cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number transfers

TessieBoo
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi, me again……I have found a compatible phone, and now mom wants to know if she can transfer her home phone number……I don’t think she can, but just want to confirm.  Thank you again!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@TessieBoo wrote:

Hi, me again……I have found a compatible phone, and now mom wants to know if she can transfer her home phone number……I don’t think she can, but just want to confirm.  Thank you again!

@TessieBoo 

Check here to see if the phone number is portable to Public Mobile:

https://secure.koodomobile.com/checktransfereligibilityparrot/default.do?lang=en&appname=otherportal

IF so, you can port during the activation process of the SIM card, or activate with a new number then request the port/transfer afterwards.

See helpful info. here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

EDIT: I transferred/ported my Bell home landline to Public Mobile during SIM activation, and it went smoothly.

It could take up to 7 days to complete the port.

Make sure you do not cancel your previous provider's services.

Incoming calls are usually the last to port over.

View solution in original post

31 REPLIES 31

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@TessieBoo wrote:

@TessieBoo 

Check here to see if the phone number is portable to Public Mobile:

https://secure.koodomobile.com/checktransfereligibilityparrot/default.do?lang=en&appname=otherportal

IF so, you can port during the activation process of the SIM card, or activate with a new number then request the port/transfer afterwards.

See helpful info. here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

EDIT: I transferred/ported my Bell home landline to Public Mobile during SIM activation, and it went smoothly.

It could take up to 7 days to complete the port.

Make sure you do not cancel your previous provider's services.

Incoming calls are usually the last to port over.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@TessieBoo , home phone number transfers are possible.  The process can take a lot longer compared to wireless number porting.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@TessieBoo 

yes you can transfer old number,

Make sure that you have the old sim card in your phone when you're porting your phone. You should get a message from your old carrier asking to confirm if you would like to port your number. Your reply should be: YES.

The confirmation message can take a few minutes to come in. You have 90 minutes from the time of request.

for more info Transferring Or Changing Your Phone Number Click Here link 

or

Number Transfer (Port) Troubleshooting, Click Here link  

or

Choosing Or Transferring A Phone Number During Activation, Click Here link 

Eligibility Check if your existing number is eligible to move visit Here link 

if are you stuck with Transferring your old Phone Number,

In order to transfer a phone number over to Public Mobile - you will need to activate an account with a temporary phone number and after that your contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, for the transfer your number to Public Mobile,

Here’s how to contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,

• or you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click HERE
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• please include in your message,
  • your phone number,
  • which carrier,

Good luck and your welcome to Public Mobile

with a Beautiful Service

you will be very happy

z10user4
Mayor / Maire

@TessieBoo : I would suspect your Mom has an old time copper real landline home phone. So there won't be any SMS to respond to. But...maybe she has one of those new-fangled wireless home phones that have a SIM. But it still might not receive texts.

TessieBoo

She has VOIP. I’ve never seen a SIM card.  I read elsewhere here (after I submitted my question) that you can do it…..so, hopefully it will work.  

@TessieBoo 

As from the others, you generally can, but no one can say with absolute certainty without know the city of the phone nunber. Public Mobile would only be able to complete such a transfer if they also normally offer phone numbers for the same city.

TessieBoo

Thank you.  Yes, Public Mobile offers phone numbers for the same city - I live in the same city as my mom - actually a small town.  Presently, she is with COGECO.  I guess all I can do is try.

TessieBoo,

It'll be fine then.

TessieBoo

@computergeek541 

Again, thank you so much!  As I said earlier, I don’t care how long it takes, as long as I can do it.  I’ll just take my time, and make sure I fill everything in correctly.