cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overcharge

Jennybardwell
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My credit card has two posted charges for my phone plan I only have the one line open. On publics payment history it only shows one charge. 

7 REPLIES 7

@Jennybardwell yes, it is safer to work with PM for a refund of the overcharged than a chargeback from the bank. 

I suggest you to request to have a senior support to work with you on the situation when you got the proofs from the bank

I don't know if banks can do a chargeback on just one charge rather than canceling the whole thing and giving you a new card.

You would need all the transactional details that Public has on the one charge they think is valid. You know like all those details on any receipt you get when you buy something in the store with the card. Then maybe your bank can chargeback the OTHER one without affecting your entire card.

One side or other needs all the proof. Give Public the proof of the wrong transaction and maybe they can trace it to whoever might have used it in case it was a fraudulent use.

Are you sure you're not paying for a family members account?

If you do a whole chargeback then this place will make you have to use vouchers for a year. Not fun if you just want to let the card pay for it automatically.

Jennybardwell

I have two posted charges for 44.80 each when I should only have one. I don’t want to dispute it through my bank but publics customer service told me to talk to my card company. 
Edit: the banks going to send me the receipts so I can forward them to public so I don’t have to file a dispute. 

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Be very careful with that option. If your bank is saying that the charges are complete and not just pending then you should get back to the support people with that proof. Have the bank supply you with all the transaction details.

So now do you have 3 transactions?

If you do a chargeback then this place will get very grumpy and you will be inconvenienced for a year.

Jennybardwell

Update: I talked to public customer support and they told me the first payment didn’t go through properly so they tried again and that one went through. But both charges are on my card, I talked to my bank and both charges have gone through so now I have to file a dispute through my bank. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Jennybardwell   you sure one of them is not just a pending charge?

And is there any amount showing up as Available Fund?  If the amount is there, you can leave it there for use towards next renewal

If you want to confirm if PM overcharged you, please open ticket with PM Support

1. For faster response (2-48 hours), use this direct link: https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

**Start with typing "Forgot Login Information", click "Contact Us", click "Click here to submit a ticket".

2. Or Private message to the CS Agent: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened. CS Agent will reply you there

Need Help? Let's chat.