cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old phone without SIM card still receiving text messages meant for me

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My old phone (Moto) was stolen a couple of days ago. I bought a new SIM card, installed it in a fresh Android phone, have been using it no problem. HOWEVER, apparently a couple of my friends have been trying to text me and instead are having weird conversations with the new owner (aka theif) of the Moto phone.  I know that if I had posession of the Moto phone, I could fix this problem by turning off the RCS chat settings in Google -- BUT THE THIEF HAS THE PHONE, and is not inclined to help with this (believe me, I've had my friends ask the person). It's bad, because the theif is getting random conversational info about me, and some people can't get ahold of me. How do I fix this?

5 REPLIES 5

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Sorry to hear you have had to deal with scum like that, hopefully they get theirs. 

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Tried remote device reset and didn't work. Google couldn't 'find' the device.  How can I track the phone using RCS? Me (and the cops) tried the usual ways, and Google couldn't doo it. Blacklisting seems like the best option.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@6543789 

As noted by @darlicious, contact a CS_Agent to have your phone blacklist so it can’t be used…they can only sell it as parts.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@6543789 

You could blacklist your stolen phone but really you should have remotely factory reset your device already which would Google lock the device. Then again you can also track your device if its still connected thru RCS.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Try signing out of the device in your google account. Log in. Manage your google account. Scroll down your devices and Manage all devices. Sessions on Android phones find the Moto and click on the arrow. Click on sign out.

I don't know if that will work but maybe something to try.

Need Help? Let's chat.