cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PAYMENT ISSUE

jasonevans
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My renewal date is 26th of the month. I bought and started a US roaming package on the 23rd. I returned to Canada on the 25th. I received no “heads up” text about renewal on the 25th as usual. I’m on auto payment. This morning (26th) my account said it was suspended. I had to manually top up. Upon refreshing my account info it still says it’s suspended but I have a receipt and credit card receipt that funds were charged. So what’s with auto payment? I understood that auto payment would pay for any add on purchases. What appears to have happened is when I bought the US ad on it took money from my monthly payment and left me short. What’s the deal? This doesn’t give a customer a good experience. 

9 REPLIES 9

@jasonevans 

My understanding that AutoPay is for your monthly payment. Add-ons, you need to pick your add-on plan then confirm and make the payment.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Add-ons are always paid manually. Autopay is only used for renewal if there is insufficient balance.

As for the suspension, as long as your services are working, it's normal to see that for some time overnight and maybe into the morning. As long as your services are working you can ignore it.

The new site is doing terrible caching. You can click on the little spinner refresh icons lower down or use private mode.

jasonevans

That’s another issue. I didn’t get the notice the day prior to renewal. I was roaming in the US and then returned later in the day. No message and then this morning (26th) suspension notice and as earlier stated, I had to manually top up. There are definitely algorithm issues. My concern is, had I stayed in the USA longer I could have lost my service. It’s like the “US Ad On” is a separate plan and has to be topped up manually so you don’t take away from the auto payment value 

jasonevans

Thanks. I guess the issue is around the auto pay. My balance in the account never reads the correct amount. The “funds available” is never accurate. Am I correct that if I wish to buy an add on I need to ”top up” even though I have auto pay? 

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Hi Guys, I am assuming it works fine because you haven't jumped on saying service is interrupted. I manually adds the funds a day or 2 prior to renewal so I can avoid this, although my last one I still had something similar which I had never experienced before, but needless to say my phone worked fine and plan went on as usual

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@jasonevans @Cainbanks2000 

It will clear after your renewal date.

If your phone doesn’t work then contact a CS_Agent.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

As long as you have service, no need to worry.

But sometimes autopay knows to fail so monitor your account. Due to recent PM upgrades you might see cached version of your account.

To see 'real' status: Try using different browser. Try Incognito mode. Clear browser’s cache. Try forced refresh.

Cainbanks2000
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have the same issues this am my account is suspended but my payment has been recieved.  I have funds in my account from my credit card, however even after manually renewing my account still stays suspended 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@jasonevans 

If your phone still works then it is a standard notice that everyone gets on the day before your renewal date.

Your account will show suspended/expired but the fine print indicates if you have AutoPay or sufficient funds to ignore notice.

Need Help? Let's chat.