cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Over charged and account set to autopay without my permission

PeterS2
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have not used my account for at least 6 months. My account switched to auto pay automatically sometime in May/June 2022. I was then charged for June and then July. 1st question is why was my account not auto suspended after 90 days of no payments? My account was set to auto pay without my permission. I would like a refund of my charges while my account was set to auto pay.

4 REPLIES 4

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@PeterS2 

Did you have a credit on your account? So it was renewing using the available funds until June when it ran out so it triggered autopay to pay for the last 2 renewals? Unless you removed the registered card or suspended via lost/stolen the card had to be registered for Auto pay. It doesn't kick in once suspended. If you can log into your account check your transaction history.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@PeterS2 

If you have not kept up with payment over 90 days (3 months) then your account will be closed unless you added your CC on AutoPay. 
But since you can still get into your account then you may have left it in AutoPay because staff can’t switch you on AutoPay.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

So you wanted it to fully deactivate? Not sure how an account would be flipped to autopay. Or you ported your number out and it kept charging you? That's been known to happen. You'll need to contact the support people to have the money refunded. It takes a while.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@PeterS2 honest,  next heard of Autopay being enabled by itself, but open a ticket with PM and try to get it sorted out 

1. If you have access to My account: At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you don't have access to My Account or have trouble with Chatbot: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply you there

Need Help? Let's chat.