cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outgoing calls go to voicemail for certain numbers.

Brookzhang
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I've seen posts recently. There seems to be a lot of going to voicemail trouble shooting. My problem is I can't call certain numbers. They go straight to their voicemails but other numbers are ok. Everyone can still call me. I've tried everything. They are my family numbers. I've even delete their numbers and put them under different names, but seems that it's the numbers not the names got block somehow for outgoing calls? It's really frustrating. Please help me.

4 REPLIES 4

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Brookzhang - the posts you probably noticing recently are incoming calls issues.

But, you are having the opposite issue...outgoing calls.

Sounds to me it is not your issue, but the receiver's issue.

Not sure if this would help, but worth a shot; try manually select the 3G / WCDMA ONLY network in your Mobile Connections area in your settings (temporarily) to make incoming/outgoing calls.

Does changing to this setting improve things?

JL9
Mayor / Maire

This scenario is different then the theme that has been going on lately...you can try the reprovisioning hack to see if it works like it seems to do for the people whose incoming calls go straight to their vm

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Brookzhang 

Unfortunately, the Telus outage affected some PM members and other members seems to work fine.

It affected my phone and here is how you can try to fix the problem:

If you have another phone, power off the phone, remove the SIM tray and remove the SIM, power off the 2nd phone and remove the SIM & tray, swap the SIMs, wait 2 minutes, slide the SIM tray back in the phone and power on.

This will refresh the SIM. Then reverse the process and return the SIM back to the original phone.

Let us know if that works.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Brookzhang "certain numbers"  how many we are talking about?  Just one or two or more?

It could be the problem on the receiving ends.  Are they Public Mobile or other providers?  If they are all PM users, or even Koodo and Telus, they might have to do something to fix the issue, we have quiet a lot of issues with incoming calls in the last couple days (they might need to put their PM SIM on another phone briefly to force a re-provisioning of their SIM/account or they need to contact PM Support)

However, if they are from different providers, see if you can confirm they are from the same provider or different one.  If could be an issue on the receiving ends and not yours

Need Help? Let's chat.