cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overpaid but phone is not working

TanyaForrest56
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I overpaid by accident on December 21 and I still have $50 balance in my account.  On top of that, a payment of $51 was taken out on December 30th and yet my phone shows that I used 100% of my data.  What did I top it off for if it is showing that I used all my data.  Spending $150 in a week and still need to add more data is ridiculous.  

I NEED HELP immediately.

Tanya

6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

@TanyaForrest56 

for more information about Managing Your Data Usage visit  Here link to save your data...

and turn off background data, to save your data.

when your data limit used all, is will be off until next renewal cycle,

at public mobile 30 day Prepaid Service No fees extra charges,

if your plan is not enough Data your can Purchase Add-ons Data or Change Your Plan with a higher Data,

and click Here link  to you know how to Change Your Plan online,

you can choose at your next plan renewal date. To change your plan.

if you need to Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agentand Explain your issue to 
them can solve your issue, they are nice service Team the will help you 100%.

Here’s How To Contact Customer Support Agent by Submit a Ticket,

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, Click Here link,to get started. Type,, Ticket ,, Click ,, Contact Us ,, Select your issue ,,
    Click here to submit a ticket↗↗.

• or you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by Click Here link,
  • please include in your message,
  • phone number,
  • Email address,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
  • During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:
    • Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST
    • Note: Public Mobile No Support by phone call or Email.. only by CS_Agentprivate message..

Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck..

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

What does your account say about data usage. Do not look/trust what 'your phone says'.

Only status on your PM account is considered valid and true.

Send us screenshot of your account (mask personal data).

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@TanyaForrest56 

Assessing your data consumption is best left to the self-serve portal section titled My Data and Add-ons

See that section which looks like this - if there's a data line displaying, you still have remaining data:

HALIMACS_0-1641222285272.png

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@TanyaForrest56 wrote:

I overpaid by accident on December 21 and I still have $50 balance in my account.  On top of that, a payment of $51 was taken out on December 30th and yet my phone shows that I used 100% of my data.  What did I top it off for if it is showing that I used all my data.  Spending $150 in a week and still need to add more data is ridiculous.  

I NEED HELP immediately.

Tanya

@TanyaForrest56 

Overpaying or topping up extra on your account, just means those funds will be used first when your account renews.

Now, are you saying you got charged extra than what you topped up your account with?

Are you able to share your payment history (without any personal info. showing please)?

For the 100% data usage used...are you using a message from your device OR, are you looking at your Overview section of your Self Serve account? The Overview section is the most live, accurate area to go by for Data usage.

If you have a data limiter on your device that cuts you off for data usage, check your settings and adjust it or turn that off.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@TanyaForrest56 wrote:

I NEED HELP immediately.

Tanya

@TanyaForrest56   your incoming calls and outgoing call service still working?

Are you on Android?  Android has a settings to restrict monthly data usage and will stop letting you use the data if exceed.  Any chance you have set that but didn't fix the cycle start date (Android uses monthly cycle while PM uses 30 days cycle.  It will mess up the date and counter if you rely on it but don't change the cycle start date manually every month)

What is it showing on My Account for your next renewal date?  I was it Jan 29 ?

was the data encounter ever reset?  check My Account->Overview Tab and see if you see a line about Data, it should show something like 10GB + 500MB at 3G speed and it should show you how much you used

did you go to MY Account Usage Log and confirm the data usage?  Go to Plan And Add-Ons, Usage History:

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/Overview/plan-and-Add-ons/call-history/

Then select the start data from Dec 30 to today and check if  it shows any Web traffic.  Go through each page and confirm if you did use that much data since Dec 30

0PX9O4
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi Tanya,

This is a public forum and we are also PM customers  like you. If you are looking for help from a PM employee, please send a private message to @CS_Agent with your details, and they will respond to you directly within a few business hours.

I would suggest looking at the data tracker on your phone to see what apps may be using up your data. PM will not be able to help you track down the offending app that is using up more data than you would like.

Need Help? Let's chat.