cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Out of country and just checked and found my account suspended-heading back in a few days need it

4star60
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I do not believe I had changed anything and am/was on autopay and yet it tells me I am suspended.  I changed credit card just in case and tried to process a payment and nothing seems to have changed.

13 REPLIES 13

4star60

I am a retired systems analyst who did ok and retired at 52.  My projects were better than these systems but maybe I had a better budget.

4star60

Already figured out the saving but when it comes down to $20 or a few hours of dealing with ... Then $20 looks good. I do not need the frustration just before an RV storage and 1500 mile drive, but thanks! 🙂

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@4star60 

When it comes to making changes in your self serve account ( payments, purchases, plan changes) it's always best to follow this procedure to avoid error messages and weird stuff from occurring:

1. Clear your browser.
  2. Reboot your device.
  3. Open one tab only.
  4. Use secret/incognito mode. 
  5.  Chrome, Firefox, Safari or MS Edge work best.

We always caution customers about the 90 days of suspension because we don't anyone to lose their account and phone number if they don't understand this prepaid plan policy.

Public mobile occasionally sends out an email regarding suspension but they always send a SMS text from 611 however if you are out of Canada or the US you cannot recieve it.

Autopay can fail for a myriad of reasons some more common than others but in your case since you were unable to use your plan services anyways the autopay failure actually benefited you by saving you one month's plan cost.

And whether or not Violette made a difference in your payment processing she is awesome!

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

4star60

Well last night would not process a payment.  This morning I tried again and after hitting "enter" this appeared...."

Oh no!
It looks like something went wrong, but don’t panic.

Log out and then log back in again to continue. Or return to the Login Page....."

But then I log in and it shows a payment processed and a balance now remaining with payment due February.  Error out but then process the payment.  Lovely system we have here!

Maybe worked because Violette got involved

Thanks everyone for the assist.

As far as lots of time(90 days)...not when you want to use a number.

As far as suspending...no email, no message!!!!

As far as not processing the payment...see nothing wrong with the original card on file.

Its been good until now.  If there are future problems I will rethink but OK at the moment, sort of.  😉

@4star60 wrote:

We'll see. Not really my renewal date.  I called the number and got voice mail so maybe not suspended.

If it works out OK then that is just dumb!(retired systems analyst who would never live with that).

Doubt it is due to day though.

quote:

• you are currently registered for dynamic Autopay
  • Next Payment Taken: Dec 24, 2021
  • AutoPay Amount: This is your plan cost minus Rewards. Any Available funds will be applied first.
  •  

@4star60  - That blurp would be taken from the bottom of your Self Serve page.

If that is when the last payment was supposed to be taken (Dec 24, 2021), then you have been suspended for 30 + 3 days.

What does it say at the top?

You can be in nonpay/suspended status for up to 90 days without losing your phone number or Public Mobile accounts, so you have time here.

Since you are back in a few days, try making a manual payment so that your online account changes to Active.

1. Add Funds to your Plan Amount through SELF SERVE (or by calling # 1-855-478-2542 or # 1-855-4PUBLIC if you have a card registered)
  2. Go to “Plan and Add-Ons” TAB
  3. Select "Lost/Stolen Phone" TAB
  4. Select "Suspend Service" BUTTON
  5. Then, Select Resume/Reactivate Service

Does the account now say Active?

If this was an Autopay failure, I would let the Customer Support Agents (CSA) know.

Methods to contact the Customer Support Agents (CSA): https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@4star60 

To make a credit card payment over the phone you must know the 4 digit account pin #. If you are successful your plan will automatically reactivate (unless you are suspended via lost/stolen). The IVR (611 or 1 855 4PUBLIC) will only allow you to attempt to make a payment twice before not processing the payment. You must wait an hour before trying again.

As long as you have not been suspended for 89/90 days your payment can wait but if you are close to 89 days then you must make a payment before day 90 or your account will be cancelled and deactivated and your phone number lost.

Screenshot_20210725-124020~2.png

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

4star60

Called the number.  My account is suspended and it says process a payment.  Could not seem to do that online and not about to do it at 2AM over the phone.

Besides I already tried twice and I don't need an accidental extra 100 on the account.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@BKNS27 

Lol...I need a real job!

@darlicious 

Surprised you are up Darlicious. Just about to call it a night.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@4star60 

Sometimes dates in your account can not refresh but your account shouldn't tell you your next renewal was Christmas Eve 2021 unless you are suspended. Can you call 1 855 4PUBLIC and enter your 10 digit phone number and find out your account status and renewal date etc...

@4star60 

Remember that PM is on a 30 days cycle so your next payment is in January 23.

If your phone is working today then your AutoPay worked and nothing to worry about.

4star60

We'll see. Not really my renewal date.  I called the number and got voice mail so maybe not suspended.

If it works out OK then that is just dumb!(retired systems analyst who would never live with that).

Doubt it is due to day though.

quote:

• you are currently registered for dynamic Autopay
  • Next Payment Taken: Dec 24, 2021
  • AutoPay Amount: This is your plan cost minus Rewards. Any Available funds will be applied first.
  •  

@4star60 wrote:

I do not believe I had changed anything and am/was on autopay and yet it tells me I am suspended.  I changed credit card just in case and tried to process a payment and nothing seems to have changed.

Is it your renewal day?  The My Account page will always erroneously tell someone that the account is suspended on the renewal date.  I would normally say to check if your service is working, but I know that you can't do that since you're out of the country.  As you have autopay enabled, things should end up being fine.

Need Help? Let's chat.