cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Online Top-Up Payments : Muskbird.com

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

Muskbird.com.....paying and reactivating your account online.

I have never used an online top-up payment service before but found myself in a situation yesterday where I needed to reactivate an account. Without access to the email or the Sim card and only wanting to put the minimum payment necessary to reactivate the account I had to change plans to the $15 plan and add $5 to reactivate. While 2FA verification was disabled for account login it's automatically enabled for nearly every account management tool or greyed out when the account is suspended. That includes managing the payment card on file so I could not replace the $0 credit gift card on file in order to make a payment.

The simplest solution seemed to be to contact customer support since I had a few accounts that recieved the expired promo message so I thought I could "kill a few birds" at once..... except 4 messages on my account and 2 more another and 6 hours have passed with no reply from customer support and fast approaching the close of business day at 10 pm eastern. After another customer recieved a quick response after 7pm my hopes were lifted expecting an imminent reply.....? It never came in fact it still hasn't...nearly 24 hours later?🤨

With an hour left before midnight eastern and desperation building I phoned a friend not far from a Mobil station and asked if they could purchase 2×$5 RTP (real time payments)? Yes 😀 they could do so.....except I guess it's YMMV if they sell instant top-ups? Only pm vouchers my friend bought a $10 voucher and I reactivated the account with a Sim card and quickly replied YES2. Recieved the expired promo message. 😔

I had earlier started creating an account with muskbird.com to see if they actually instant top ups but ran into an error creating my account with the username being already used. Conveniently I noticed an email notification from them to verify my account. Once done I finished my profile and added a credit card to complete the payment method section:

Visa, Mastercard, Amex, Interac, Paypal and they even accept Discover !!

More than anything I wanted to see the fees and discovered it's still a 12 digit voucher pin # but delivered to your email nearly instantly......

Recharge.com charges up to 25% and ding.com appears to charge a 15% surcharge fee. So I was pleasantly surprised that muskbird.com charges a reasonable 7.5% surcharge that rounded up to $0.38 on a $5 public mobile top up! 😃

To purchase from muskbird.com go to their website and choose mobile top ups and enter the country and phone number**. Choose your provider (public mobile) and the top up amount. Scroll down to cash out. You will then be asked to sign in or create an account. You require:

• Username
  • Email
  • Your phone number (not the one you are topping up if its different.)

You will be asked to verify your account via your email:

Screenshot_20230101_110244_Photos.jpg

Then follow thru with finishing your account creation and place your order.

Screenshot_20230101_110344_Photos.jpgScreenshot_20230101_110413_Photos.jpg

The first time you order it will likely get reviewed but don't panic as this took about 3 minutes.

Screenshot_20230101_110444_Photos~2.jpgScreenshot_20230101_110538_Photos.jpg

12 digit PIN # is entered via 611 or thru your self serve account.

I was logged into the account with the change plan now already set up. I called 1 855 4PUBLIC and entered the 10 digit phone # and entered the 12 digit pin #. It was accepted. I hung up and submitted the payment. I refreshed the page and the account was active at 11:59:59pm December 31st 2022. Eligible for the "more is merrier" holiday gifts.

**The mobile phone number entered to recieve payment only needs to be a pm phone number as I had made an error using the wrong pm phone number but it didn't matter as the 12 digit PIN # can be added to any pm account.

The voucher catalogue can be viewed here....

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Voucher-Catalogue/td-p/479165#M343905

More info on making payments with vouchers can be found here along with links to customer support....

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Can-t-Make-a-Payment-or-Update-Your-Card-...

16 REPLIES 16

DeelightfulDee2
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

👍👍

Very useful. Thank u

metalhead
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks for this. Good I to to know.

@Patchio wrote:

@treefrog

I also thought darlicious disappeared a while back, but I eventually figured out they are still active on the Community, just under a different alias (i.e, maximum_gato) due to technical issues they are experiencing with their Community account. 

In fact, I think you’ve interacted with them a few times in another thread.

@Patchio  there are no technical issues with that account if that is what you were told.  That account was banned for continually breaking the community ToS

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Patchio
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@treefrog

I also thought darlicious disappeared a while back, but I eventually figured out they are still active on the Community, just under a different alias (i.e, maximum_gato) due to technical issues they are experiencing with their Community account. 

In fact, I think you’ve interacted with them a few times in another thread.

treefrog
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@darlicious 

Another great post! But where are you? No posts for ages?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@dust2dust 

I will have to go there myself and see what their set up is and question the clerk. Strangely you would think they would be encouraged to sell RTP given the $1 fee. In my case muskbird actually saves money for small top up amounts allowing for a $5 top up for only $0.38.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

@darlicious wrote:

With an hour left before midnight eastern and desperation building I phoned a friend not far from a Mobil station and asked if they could purchase 2×$5 RTP (real time payments)? Yes 😀 they could do so.....except I guess it's YMMV if they sell instant top-ups? Only pm vouchers my friend bought a $10 voucher and I reactivated the account with a Sim card and quickly replied YES2. Recieved the expired promo message. 😔

Thanks for writing all this up @darlicious . Yes I found recently that muskbird is just vouchers after you kept saying they do instant top ups.

I have experienced the Mobil voucher problem where the clerk didn't really understand the RTP method and started in to selling me a voucher. I heard him say some keywords and catched on to the fact that he was selling me a voucher. No. It's the option where I tell them the phone number and the amount and it goes in to the account automatically. Not the method to have to enter a voucher code. This has to be spelled out for them.

It remains the only way to pay when the self-serve and 611 and the chatbot is down...which happens far too often these days as to be ridiculous.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@jivetalker 

Thank you !!! Hopefully they get in touch!

jivetalker
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I reported you @darlicious . I hope that helps you out?!!

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@HALIMACS 

Oh I'm on the ignore right now as I just got confirmation from my friend that they cannot see any of my messages. If I have to use simon I'm going to be in a really lousy mood. My stupid private messages glitch is back!! Please someone report this post so they get a message from me and contact me via private message.

Now c'mon, @darlicious , why would anyone in their right mind ignore the one and only darlicious

🤗

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@darlicious   Very useful info regarding online vouchers, especially how much fee is charged by each.  I didn't realize recharge.com was so high!  I guess I'll recommend muskbird.com over recharge.com going forward for emergency top ups.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@softech 

Well I had to half solve my issues myself since I am back on the customer support ignore?!!

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@darlicious you start the year with a GREAT USEFUL post!!

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@hTideGnow 

This about as close as it gets. They promise instant voucher pin #'s. I don't really need another voucher pin # from them but I imagine now that I am verified it's an instant code in my email. Accepted in the account and for small top up amounts it's convenient and cheaper than an instant top up but it does not help a customer trying to reactivate on day 89/90 when. Ith 611 and self serve is down for maintenance?!!

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

thanks @darlicious   for giving us another choice for voucher online

So,  for instant topup, we have no choice but Canadian Tire Gas, Esso, Gateway Newstands (Yes, MacEwen, but how many locations it has??).  Would be nice there is an online solution

Need Help? Let's chat.