cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notification of "Solution Accepted"

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

Twice since the change to the new forum format, I have received notification that my reply was selected as the solution. The most recent I captured as seen below. When I visit the page though, my reply is not the chosen one and in the case below the one marked "Accepted" by @HALIMACS doesn't answer the original question. The other occasion I was notified that @Luddite had accepted my response and again, a different one is actually marked in the thread. Anyone else experiencing this?

Screen Shot 2022-01-21 at 9.08.06 AM copy.jpg

11 REPLIES 11

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@kb_mv  - It looks to me HALIMACS was the one that chose this solution. Maybe you first, and then spudster?

I saw it pop up last night too. And, this is what I see in my feed...but I didn't remember what is said in that area you are showing in your post with the popup. 🤔

esjliv_0-1642782931283.png

I guess only @HALIMACS  can answer if they flipped flopped. 

Oh, and @darlicious, if you are taking requests, you can leave that copy pasta stuff off of my replies too. Because I keep submitting tickets after following your advice.😂

@darlicious wrote:

had in fact often chosen  Someone's--Solution

HI @kb_mv  If you really meant that particular "Someone's--Solution" stole your solution, then it is really unusual.  LoL  

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Anonymous 

No I was just giving @Luddite the benefit of not seeing it. I programmed it special just for him!

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious : Your signature copy/paste isn't quite ingrained habit yet. 🙂

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Luddite 

Lol....so you really are messing with my head!!😭😲

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@kb_mv  Depending on the speed of the notification system some of these are likely me. Sometimes I notice a better answer after clicking Solution and make a change. These would be within a few minutes of each other, not days apart. 
I do not change an OP's selection unless it's an inappropriate self solution. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@kb_mv 

Indeed @HALIMACS  did accept or possibly changed the solution to that thread yesterday as I believe some new information may have come to light.

I asked the same question as you the other day....I was getting excited seeing my post chosen as a solution on the landing page only to discover either the OP or @Luddite  had in fact often chosen  Someone's--Solution but it certainly wasn't mine! After about the 10th one in a row I created the thread and asked the question.

I chose @ShawnC13 's solution.....that @Luddite  was just messing with my head!

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

@hTideGnow wrote:

HI @kb_mv,  but the first posts you show that HALIMACS accepted solution was an old post Feb 2021 post but HALIMACS edited on Jan 5 2022, maybe you can ask if Halimacs accepted solution yesterday or way back?  

@hTideGnow That is why I tagged @HALIMACS and @Luddite . Regardless of when they were done, why show up now indicating new solutions? As I said, this only happened since the new forum change. Is it connected? Interested to see if it has happened to anyone else. Having my solutions accepted or not isn't an issue for me. I am on here so little lately. I was just curious.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @kb_mv,  but the first posts you show that HALIMACS accepted solution was an old post Feb 2021 post but HALIMACS edited on Jan 5 2022, maybe you can ask if Halimacs accepted solution yesterday or way back?  

@hTideGnow Both notifications mentioned above show up as my two most recent.

Screen Shot 2022-01-21 at 9.32.57 AM copy.jpg

Though they both say accepted a solution as opposed to mine.....

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @kb_mv   

if you check the main Notification page , does it show the same thing?

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notificationfeed/page

I am not sure about that "Recent Notification", but for the Notification pop up, I notice that some pop-up are old notification.  So, it is not very accurate to me anyway.    However, the notification page has been accurate and working well for me

Need Help? Let's chat.