cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OnePlus Nord N10 5G Compatibility with PM - APN Issue with Telus/PM

cellphonesaver
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi Community!

Almost ordered OnePlus Nord N10 5G and then found that you can not use mobile data with this phone on Telus because of the glitch

https://mobilesyrup.com/2021/01/19/hold-off-buying-oneplus-nord-telus-issue/

Is anyone bought this phone and using for PM?

Do we have the same APN settings as Telus?

Thanks a lot!

PS Need to buy phone urgently, please respond if you see this!

39 REPLIES 39

cellphonesaver

Yes, I did I bought another phone🤣🤣🤣

The solution is workarounds which are available in the OnePlus forum through the link in the solution.

Also no one from PM  community confirmed the issue or using this phone 

It seems only Telus issue .

So I think we can close it

Anonymous
Not applicable

@cellphonesaver : Not sure how this solves the problem. It just punts it down the road. Did you try some of the suggestions in this thread? There might be one or two other suggestions too but we need to know what all you've tried.

cellphonesaver

After a couple of emails I finally got some decent response from OnePlus on the original issue and I think we can mark it as accepted solution:

"Thank you for writing back to us and for providing us with the details.

Firstly, accept our profuse apologies for the delay caused in addressing your issue as we are currently operational with limited capacity due to the ongoing pandemic lock down and due to high volume of queries.

Further, we went back and forth on this matter with our R&D team, yet no clarity has been provided on whether this would be resolved through an update from our end. This is a reported issue by some of the users of Telus network alone and might be due to a support issue by the network provider than a hardware issue of the device. 

The issue is reported by some of users and they have also shared few tips on resolving the matter through their research and communication with Telus. Kindly click on the below link from our Community Forum and read through. We earnestly believe that one of the many tips given in the link would help you resolve the issue. In case of persistence, please share your feedback on the same thread and our team, who are currently collating the data of such issues, would take this up on priority and resolve the matter probably through an update. 

https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/apn-problem-n10-5g.1378556/

You may write back to us with the outcome of trying the troubleshooting steps and also your requests, if any, and we would look into other alternatives to have this resolved. 

For any further assistance or support, we are always at your disposal"

@cellphonesaver wrote:
  • No bloatware. I was even able to delete unnecessary Google apps like Duo etc. The experience is extremely close to stock Android. Did not notice the difference after Pixel. IAlso no ads like in some Xiaomi phones and there is option to disable it 
  • Realme UI is very clean and things are easy to find in the settings menu. You can use drawer(apps hidden) or all apps shows up on the screen like in iOS
  •  I was surprised about the value you getting for $379 CAD(plus tax) - clear case, glass screen protector and also unexpectedly 128GB external memory card!
  • The screen is nice too, I thought the phone will be huge as it's 6.6 inches screen but I got used to it pretty quickly. Best part is Eye Care mode and no eye strain like on Pixel because of PWM!!!
  • Camera is pretty good, I expected worse. Portrait mode makes good boku effect and I find them more natural compared to Pixel
  • Best thing no problems wiht APN like in Nord 5G. Put the simcard and it worked!
  • Slot for the second sim is not locked and it is not combined - so you can put two SIMs + SD card
  • Very nice to have fast charge. While making breakfast today (15-20 minute) the phone charged from 30% to 70%. Very convenient! The battery holds almost 2 days

Overall very happy for the purchase, value, price, "full package" included in the box! Will see how it goes in the future. Design with Flash in the back very cool too!

PS Not related to the phone. I'm experience constant HTML error issue while posting through Google Chrome desktop only on this forum. Very annoying. Posting this from IE. Do you have the same issue?

Thanks for the review.  I generally have no issues other than SSL certificate issues once in a while.  This problem has not occurred in a long while.  I would never use a deprecated browser.  

@cellphonesaver , very detailed report.. you are very eager to test your phone.. LoL

Yes, OnePlus is supposed to be better than Mi phone, but it's still a Chinese phone company, so, not sure when it will start giving you some "freebies" --  backdoor app.

for the HTML issue... I have it when I copy and paste something in the reply.. but i just need to click Post a 2nd time and it all good

cellphonesaver

@softech wrote:

@cellphonesaver  an slightly early birthday gift i guess 

waiting for you to give us a details phone review   😂

Yes! Gift for myself lol

cellphonesaver
  • No bloatware. I was even able to delete unnecessary Google apps like Duo etc. The experience is extremely close to stock Android. Did not notice the difference after Pixel. IAlso no ads like in some Xiaomi phones and there is option to disable it 
  • Realme UI is very clean and things are easy to find in the settings menu. You can use drawer(apps hidden) or all apps shows up on the screen like in iOS
  •  I was surprised about the value you getting for $379 CAD(plus tax) - clear case, glass screen protector and also unexpectedly 128GB external memory card!
  • The screen is nice too, I thought the phone will be huge as it's 6.6 inches screen but I got used to it pretty quickly. Best part is Eye Care mode and no eye strain like on Pixel because of PWM!!!
  • Camera is pretty good, I expected worse. Portrait mode makes good boku effect and I find them more natural compared to Pixel
  • Best thing no problems wiht APN like in Nord 5G. Put the simcard and it worked!
  • Slot for the second sim is not locked and it is not combined - so you can put two SIMs + SD card
  • Very nice to have fast charge. While making breakfast today (15-20 minute) the phone charged from 30% to 70%. Very convenient! The battery holds almost 2 days

Overall very happy for the purchase, value, price, "full package" included in the box! Will see how it goes in the future. Design with Flash in the back very cool too!

PS Not related to the phone. I'm experience constant HTML error issue while posting through Google Chrome desktop only on this forum. Very annoying. Posting this from IE. Do you have the same issue?

@cellphonesaver  an slightly early birthday gift i guess 

waiting for you to give us a details phone review   😂

@will13am  , Yes, I am using Lineage on my old phones too.  Glad they are there so my old phones, which no longer getting update, can still be useful  with latest (almost latest) OS  🙂

cellphonesaver

@srlawren I have received it 2 days ago though expected delivery was April 7th(my birthday) so I'm happy about 3 business day delivery across the border!

@will13am wrote:

@softech wrote:

@will13am  what's your favourit 3rd party ROM? (the most reliable.. security wise..:) ) 

Lineage.  My favorite is really slim but they have not been active for a long time.  

Does Cyanogenmod (sorry - Lineage) still require users to flash GApps seperately?  I never could understand that licensing requirement.

@softech wrote:

@will13am  what's your favourit 3rd party ROM? (the most reliable.. security wise..:) ) 

Lineage.  My favorite is really slim but they have not been active for a long time.  

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@cellphonesaver do you have an expected delivery date yet?  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@cellphonesaver wrote:

Thanks! Will keep you guys posted once received. The seller luckily put the model number there (which is not always the case )and listed the bands:

3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100

The model is RMX2063 so it should be global version with NFC

Keep us updated on how you like the phone.  I have not purchased a Realme phone yet.  I would be interested in knowing what the software support is like.  Also, how bloated is the UI?  With the foreign brands I am always a bit leery about backdoor stuff.  Generally, I have run third party roms to ensure ongoing stable support.  

cellphonesaver

Thanks! Will keep you guys posted once received. The seller luckily put the model number there (which is not always the case )and listed the bands:

3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100

The model is RMX2063 so it should be global version with NFC

srlawren

@cellphonesaver congrats! Looking at gsmarena https://www.gsmarena.com/realme_6_pro-10114.php, I see that the version for India does not have 1900MHZ HSDPA (3G) and only has 850MHz, while the Global version has both.  Fingers crossed you actually receive the global version.  From the spec list, I'm going to say it's a very good value for the $, and you're probably going to be quite happy.  Please keep us posted once you've received.  Cheers!

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

cellphonesaver

@srlawren @computergeek541 @will13am Thanks a lot for all your comments! I had a couple of drinks yesterday and "pressed the button" for Realme 6 PRO LOL. I'm tired of the research and OnePlus couldn't address the issue with APN(support is useless as usual with their canned responses, which do not make any sense). I don't want to take the risk as I just returned Pixel.

Overall Nord series seems a downgrade from competition, except original Nord which is out of my budget.

Nokia 5.3 is nice but not enough reviews and much lower specs compared to RealMe 6 Pro.

Also it was nice to get honest and straightforward response from the seller about warranty, so kudos to them and I ordered from them:

"Hi,

This device is an international model. It was not designed for Canada but is fully compatible with GSM carriers all over the world. The positive of buying international models is that they are usually are a lot cheaper than their native counterparts, but the negative is that they do not have a manufacturer warranty. We encourage you to first check with your carrier to make sure the device is compatible. Remember you still have a 30 Day return policy to return devices if they are any issues. You can always purchase 3rd party insurance for the device from your carrier or others (Google search Protection Plans Canada Asurion)."

Again thanks a lot for your help, I paid $379 CAD + Import fees = Total: CDN$ 436.

It has following specs and again nice of seller list of LTE bands(some sellers don't and you end up buying phone with less LTE coverage):

Realme 6 Pro (128GB, 6GB) 6.6" 90Hz Display, 30W Fast Charge, Snapdragon 720G, GSM Unlocked Global 4G LTE (T-Mobile, AT&T, Metro) International Model RMX2063 (128GB SD Bundle, Lightning Blue)

4G bands: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 20, 28, 38, 40, 41

PS Phone has nice design and also comes with clear protective case + glass screen protector, which is a good bonus for free. Pixel had nothing and $100 more expensive, and not 90HZ

PPS I also realized that I bought a couple of phones (Redmi Note, Samsung J7 Pro etc) from Amazon without realizing they have no warranty. And those phones still work fine:)

51AYfe+67-L._AC_SL1500_.jpg61gnOuBLlKL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

srlawren

@computergeek541 while you're right that some people spend more than they need to, and there are points of diminishing returns, there is some element to "you get what you pay for", to a point. 

Many people don't need or take advantage of a $1000+ flagship, it's true.  But in my mind unless you're literally using it for calling and the odd text, getting less than 4GB of RAM is a no-no.  Processor speeds are probably less relevant, though newer generations can provide power-saving efficiencies which can be helpful.  Storage is a personal decision but wouldn't recommend a phone with less than 64GB to anyone but the talk+text-only crowd since you lose some to formatting, some to OS overhead, and then if you want to install a few apps, maybe download some streaming content at home using WiFi for offline consumption and/or record some video with your nice camera, you're going to start running out.  Not everyone needs a massive battery, until you're out one day away from convenient electricity and run low and really need to call or message someone.  Fast or wireless charging might be superfluous, but can be very handy in a pinch.  

Again it's all about trade-offs but I think as these devices are becoming essential to many people's daily lives, if you can reasonably afford it without incurring hardship or carrying undue interest, you should aim for at least a midrange device.  Doing so will give you a better overall experience and typically a longer lifecycle (but of course there are exceptions to every rule of thumb).  

That's just my two cents.  Everyone's needs, priorities, and budgets are their own unique parameters, of course.

@srlawren wrote:

@dabr wrote:

@srlawren   Do have any insight or advice on Samsung's Galaxy A10S?  I didn't see it on your recommended list of Samsung phones. 

@dabr to be frank, I never paid that one much attention.  Looks like the going price on Amazon.ca is around $170-180?  It's a bit dated at this point, as it was launched in 2019.  I think if it were me, I'd look at the newer A11 which seems to float around $190-210.

Honestly I'd probably spend a bit more on an A31/A32.  I wouldn't personally buy or recommend a phone with less than 4GB of memory and 64GB of storage, and both the A31 and A32 are in 4/64 or 4/128 flavours, have AMOLED screens (vs IPS in the A10/A11), under-display fingerprint sensors (vs rear-mounted--a preference), and 25% larger batteries (5000mAh A31/A32 vs. 4000mAh A10/A11).  It looks like the A32 may not be available yet, at least I don't see it listed on Samsung.ca or on Amazon.ca, but the A31 can be had on Amazon.ca and would probably be the lowest I would personally choose for myself or for a family member.

EDIT: but of course, it all comes down to your individual needs, preferences, and budget. Let me know if I didn't address anything you were curious about and I'll do my best.

@srlawren 

I noticed that you've mentioned some phones on the lower end of pricing. I have the opinion that people generally spend more than they have to or and get more than they need in a cellular phone.

@cellphonesaver 

When it comes to to device choices, I think that you'll find that after about maybe $300 to $400, you'll notice a deiminishing return in how much device you get by spending more money.  Yes, the $1000 fancy devices will be nice, but I'm sure that there are times when a user picks up a less exensive phone and notices little difference. 

I know that a cell phone is something that many people use every day so I wouldn't completely go the super inexpensive route (<$100), but I would suggest to get the least expensive device that you'll be happy with.  

I've always liked the Motorola and Samsung mid-level devices.  The Moto G and Samsung A series models will be fine for most people.

@srlawren wrote:

@dabr so, since your S5 is now so old, you would probably still get improvements in most categories form a budget phone but $200 taxes-in is a pretty tough category (especially in Canuck bucks).  Moto actually is a good suggestion, their G and E lines are generally well regarded, though I'm not really up on the current iterations.  There are probably some Umidigi or Poco products in your price range that would be good too (paging @will13am , @darlicious for some input there).  

Honestly, if you're wanting to get the same kind of impact you got from your S5 all those years ago (it came out in 2014--not sure when you got yours) and/or want to keep it anywhere near as long, I'd suggest bumping your spend.  If you're not sensitive to PWM (see @cellphonesaver's replies) then the Pixel 4a is a solid recommendation if you are willing to come up a bit.  Or as I said the Samsung A series.  I think there's a model or two that are smaller, maybe the A11?  But then as you go smaller you do run the risk of running into those limitations of less RAM and such that you've already noticed.  I'd still skip the A10S due to age and RAM.  

@srlawren    I actually didn't pay anything for my S5 as it was really a "hand me down" from a family member that upgrades their phones every 3/4 years.  I've had it for almost 2.5 years now and generally have been very happy with it.  It's had an ongoing issue with the screen flickering, but that doesn't seem to impact anything important and is more of a minor irritant.  Also the storage is becoming bit of an issue and I've been told, by the family member who it belonged to, that adding a SD card caused some problems when tried in the past.  Also I believe future updates to this particular model may become a concern too.

Both @will13am and @darlicious along with @CFPartDeux  have already provided me with some good advice/feedback on this topic in another thread in the Lounge a few weeks back.   So as you can see I'm still gathering more details for a future purchase but appreciate all yours and others' suggestions and will keep them in mind when I finally get around to making a purchase.  Most likely it'll either be an Motorola or Samsung (maybe not the A10S 😊) that I end up buying.

Anyhow, I don't want to hijack OP's thread any further (apologies to @cellphonesaver ) for a purchase that is still months away when he obviously is anxious to make a more immediate decision. 

I have a horseshoe when it comes to buying phones.  I have yet to seek out a warranty center ever.  I am the last person to debate the warranty topic as I really don't care.  For me, I care about value for money most.  My last purchase was a T-Mobile variant of the OnePlus 7T for $299USD from B&H.  Previous to that was the Umidigi F2 for around $200CD via Aliexpress.  These two phones obvious don't compare well against each other but both are value purchases.  The first thing I did when I got the OnePlus 7T was "risk the warranty" by flashing the global rom so that I can unlock the SIM 2 slot.  I have not gone phone shopping in many months, so I out of touch with what is one sale at the moment.  Usually year end is a good time to shop.  

srlawren

@dabr so, since your S5 is now so old, you would probably still get improvements in most categories form a budget phone but $200 taxes-in is a pretty tough category (especially in Canuck bucks).  Moto actually is a good suggestion, their G and E lines are generally well regarded, though I'm not really up on the current iterations.  There are probably some Umidigi or Poco products in your price range that would be good too (paging @will13am , @darlicious for some input there).  

Honestly, if you're wanting to get the same kind of impact you got from your S5 all those years ago (it came out in 2014--not sure when you got yours) and/or want to keep it anywhere near as long, I'd suggest bumping your spend.  If you're not sensitive to PWM (see @cellphonesaver's replies) then the Pixel 4a is a solid recommendation if you are willing to come up a bit.  Or as I said the Samsung A series.  I think there's a model or two that are smaller, maybe the A11?  But then as you go smaller you do run the risk of running into those limitations of less RAM and such that you've already noticed.  I'd still skip the A10S due to age and RAM.  

srlawren

@cellphonesaver let me try my best here...

1. By in the middle, I mean: OnePlus is sold in Canada so you shouldn't have a problem getting OnePlus to help if you have an issue.  At the high end of support scale is probably Apple, where you can walk into one of their several retail stores in Canada and after waiting a bit in line (thanks, Covid-19), you can go in and get help/replacement/repair whatever quickly.  Samsung have a few retail stores as well so they would be next in line.  With either of those, you could buy also buy from a 3rd party retailer which may or may not provide help getting your phone back to Samsung/Apple for help.  With OnePlus--and full disclaimer, I've yet to need their warranty or support services so this is my best guess--I suspect you'd have to arrange to have your device shipped to them for support and expect a much longer turnaround time due to shipping in both directions, etc.  Vs. walking into an Apple/Samsung store for help.  But the other end is likely no support like Oppo, Realme, etc., not sold in Canada officially at all.
  2. To be honest, the Nord devices available here don't appeal to me, but I tend toward the higher middle tier or lower flagship territory, so I'm not the best judge of the segment.  I'd take the N10 over the N100 any day of the week, but I do wish the no-number original Nord was available here as it's the most appealing of the bunch for sure, but of course, OnePlus in their frustrating ways of the last few years don't sell it in Canada.  (Much like they don't seem to be offering a 12/256 version of the non-Pro OP9 here despite it being available in some markets, and that's the only version of their new lineup which would tempt me.  Why won't they take my money??).  I don't know anything about the 6 PRO as I don't really follow Realme other than very peripherally.  Sorry.  
  3. That's a personal decision.  It sounds like there are workarounds that should work though.  
  4. Oh interesting.  I've seen PWM mentioned in many laptop reviews when I was researching a while back but didn't realize it affected some smartphones as well.  Sorry to hear.
  5. I hear you.  (Well, not on the iPhone front--never owned, hopefully never will, though never say never.)  It's hard to find a "perfect" product and usually there is one or more glaring flaws or omissions like the ones you've listed.  Huawei make some very nice hardware, and it's a bloody shame the Trump admin had to cripple them for western markets.  They would otherwise have been an easy go-to for many looking for something like a OnePlus, as Huawei is (was?) officially sold and supported in Canada too.  But I digress.  And feel your pain. 

5+: I've never been excited by Samsung in the past either to be honest, but the 2020 and 2021 models are actually really appealing.  I am addicted to the functionality of the alert slider on my OnePlus devices and if the S21 had one I'd probably be all over it as a replacement for my OnePlus 7 sometime this year.  I would really miss that, and some elements of OxygenOS--though, to be fair, OxygenOS is becoming more OneUI-like and OneUI is improved dramatically, so the software side is much less of an issue than it was in the past.  

Your requirements list is nicely specific but going to be hard to settle.  I don't profess to be an expert in all the options out there, especially since I tend to tune out when I see IPS as I've always preferred OLED smartphones but can see how that's a concern for you.  I'm going to pass this over to some knowledgeable folks to ask for input.  @will13am @computergeek541 do you have any good suggestions here?  Or anyone else, of course.

cellphonesaver
@srlawren Thanks a lot for very detailed response! It made me feel better and it is very much appreciated!😀 Apparently people on the forums have better answers than tech support(One Plus email support can't even answer about Telus issue).

I would be very thankful if you can advise and reflect on the following points:

1. What do you mean by OnePlus is in the middle of warranty/no warranty? Is their support/warranty not good in Canada? And overall should I care about that or just buy the phone I really like?:)
  2. What's your opinion about OnePlus Nord N10 5G device? It has mixed reviews - camera, outdated body design, that One Plus is not great at budget segment and Realme 6 PRO is a better option.
  3. Should I risk and buy Nord 5G if they can not confirm compatibility with PM?
  4. Pixel 4a is a great device but unfortunately that was the first phone that gave me eye strain because of PWM (you can Google lots of complains about OLED screens with no DC dimming)
  5. As much as I try to like Samsung and Apple I don't think I can lol. I just sold iPhone and wanted to go back to Android but with lots of issues: Huawei - no Google services, Pixel - PWM, Nokia - behind competiotion,  Xiaomi - missing LTE for Telus/PM

Basically my requirements are the following:

• LCD / IPS screen (to not risk with OLED or AMOLED screens for my eyes)
  • GOOD camera(I do not expect it to be perfect like in top phones but in Pixel it was great)
  • 6 inches screen size ( which very hard to find so I'm considering up to 6.4)
  • Preferably Android One or close to stock Android experience(Oxygen OS and RealMe OS is fine). I will be fine with MIUI I guess if those are not an option
  • Budget of $500 CAD - $600 Max (with tax)
  • I was looking at RealMe 6 Pro(concern warranty, HUGE screen), Nokia 5.4 or Nokia 7.2, POCO X3 NFC and Redmi Note 9S(LTE frequencies are concern), TCL 10L, others...

Any input is appreciated as now I'm back to Redmi Note 3 with broken screen...

@srlawren wrote:

@dabr wrote:

@srlawren   Do have any insight or advice on Samsung's Galaxy A10S?  I didn't see it on your recommended list of Samsung phones. 

@dabr to be frank, I never paid that one much attention.  Looks like the going price on Amazon.ca is around $170-180?  It's a bit dated at this point, as it was launched in 2019.  I think if it were me, I'd look at the newer A11 which seems to float around $190-210.

Honestly I'd probably spend a bit more on an A31/A32.  I wouldn't personally buy or recommend a phone with less than 4GB of memory and 64GB of storage, and both the A31 and A32 are in 4/64 or 4/128 flavours, have AMOLED screens (vs IPS in the A10/A11), under-display fingerprint sensors (vs rear-mounted--a preference), and 25% larger batteries (5000mAh A31/A32 vs. 4000mAh A10/A11).  It looks like the A32 may not be available yet, at least I don't see it listed on Samsung.ca or on Amazon.ca, but the A31 can be had on Amazon.ca and would probably be the lowest I would personally choose for myself or for a family member.

EDIT: but of course, it all comes down to your individual needs, preferences, and budget. Let me know if I didn't address anything you were curious about and I'll do my best.

@srlawren    Thank you for providing more than enough feedback for me to mull things over further. 

I did notice that the A10S only has 2GB RAM and it's issue date is almost 2 years old.  What appealed to me about this phone was it's price and screen size being not too big as well as having dual SIM (supposedly) and decent battery and I'm assuming a better quality camera than what's on my current phone.

ATM I'm just trying to gather whatever useful info I can as I will eventually have to replace my, what some would consider ancient, Galaxy S5 before making the final call, perhaps towards the end of the year.  I may even decide to wait until black Friday sales for hopefully a really good deal, unless my current phone dies suddenly!  😁

My phone needs are fairly basic.  Main preferences lean towards decent quality phone with good camera specs that captures natural light and colour and is also good with low light/dusk.  Of course a decent battery that doesn't drain quickly, although I know that will depend on usage too.  I'd prefer screen size to be between 5.5" and 6"ish and hopefully with dual SIM option.  I'd prefer not to spend more  $200 inc. taxes, although I might be prepared to pay a little more as I expect a new phone should last, hopefully, several years before needing to be replaced again. 

To date, my experience with both Samsung and Motorola has been good.  Nokia and Pixel sound interesting too, although the Pixel models are a little outside of my current budget.

srlawren

@dabr wrote:

srlawren

@cellphonesaver if you're looking for warranty/support, your best bet is to stick to the brands that are officially sold in Canada, and probably to stick with one of the "big guys" like Samsung, Apple [not my cup of tea but...], or Google (though you said you had issues with a Pixel 4a, sadly).  I wouldn't touch LG right now despite them making some nice devices, because it seems that are seriously considering shutting down their mobile business which may make support difficult or impossible.

If you want to get a brand like Realme, Xiaomi, or Oppo, you're mostly doing it at your own risk and are unlikely to get much if any support.  The plus side is you're typically getting better value for your money, but the negative side is you're probably out of luck if issues arise.  OnePlus is somewhere in between on both of those points.  Honestly I'm on my 3rd OnePlus device without a single service or warranty issue.  I bought a OP3 and a OP5T direct from OnePlus.ca, though for my current device they didn't sell the variant I wanted--a non-Pro, non-T OnePlus 7--in Canada, so I ordered it from AliExpress and it shipped out of China.  I knew there would be zero support but it was the device I wanted and the pricing was good so I decided to go for it, and have zero regrets over a year and a half later.  

If I were in your shoes and were worried about support, I'd suggest you have a look at the Samsung Galaxy A-series.  They are good mid-range devices that don't cost an arm and a leg but are still available in Canada and very likely well supported.  Samsung's software of the past (TouchWiz days) was horrendous, but with newer OneUI builds (2.5 is good, 3 is better) they have vastly improved to the point where I wouldn't even personally rule them out for my next device despite a strong dislike in the past.  It's worth a look at the series.  A52 is most recent out the gate (A72 is even nicer but sadly not sold by Samsung Canada) but there are others in the range and even previous gen A50/A51/A70/A71 are great if you can find them for good prices.

cellphonesaver

Thank you very much for all your input guys and fast response!

I'm not sure what to do.

I don't want to be stuck with the phone if the glitch is not fixed and if workaround is not working.

I'm already returning Pixel 4a and have enough hassle with that.

I might be getting Realme 6 pro instead but I'm not sure how the warranty works in Canada since Realme is the sister company of OnePlus but I doubt they grant the warranty if something happens at OnePlus in Canada since Realme is technically still the same company 

Also it's available on Amazon.ca but ships out of country( I assume USA). So I'm not sure if it's gonna be having warranty at all.

If anyone of you bought Xiaomi, Realme or Oppo through Amazon I would appreciate response and advice.

My birthday is coming up in April and I don't want to be without the phone...

Need Help? Let's chat.