cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Out of data after 2 days and weird phone number showing up on my usage

reid_anderson
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

So My next billing date is June 14th... so I assume my data renews on the 14th of each month - which was 2 days ago and it's saying that I'm already out of data? How is this possible - I have basically not used any data at all. I have all of my apps turned off for data usage so I can't understand how this is possible.

I also see a saskatchewan number in my call history, which I never made, and when I dial it, it goes to someone's voicemail...?

Where do I find out for sure what day my data renews?

How do I see a full accounting of what data was used and when?

3 REPLIES 3

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

@reid_anderson wrote:

I also see a saskatchewan number in my call history, which I never made, and when I dial it, it goes to someone's voicemail...?

When someone calls your number, and your phone is off or you don't answer and it is forwarded to voicemail, it will appear in the usage log as a call to one of the deposit numbers listed on the following page, but since you mention a saskatchewan number its probably 306-580-4001

Updated list of Voicemail Access Numbers - Community (publicmobile.ca)

Next, with Public Mobile, data does not renew on the same day every month. Cycles are always exactly 30 days, which means whenever there is a month with 31 days, the day of the month of the next renewal will be one earlier, and whenever a month has 28 or 29 days, it will advance 1 or 2 days. It will generally move 5 days or so back over the course of each year.

When you login to your self-serve portal, it will show on the first overview page, it will show the next "Payment due before" date - which is the date your next cycle starts. Click "View payment history" to see the exact date your current cycle started.

JL9
Mayor / Maire

What plan do you have?

Also it's a 30 day plan so it will not always be on the 14th. For instance the 15 plan the data can be used pretty quickly. Are you using iMessage, etc an dmaybe drawing data there.

What does your self serve account say is the data line gone, or are you assuming you are almost out of data bc of the 75% warning text. There is a lot to unpack and some more details will go a long way I figuring it out

This # you don't recognize. Is it possible it's your vm # ending in 4001 or something

AE_Collector
Mayor / Maire

What is the “it” in your statement that “it’s saying I am out of data”? Your phone or a text from Public Mobile or you checking your account online? One possibility is that your phone isn’t synched to the billing date as PM isn’t monthly plans but 30 day plans. Thus eventually they will get a fair bit off your actual renewal date.

Does the unknown phone number end in 4001? If so it’s the voice mail retrieval number.

Need Help? Let's chat.