added nor does the “Total Rewards Earned” banner get updated when the cash is added, adding and them and updating the banner must be a separate step that hasn’t happened yet.

Yes, the badges seem to be a separate process, usually appearing on the same day as the monthly announcement, which can usually be anywhere from 1 to 5 days after the account rewards appear.  The “Total Rewards Earned” banner gets updated at renewal time when the accumulated pending rewards are converted into available funds just before they are used for the payment. 

Thanks @SD08 and @AE_Collector  you have helped me narrow down the timing of community reward awarding......apparentlyvexact dates do matter

Good info... thanks for sharing. We will get the inner workings of PM reverse engineered eventually!

Terry

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@AE_Collector wrote:

Ahh, thanks @SD08 .

And I notice the actual Badges don’t get added nor does the “Total Rewards Earned” banner get updated when the cash is added, adding and them and updating the banner must be a separate step that hasn’t happened yet.

Yes, the badges seem to be a separate process, usually appearing on the same day as the monthly announcement, which can usually be anywhere from 1 to 5 days after the account rewards appear.  The “Total Rewards Earned” banner gets updated at renewal time when the accumulated pending rewards are converted into available funds just before they are used for the payment. 

Ahh, thanks @SD08 .

I was going to ask if anyone expecting to get a reward for September is seeing the $ in their account now. I’ve been seeing my reward since Sunday yet there is still no announcement of September’s rewards.  And I notice the actual Badges don’t get added nor does the “Total Rewards Earned” banner get updated when the cash reward is added, adding the badges and updating the banner must be a separate step that hasn’t happened yet.

Of course my particular interest in this subject revolves around my need to announce that it would appear that the glitch I had with community $$ actually landing in my account is resolved! I never had the opportunity to deal directly with the tech that PM Moderator Anna referred my constant glitch too but he/she seemed to very quickly and thoroughly fix it AND correct all the entries in my “Total Rewards Earned” banner as well. I’m impressed!

Terry

0EC7D1A1-7E45-40CD-B23A-2F21CDBFA48D.jpeg

SD08

@PAULRANG18 

I've moved this topic from the Getting Started section to the Rewards category.

FYI, the rewards for September were credited to accounts a couple of days ago (with an announcement to follow soon), while October has yet to be decided and won't be credited until the first week of November.  In case you were wondering about the just completed round of rewards, from past experience and recent history, I'm quite certain that your activity in September (2 posts, 0 bravos, 0 solutions) wasn't sufficient to make the top 50%.  Best of luck for October though, and welcome to the PM community.

popping

@PAULRANG18 

You need to learn how PM works first.  Reading lot of answers and filter out what is correct before you can help your fellow subscribers.  You may need to spend some hours before you can get enough bravos for your first $1 community reward.  Welcome aboard.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

With the community turning into a camp site these days for the top contributors, it is a bit of an all or nothing proposition to getting into the top 10% and above.  Within maybe 10 minutes of a new thread, we can be on page 2 for responses already.  Only the 25% and 50% reward level is reasonably achievable.  Forget about secret formulas, the campers have already figured out that post count trumps other metrics. 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Spend sometime reading over past solutions and posts.  Just keep particitpating in the forum and you may eventually become eligible to receive a community reward.

missorange
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

It really depends, Sometimes I think I participate a lot, but get a little reward, so maybe because more and more people starts to participate, a lot of people share the same pool. 

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Stay Safe!

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@PAULRANG18 

Unfortunately the exact formula is a secret/mystery.

And it will well vary from month to month.

You best bet is to read, post when you have questions or helpful replies and give Bravos as needed. Your community work will be rewarded in due time.

@PAULRANG18 wrote:

I have answered questions from the community whenever I can. I would like to know, preferably from a veteran community member, how much community work you need to do to get a reward? I imagine it could take a lot to get into the top 50%. I know it would vary depending on how many people participate but just need a general estimate.

Thanks.

Top 50% can probably be accomplished with one relatively busy day spent in the Community. The threshhold to receive a reward changes each month.

Need Help? Let's chat.