cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old Public Rewards - will these disappear when I switch to a new plan?

pshoebri
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Currently on $120 7.5GB 90 day plan, and I have $27 in rewards. Thinking of switching to a 4G plan, $41.25 per month, but it's not clear to me what happens to my rewards... do these disappear? 😞

thanks!

7 REPLIES 7

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@pshoebri 

Rewards, purchased add ons, gifted or promotional add ons arecall tied to the account not the plan or data speed. Only bonus recurring monthly plan data promotions can be affected by a plan change which does not apply to you. Switching to a full speed or a throttled 4G LTE (3"G") data plan is a win-win for you. The only possible downside is the loss of the 90 day plan option....which to me a 30 day plan gives you more flexibility to change plans to suit your needs whether it's more or less included plan data, renewing early or changing plans immediately to get more data, suspending service while out of the country for holidays or wanting or needing a higher data speed.

Currently you are paying $120/90 days/7.5gb or $40/30 days/2.5gb of 3G speed (4G LTE throttled to 3mbps). Changing to the $41.25/4gb plan you will get 1.5gb more data at full speed 4G LTE speed for and extra $1.25 per 30 days. Maybe after 30 days you decide it didn't make that much of a difference to change data speeds....you can schedule a change plan on next renewal back to a 3G speed plan.

For the same price as you are paying now you can get the $40/5gb plan. Double the data as now for the same price at the same data speed. Or you could save an extra $5 and get the $35/3gb plan. An extra 500mb of data at the same data speed as now for $5 less ($26/30 days w/rewards). With 30 day plans flexibility is on your side.

Keep in mind the following:

1. Once you change plans from your 90vday plan you cannot get the plan or the 90 day plan option back.
  2. Scheduling a change plan on next renewal is always the best option unless you need more data immediately. There is no prorating, refunds or credits when changing plans.
  3. Scheduled plan changes on next renewal can be cancelled at anytime up until 11:59:59pm eastern on day 30 of your cycle. In desperation after midnight eastern on that night before payment is taken at 2am eastern (or later if they run late) you can suspend your service via lost/stolen and contact customer support to see if they can cancel any changes.
  4. If you choose to change plans immediately you lose any unused features of your current plan and a new 30 day cycle is started. Rewards will not apply until the following renewal after a completed 30 day cycle.
  5. If the scheduled plan change amount is more than your current plan it is recommended that you manually top up your account with the new plan amount to avoid possibly suffering an autopay failure and service suspension by a known glitch with autopay.
  6. When changing to or from a different data speed plan the throttling or unthrottling of the data speed takes 48 hours to complete. Performing speed tests with unthrottled 4G LTE speed can use up to 400mb+ of data. If you want to test data speed do so on day 30 before midnight eastern if you have unused plan data. Be careful if you also have data add ons as they will be used....best to restrict your data in your device by using your data limiter to avoid accidently using data add ons.
  7. Data usage warnings from pm at 75% and 95% usage are based on all of your data on your account....not just plan data. Use your data tracker, warning and limiter to avoid a nasty data surprise of having no Data!
  8. You have the option of using the 3G network only setting in your device. This can give you up to 20mbps+ data speeds depending in network traffic. They average between 10mbps and 12mbps.

Screenshot and/or download your account info and current plan and add ons and any scheduled changes in case anything weird happens during or after the plan change and you need to prove what you had on your account.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@pshoebri As mentioned above, when you switch to a 30 days plan from 90 days, you will get $9 in rewards per 30 days. If you need more data at a higher speed, it's better to switch it. Also have a look at 3G plans, they might offer more data, just at a slower speed. So, nothing will happen to your rewards when you switch plans, they will stay as is. 

So when you change from 90 day to 30 day of course the reward dollars divide by 3. You would then be seeing $9 per 30 days.

lyardeni
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@pshoebri as per Reward Rules Article, no. You will keep your rewards

Please see: 

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/reward-rules

pshoebri
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

mine says 3G, but thanks! 

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Whoa! If your plan area does not mention 3G data then you would already be on 4G. But maybe you want more than 2.5GB average per month. But all your rewards and freebies would stay.

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@pshoebri 

when you change to new plan your rewards is will be keep it as is in your account.

Edit: but new plan for 30 day service for $41.25 - your rewards $9 = $32.25 plus tax.

Need Help? Let's chat.