cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ontario-only talk add on?

Jasok
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Is there any talk add on for Ontario only? I need less than 200 minutes and don't need it work in the rest of Canada or in the US. 

7 REPLIES 7

ottawa
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

FYI, data add-ons ($10/200MB or $30/1GB) work the same way, never expiring and only used if you're over your monthly allotment. I have a relative who got a talk-only plan when PM moved to the Telus network (May 2014) and bought a 1GB Booster (as they were called) at the same time. She almost never uses data, was happy with WiFi and didn't need her phone to do navigation (GPS). The biggest pain was her old handset sometimes required power cycling to turn data on when she wanted it.

She still has ~300MB of the 1GB now (>4yr later) and having moved to a 500MB/mo plan, will probably make that $30 last for all eternity. 🙂 Ironically having that 500MB plan has caused more use of the add-on, since there's no warning when your 500MB is used up. It would be nice if PM had a "Shock-Free Data" arrangement like big sibling Koodo, where you could tell it to kick in the afterburner (add-on) or just stop working. But it's a small wish on a system that otherwise works very well.

=aw

dna2016
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Jasok, PM does not offer provincial only talk add-ons.  Pretty much what you see in the add-ons section on the main page is what they offer.  The only province-wide option is your standard/base plan.  You said you need less than 200 minutes, so just get the $8 Add-on which gives you 200 minutes, and whatever you don't use just carries over to the next month.  Good thing is they don't expire until you use it up, so if you only use 100 minutes then the remaining 100 will just sit there until you use it up.  

@Jasok

That is correct.  Your plan minutes will be used first, then the add on plan minutes.  

Jasok
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

"The add-on minutes does not expire." wow, that is great to know. thank you. I'm now more interested in the 400 mins intl add on.

I guess they'll first count the minutes included in my plan and then if I make more calls they'll automatically start using add on minutes right?

@will13am I know the US 10-day addons are different, but this is the first time I'm hearing you can only call from Canada with the 200 min add-on. (i thought that since it says "US and Canada long distance", you can call from US as well.) thanks for this info.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Jasok, you have to be careful with the add-on purchasing.  If you want to call from Canada, the add-on is different than the ones for calling from the US.  It is always about where the call is being originated.  For the calling while in Canada, the add-on minutes are non expiring and come in 200 and 400 minute packages.  For calling while in the US, the add-on expire after 10 days. 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Jasok

There is no provincial only minutes add-on.  But the Canada wide and US minutes add-on is cheap - Only 4 cents/minutes ($8 for 200 minutes).  This rate is cheaper than Speakout 30 cents/minute.  This the reason why I am getting my friends to switch to PM $10 50/50 plan with 200 minutes add-on.

The add-on minutes does not expire.  It will roll over to next 30 days until the minutes are used.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Jasok

You must have a plan with talk before you can add on further talk minutes.  For example, if you have only data plan, you cannot add on talk minutes.  

There is no province only add on minutes.  Just Canada and United States as stated on the Public mobile website.  

Need Help? Let's chat.