cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

P.M. fails to send me sms code and messages to port out my number, so how to take my # out

mohamedkhedr
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

When there is bad service provided by public mobile and you can not find a person to speak to in Realtime. And you decide to port your number out of this company to another carrier. The port out attempts fails because public mobile does not provide real time support, and the SMS code messages either fail to arrive or arrive late and the attempt of porting out gets rejected.

How can you address this? Do you trap customer taking their money not allowing them to port out?

How can I take my number out of Public Mobile, while SMS messages to my number from you is unreliable, and I can not find a Realtime customer support to speak to ?

And my new carrier attempts to port the number based on my application gets rejected by you..!! 

30 REPLIES 30

Lucflagg
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Final stage, my new provider said they already request twice, and PM said they have sent a message to me but now response. But I didn't receive any confirm need meesage from PM. I will try port again few days after, but I think my new carrier will charge me many times. 

mohamedkhedr

They manage porting out as well..
I had to pay the rejection fees multiple times..And no refund for that..
Not Koodo or Telus..

mohamedkhedr

Port Team on ph#1844-232-7678 (Monday – Friday: 8am – 10pm ET) 

HI @mohamedkhedr   

I thought that porting team number is for porting into PM.  Or are you porting into Koodo or Telus?

mohamedkhedr

After struggle I got the porting team phone number and they override the SMS issue from their end.. But due to the multiple rejections from PM, myself and the new carrier had to pay surcharges for PM..

At least I am out of PM, to a service provider with a life call support..

Thanks for the community.. 

(So Telus porting team can assist both directions. ... Luddite)

@Lucflagg wrote:

I'm in the exactly same situation as yours...That's horrible.

HI @Lucflagg  which stage you are at?  Your requested porting with your new provider? did you get a text from PM?  

@mohamedkhedr wrote:

Already did make such reply from the first email.
No reaction to that email reply..

HI @mohamedkhedr 

You reply on the Community inbox and NOT really the email, right?  The email you got is a notification.  You need to reply here in the Community inbox  (Envelope on top right)

mohamedkhedr

Already did make such reply from the first email.
No reaction to that email reply..
And the charge of the reattempt end up being a rejection charge from PM not my new carrier..
The new carrier is getting penalized as well as me for the defect in this process...

I have developed my opinion based on observation through the problem..

Regarding your question "But do you want your number to get ported out? "

It is obvious that my goal and the subject of that post is to get my number ported out.
So, thank you for your suggestion, but it did not work out..

Lucflagg
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm in the exactly same situation as yours...That's horrible.

HI @mohamedkhedr Just reply the email and tell them you are porting out.  depends on what they say, after they checked your ticket, you might have to go back to your new provider and ask them to trigger the porting process again and then you can check your text

Have you been having problem with text?  did you ever block PM text?  If not, you should be able to get it.  Or move around your area if you think the text was missed because of poor network

ZuckMark
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

No call center available for PM

ZuckMark
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

First that all, PM due to the cheap service that you pay THEY DO NOT HAVE CALL CENTER! And you should know it. If you want to have the privilege of customer service over the phone, pay for a Premium service if you can afford one of course!

Reply back and say no I'm trying to port out. Please accept this as my authorization to port out my number. You have my credentials and proof of ownership of the account via this communication method. Please let the number go when you see the request from X provider.

We're trying to help you work with the system. You seem more interested in your opinions. Sure. Fine. But do you want your number to get ported out? Please try suggestions already mentioned and also answer direct questions.

mohamedkhedr

Public mobile porting out process is defected..
When they receive the port out request, they react as if it is a port in..
The PM email me the following..
I have a family member who ported out Roger to my new carrier never had those issues.. It is PM bad process..
At least new carriers you get support by talking to a person on the phone.. 

======

Hi mohamed,

We’re so happy to have you with Public Mobile. All that’s left for you
to do is transfer your number <***>***XXXX over.
There’s a 2-factor authentication process involved, so you’ll just need
to respond to an authentication SMS sent by your previous provider.

=========

The only other method of "contingency" is going the ticket route. Are you saying the old sim is in a phone and ready to receive a text? Are you saying that the confirmation text eventually arrives, just not before 90 minutes? Can you test sending a text to your old number and see where it goes, new sim or old sim?

While we can send and receive texts while connected to LTE, can you set the phone to 3G (WCDMA,UMTS,HSPA)?

I'd say charging for re-attempting is pretty cheap service = bad support. Do they want your business or what?

mohamedkhedr

@dust2dust 
The account is active, the sim is in the phone. The phone is on. SMS messages is a hit and miss and sometimes delayed.
So with the 90 mins window I need an alternative method with PM to acknowledge the number porting.

PM bad support and lack of contingency in my situation may cause me to lose my number.

The new carrier is charging me now a surcharge for re-attempt of porting as PM is rejecting releasing my number..
Cheap service = bad support.

Did you pick up on the one line from BKNS27 reminding you to leave the Public sim in a phone. The sms will go to that sim/phone. You haven't acknowledged whether you did that.

mohamedkhedr

Thanks @BKNS27 

Appreciate it..

I bit of frustration with PM on my end because if the porting is missed up losing the number is a huge headache  when your contact number has been distributed for years.

@mohamedkhedr 

I hope that the crazy storm back east didn’t knock out power for PM staff to get back to you.

Only option is to wait.

I am sure all cell providers back east are having the same issues.

mohamedkhedr

Good idea to remove the card.. But the new carrier after the rejection is asking me to pay surcharge for repeating a porting attempt with PM.
PM assume it did send me an SMS and I did not respond within 90 mins that is my guess for rejection. So I need PM to provide an alternative as I am paying now for those repeated attempts and I am not getting the SMS on time to react.   

mohamedkhedr

My PUblic Mobile service is active.. But PM fails in sending SMS in a reliable way.. so what is the contingency?

JL9
Mayor / Maire

You wouldn't be trapped and forced to pay, in fact you can remove autopay and your payment card from self serve, but I would recommend reinitiating the port request/text prior to your renewal date bc you do need the sim AND the account to be in good standing. It is quite rare for the text not to be sent unless there is a an issue such as account isnt active after all or wrong info was entered or typo on account # etc. 

@mohamedkhedr 

Yes I hear you…that is the reason for the lower service fees.

You can ask the CS_Agent why the porting was rejected since your account is Active.

mohamedkhedr

It is not closed, and active..
PM support and their response to tickets is poor. 
I guess it is a moment of regret .. cheap service = low or no support..

I do not want to cancel or deactivate account as I need my number, and my new carrier attempts to port the number get rejected by PM. 
PM fails to send me SMS code on time and I can not get a person to speak to through 611..

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@mohamedkhedr 

We are PM customers like you and trying to help you work your problem out.

PM staff hours are 6:00 am to 10:00 pm EST and will get back to you via private messaging.

If your PM account is suspended or closed then you can’t port out unless you are porting to Koodo or Telus then they can retrieve your old number.

@mohamedkhedr wrote:

What part of " SMS messages from your end does not arrive on time or some time missed.. "That is not clear or not observed in my post? 
What is your contingency if SMS confirmation with a customer is not the best solution to port out?

Think before your reply and do not just copy paste a general response of instructions that do not address fully the issue.

Please note that you're not speaking to Public Mobile by posting messages here.  BKNS27 is a customer and makes a good point that your PUblic Mobile sevice must be active to port out to another carrier.  Do you still have an active plan at Public Mobile?

mohamedkhedr

Note your company did not even read my tickets to support and when I say I am porting out they send me an email template with instructions tp PORT_IN and to welcome me as a new PM customer.. So I get mechanical response no attention to what I am requesting..

Man find me another alternative way other than SMS to acknowledge porting out. Your company fails to send me SMS messages in a reliable timely fashion..

Provide an alternative a contingency.. Is that clear?

The new carrier keep getting rejection of my request from you and now I am charged for additional attempts.
Log it into your DB that client acknowledge and allow porting out without SMS ... That is called contingency when SMS fails.. 

mohamedkhedr

What part of " SMS messages from your end does not arrive on time or some time missed.. "That is not clear or not observed in my post? 
What is your contingency if SMS confirmation with a customer is not the best solution to port out?

Think before your reply and do not just copy paste a general response of instructions that do not address fully the issue.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@mohamedkhedr 

To complete your porting to another carrier. Your account must be Active and payment is up to date.

You will need to keep the PM SIM in your phone and wait for the text.

If you didn’t receive the SMS text or didn’t reply to the text within the 90 minute window. You will need to have your new carrier restart the porting process.

Need Help? Let's chat.