cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outgoing texts not being received

BarnacleSue
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there! It seems that my outgoing texts are not being received. I am not getting bounce back messages. Any thoughts?

16 REPLIES 16

@softech wrote:

@BarnacleSue   unless you confirmed that your are not receiving incoming calls and text, if it is just outgoing text, you can safely ignore the question,  which came out multiple times,  about porting.

as @computergeek541 explained "An incomplete number port would have no effect on other people not receiving the customer's outgoing text messages"

There could be a porting issue, but at the time the questions were originally asked about number porting, there was no indication of porting trouble as outgoing text messaging not working properly is not a sympom..  Even if there is a a porting issue, solving that still won't fix an issue of outgoing text messages not being delivered to the other party.  Outgoing text messages work before porting gets completed.

@BarnacleSue 

if not a port issue, forget it, and sorry for the inconvenience,

your device is Android,

• turn off device take out SIM card and inserted back and turn on,
  • Airplane Mode on/off
  • go to your text app clear cache/clear data,
  • updated version of Messages app,
  • if outgoing texts messages from specific contacts

Delete the contact and Verify that their phone number is correct,
add it again.
Check if you blocked them.

• Check if you need to specify a country code (e.g) add  +1 or  in front of area code

• if sending MMS messages

Ensure that you have a data mobile connection is on,

• check your software ios update date,

and rebooting device. i hope is helpful.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@BarnacleSue   unless you confirmed that your are not receiving incoming calls and text, if it is just outgoing text, you can safely ignore the question,  which came out multiple times,  about porting.

as @computergeek541 explained "An incomplete number port would have no effect on other people not receiving the customer's outgoing text messages"

@BarnacleSue 

Can you provide more details for us to We can help you, and we all in here customer like you.

when you did port in and you check it out your old provider is still active and working.

BarnacleSue

they did not

JamesH

Hi ! 
I had the same issue than you, to make sure my message were sent, I had to activate the LTE which is anoying.  So I desactivated the RCS 

1. Open the Messages app.
  2. Select the three-dot menu.
  3. Go to Settings.
  4. Tap Chat features.
  5. Set Enable chat features to off. ...
  6. In the pop-up window, press Turn off.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@BarnacleSue 

One of my long lost mollusk cousins I see.....texts sent but seemingly not recieved. Have your chat bubbles turned from light blue to dark blue? Then as mentioned you have accidently turned on RCS or chat features. I've done that a few times myself...if not try toggling airplane mode on/off maybe you have a poor connection to the network. Android device?

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@BarnacleSue  - are you incoming and outgoing calls working? How about data?

Are you able to receive incoming SMS and MMS texts without any issue?

If outgoing texts are just the issue are these group messages? Ensure you have group messages enabled in the settings of your device.

Also, try:

• clearing the cache from your text app.
  • make sure your SIM card is inserted properly. Remove and reinsert.

Both iMessage and Chat Features require a wifi connections or data to send/receive texts.

• if iMessage and you are out of data for your current cycle be sure to have SMS and MMS enabled in the settings of your device.
  • if you are using android and you use Chat Features, then I suggest you turn that off, as it requires wifi or data to send/receive texts.

Disable your Chat Features: 

1. Open Messages
  2. Tap More options > Settings > Chat features
  3. Turn Enable chat features off

On another (related or not note..), when did you port over your previous provider's number over to Public Mobile?

And was it a another cell provider, or a landline/voip number?

@BarnacleSue 

just to confirm when you port in here.

and your old sim card is still active.

BarnacleSue

No I hadn't gotten an SMS

@Timer wrote:

@BarnacleSue 

when you transferred your old number,, do you get SMS from old company ask you about transfer approval and you reply yes.

An incomplete number port would have no effect on other people not receiving the customer's outgoing text messages.

@BarnacleSue 

when you transferred your old number,, do you get SMS from old company ask you about transfer approval and you reply yes.

@BarnacleSue wrote:

Hi there! It seems that my outgoing texts are not being received. I am not getting bounce back messages. Any thoughts?

Do you know if it's only certain people who aren't receiving your text messages or is it everyone?  If it's only people at a certain carrier, to could be an issue with the intercarrier intermediary who handles the transmission of SMS from one carrier to another.

BarnacleSue

I transferred my old number 

@Timer wrote:

@BarnacleSue 

are you activated new line with new number or you did port old number in here.

That wouldn't make any difference as a failed or incomplete number port would only affect incoming text messages.

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@BarnacleSue 

are you activated new line with new number or you did port old number in here.

Need Help? Let's chat.