cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PM 3G frequencies

stuart
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am attempting to connect a new vendor's smartwatch to PM.  I have 4 earlier and different models which all worked flawlessly, but the new one says "No available network". PM 3G only uses 850 and 1900 which are both supported by the first watches, while the newest watch only supports 850 and 2100.  Can anyone confirm that both 850 and 1900 must function before any device can work on the PM network?  I find that counterintuitive and don't understand why the 850 wouldn't work where 850 is available and not where only 1900 is available.

8 REPLIES 8

@computergeek541 wrote:

and I didn't want to simply repeat what somone else had already said.

Hurrah! Hip hip hooray! Attaboy!

@stuart wrote:

Thank You for making that point!!   Didn't get an answer from anyone.

There was an answer provided a few minutes after your question.   Softech's first response was that your device would work in some places but not some others and I didn't want to simply repeat what somone else had already said. I will say that for you new watch, if you're within a return policy time period, I would advise to return it for a refund or exchange for a different model.

@stuart 

Technically you can have just one of the two 3G bands and it will connect in some area , but the connection wouldn't be stable.  You need both 850 and 1900 to have a stable voice connection everywhere. 

And a watch or phone with just 850 will especially not work in Manitoba (Winnipeg area),  I hope you are not there

stuart
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thank You for making that point!!   Didn't get an answer from anyone.

@Timer wrote:

@stuart 

frequency bands

In this stituation, Stuart hasn't asked for a list of frequency bands used.  The OP (Stuart) already knows which 3g bands are used by Public Mobile and is only asking if a device only supporting one them will still work.

Timer
Mayor / Maire

jor123
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I never seem to connect to 1900mhz 3G in nl, maybe it’s been reallocated to lte 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@stuart   Yes, PM runs on 850 and 1900 for voice

Since not everywhere have BOTH 850 and 1900, it is best your watch have both frequencies so you won't have problem with voice

Your new watch has 850, so, it will work "some" area but won't work well  "everywhere"    

Which province are you in?

Need Help? Let's chat.