cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OK what going on withe the Black Friday deal?

bharris
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am an existing pay as you go customer. I applied the promo code to get the 20gb for $35 for 15 months to switch to a monthly plan on renewal. It accepted the promo code without any issues but the discount does not show up in the total on renewal. Should I cancel it ???? please help  @CS_Agent   @J_PM2022-11-30_10-01-56.jpg

19 REPLIES 19

bharris

I made the plan change now (it worked), thanks everyone for the help. CS won't let you do it on a renewal.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

Screenshot_20220915-224026.png

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@bharris 

I agree and the help article indicates that as well. Use public mobile's own words to insist on the promo being applied if it isn't done automatically.

Edit:

Thanks for removing the other screenshot but editing your original post needs to be done as well....sooner rather than later....

@bharris wrote:

It is very clear on this page, which is only for plan changes for existing customers, that the promo was accepted.

If it worked for you - great for you! Take advantage of that very nice offer.

There is no point of arguing who is right and who is wrong. Officially - new customers only. Unofficially - if somebody can switch to this promo plan/offer - great for them.

bharris

It is very clear on this page, which is only for plan changes for existing customers, that the promo was accepted.2022-11-30_11-06-38.jpg

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@nosha 

I can agree with that with promos overlapping one another with some for new activations only some for both, some on the website plans page, some in self serve and the activation portal, some changed to include existing customers. So is it any wonder that after all of this and existing customers recieving the promotion with an immediate plan change that one would expect it to also be applied on a scheduled plan change? Especially if you read this help article?

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/apply-a-promo-when-changing-your-plan

brettster99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

All telecom companies hide behind small print. Doesn’t excuse PM (Telus). And they have thrown loyal customers under the bus permanently. So I have no sympathy and will take whatever advantage I can of promos no matter what. The telecoms have screwed js for so long, it’s the consumers turn to screw them 

nosha

Why they have to make it small print? PM hasn't handled this sale well at all. Blame the loyal customers I guess.

brettster99

Yeah, @bharris listen to @darlicious  as the deal is no longer available so if you cancel now you WILL NOT BE ABLE TO GET IT again. So it’s better just to wait and see 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@bharris 

The discount won't show until your plan is about to change and works for immediate plan changes but it's YMMV when it comes to scheduled plan changes. Leave it for now you have plenty of time until your next renewal to see how this plays out. If you cancel it then you just out.....of luck?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@bharris 

Can you please remove the screenshot containing your referral code and delete it from your image library before you run afoul of the community terms of service? Please and thank you.

It still doesn't matter, PM is not a pay as you go service.

Why are posting your referral code in your OP?  You might want to edit your post and remove it.

bharris

Looks like this was successfully applied to an existing customer🤔

bharris

I pay in advance for 3 months. Not on a monthly plan

brettster99

This site has issues where it basically uses old webpage data. Trying logging in with incognito mode to see if that’s the issue. 

brettster99

AF0E8BEB-1E50-42A9-A36E-575CD8F9B5EE.png

E839FF86-E026-4C6E-AABF-338E52B53628.png

 Yes, but if PM screws up this badly. Then they should honour it. And if they don’t the CCTS will get involved when I submit a complaint. And prior precedent on these type of issues have heavily favoured consumers 

walker1
Mayor / Maire

Sorry, but Public Mobile doesn't have pay as you go plans.   You might want to check out the two previous threads on this topic.  It's been discussed already extensively.

But, yes you should send a private message to CS_Agent  and express your concerns about your specific situation.

bharris

The promo code applied successfully. This should provide lots of complaints at https://www.ccts-cprst.ca/

Meow
Mayor / Maire

As per promo offer, this is for new customers only.

Some existing customers claim they were able to get this offer changing plan NOW but as per offer condition (read small print **) it is for NEW customers only.

Need Help? Let's chat.