cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overpayment

TanyaForrest
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Every time I sign up for autopay, an excessive amount of money, way over and above what should be taken, is withdrawn from my account.  For example, $170 was withdrawn in three different withdrawals.  In any other time when I pay monthly on my own, I only pay $50.  I never go over my usage , so why is that this excessive amount is illegally withdrawn from my account.  I will be contacting my bank for them to investigate this. 

12 REPLIES 12

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@TanyaForrest 

Although very rare it sounds as though you have s glitch reported by a few customers (making you the 5th) of autopay making errant randomish charges. You disabled autopay right away so whether the pattern of charges every 10 days would have appeared....we don't know but it sounds as though that is what has occurred.

The time frame is the same as the first customer to report this unusual glitch within the autopay system. This should never happen as autopay is not preauthorized to charge your card. It is only allowed to attempt one payment every 30 days for your plan amount minus any rewards and available funds.

I will find a couple of the threads that refer to this issue so you can identify for the CSA what is likely the problem and the tech department will be able to apply the fix to your account. Once that is resolved you can then ask for compensation from pm. At the very least I would ask for your autopay reward (12×$2=$24) you would have earned had the glitch not made you disable it out of an abundance of well placed caution. Perhaps a months credit as well or in lieu of the autopay credit?

The decision of what is acceptable compensation to resolve the matter is up to you but it starts with you contacting customer support to have them open a ticket with the tech team to investigate the issue.

Here is the latest one.....

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/No-One-Cares-At-PM/m-p/801637#M534618

And the post in that thread that I refer @J_PM  to the problem with additional links to the other customers with a similar problem....

mhttps://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/No-One-Cares-At-PM/m-p/801713/highlight/t...

To contact customer support :

Submit a support ticket via Simple--Simon the chat bot Click here 

Or if you prefer or cannot submit a support ticket you may send a private message : Click here 

To pre-verify add in your private messaging only your full name, address, email, phone # & 4 digit account pin #

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Once you get it sorted out and if you do decide to stay with PM, I would recommend manually adding the funds needed to cover the upcoming renewal a day or 2 before the renewal date, you typically won't run into this issue doing so whether autopay is on or off, and you can therefore keep it on to get the data bonus (and the $2 reward) since I am assuming you are on the old rewards plan

Meow
Mayor / Maire

@TanyaForrest wrote:

Every time I sign up for autopay, an excessive amount of money, way over and above what should be taken, is withdrawn from my account.  For example, $170 was withdrawn in three different withdrawals.  In any other time when I pay monthly on my own, I only pay $50.  I never go over my usage

PM has no charges for over usage. When you use all your data, service will just stop until next renewal.

If you could provide screenshot of your transactions it will be easier to understand what is going on. Mask your personal info.

Do NOT engage your bank to reverse charges!!!

Chargeback (reverse payment by the Bank) leads to immediate account suspensions, refusal to allow credit card payments and 12 months of self-serve log-in privileges suspended.

Give agent (and us) a chance to clarify and resolve your issue first.

So that's it then @TanyaForrest ?

No attempt to reach the customer support folks who may be able to assist with the plan and/or auto-pay issues?

We're just customers like you, and you took the time to contact us - try taking the time to contact them as outlined above in my first reply.

There may be an easy fix.   Won't know if you don't try.

@TanyaForrest wrote:

If that Is the case and I was charged $60 (and my plan is actually $50) why is my phone cut off for calling out because I have to pay for the month of May, by May 3rd?  

@TanyaForrest I have no idea why your phone service was cut off I was only pointing out that the service here is NOT monthly it is 30 days. @HALIMACS showed you how to contact customer service, have you tried that? Most issues are able to be fixed within a few hours.

@TanyaForrest wrote:

If that Is the case and I was charged $60 (and my plan is actually $50) why is my phone cut off for calling out because I have to pay for the month of May, by May 3rd?  

@TanyaForrest  You need to pay tax.  PM My Account does not show tax but when it charges credit card , it will add tax on top. So, for a $50 plan, PM will charge $50+tax on your credit card.  What exact amount you see ?

for the date of the charge/renewal.  PM is running on a exact 30 days cycle, NOT by month.   So, the renewal date will be different.  For example if you got charged May 3rd this time, your previous charges would be April 3 , March 4, Feb 2.  And your next couple renewal dates should be:

June 2nd

July 2nd

August 1st

August 31st

Yes, because of the 30 days cycle, you will see 2 charges on August

TanyaForrest

TanyaForrest

I didn’t reach anyone from customer service back when it happened in the past so I didn’t sign up again for auto pay until two months ago, and then in April this happened.  I will be changing cell phone service provider, as this is just ridiculous and to not be able to have any contact with customer service to resolve these issues is frustrating.  

@TanyaForrest wrote:

...... I’m supposed to pay the 1st of every month. 

@TanyaForrest Just a heads up, you are not billed or charged or have to pay on the first of each month. All plans here are 30 days so your renewal date or date you need to pay or be charged changes from month to month. If you were due April 1st then yes you would pay May 1st as there are 30 days in April. If you were due May 1 you would pay again May 31 then Jun 30th etc etc etc.

What does it state under your Plan Details, @TanyaForrest ?   Can you screenshot the Plan Details page for us? (masking any sensitive personal info)

I notice you had a similar issue over a year ago where you also stated something similar - what was the outcome back then?

TanyaForrest

They are no showing as pending. They are definitely withdrawn.  One $60 payment was just last week and yet my phone was just shut off for calling out because I’m supposed to pay the 1st of every month.  I cancelled autopay when I noticed that last $60 withdrawal. 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@TanyaForrest 

Are these charges showing as 'pending' or 'temporary' on your credit card?  Also, is the extra amount resting in the account as an Available Funds - see this under the self-serve site as well.

If they are not, definitely question them and let Public Mobile know so they can investigate as well.

To contact a Customer Support Agent, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type Customer Support Agent, then select Contact Us, then select Other (or the topic that more closely matches your request).  Click the result which states Click here to submit a ticket and follow the prompts,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the Customer Support Agent by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

Need Help? Let's chat.