cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving texts from certain numbers / porting

DCnash
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, 

I PM'd mods 3 hours ago about a suspected porting issue with all required info and havent recieved a response so I am posting here. 

I am not recieving texts from certain numbers to my phone. One example I have included in the private message where the record shows up on my account usage but not on my phone itself. No clue how many other messages I am missing. 

If PM is going to do all their CS through a messaging board there needs to be better access. waiting 3+ hours for a problem like this to get solved is not good enough.

Derek Nash 

@CS_Agent

15 REPLIES 15

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@DCnash, please don't take my posts as bashing on you.  Yes there are issues with PM and from the simpliest thing from the forgot password link on up.  Some of the frustration I have isthe lack of research people seem to do.  Now that might not be the case with you but as you mentioned there are many posts of the same issues over and over again.  If people did their research they would see the answers given to similar issues and just private message the MODS with the info they need to help rather than posting a thread where people have to reply with you need a moderator to help you.  The big one for me is that people will join PM and there first post  is how they can't believe there is no customer service call centre or live chat.  Or even better they come in an post a "new" idea for PM to get a call centre or have web live chat.

As for the part of having the public respond to threads to try and help in our spare time and argure and read about a cell phone company most of my time on here is at night while watching tv so I browse and post and if it helps me save some more money that is great.  I am very happy that I am paying under $75 for 90 days with 12GB  of data.  My wife and I have been here a year now and have needed to contact mods for assistance twice and both times issue resolved with in minutes.

The biggest thing is people need to do some research and find out whether PM is for them and the "Potential" issues you may experience with the company.  

+1.  Don't be shocked after signing up and then coming to the realization that there's no call center.  How much one saves with a particular service is highly dependent on being able to get the hot deals.  Right now there are no deals here.

@DCnash, please don't take my posts as bashing on you.  Yes there are issues with PM and from the simpliest thing from the forgot password link on up.  Some of the frustration I have isthe lack of research people seem to do.  Now that might not be the case with you but as you mentioned there are many posts of the same issues over and over again.  If people did their research they would see the answers given to similar issues and just private message the MODS with the info they need to help rather than posting a thread where people have to reply with you need a moderator to help you.  The big one for me is that people will join PM and there first post  is how they can't believe there is no customer service call centre or live chat.  Or even better they come in an post a "new" idea for PM to get a call centre or have web live chat.

As for the part of having the public respond to threads to try and help in our spare time and argure and read about a cell phone company most of my time on here is at night while watching tv so I browse and post and if it helps me save some more money that is great.  I am very happy that I am paying under $75 for 90 days with 12GB  of data.  My wife and I have been here a year now and have needed to contact mods for assistance twice and both times issue resolved with in minutes.

The biggest thing is people need to do some research and find out whether PM is for them and the "Potential" issues you may experience with the company.  

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Lg85
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I just signed up for Public Mobile last month. Despite the various issues Public Mobile has that I have seen through this community forum regarding account activation, auto payment,, porting, password reset, etc., you still have access to a moderator who can help you to resolve it. Yes, it takes more time to get the issue resolved, but I personally do not mind this as I am probably one of those types of people who do not like to call customer service and be put on hold for a very long time trying to speak to an agent. I rather send out a message and have them get back to me later.  So I don't really mind that this company does not have a call centre. I was previously with Bell paying $75 + tax for a 1 GB data plan with 300 local minutes and unlimited national text messaging and a call centre that I have used only twice over my 4 years there with them. Now I am paying $129 plus tax for 90 day plan (with autopay activated, ~$43 per 30 days) with 6GB data, unlimited province wide calling and unlimited international text messaging minus a call centre. I am saving over $30 a month with more features and data, which is worth it IMO. The plan is better and reception has been great. Fingers crossed, I have never experienced any issues with Public Mobile so far since porting over from Bell. 

Public Mobile has a really unique business structure, which makes them kind of special in my opinion. You have access to a community forum with great people in which a majority of them do not work for Public Mobile who is willing to spend their own personal time to help each other out when issues arise, and you get loyalty rewards for staying with the company. Sometimes you do not even need to contact a moderator to get solutions to your problems and the issues are resolved by community forum members. I am more of a DIY kind of person. Searching through threads in the community forum was really helpful because I could find a majority of the answers in threads written by other people. I found that I have learned a lot of things in the past month just by reading the forum threads. 

Overall, Public Mobile will work for some and not for others, and it's also based on personal preferences and what you value most as well. So if you really need to talk to a live agent, then obviously Public Mobile is not right for you. Good luck with whichever carrier you choose. 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@DCnash  you are absolutly correct PM does have some issues mainly with the technology infrastructure/ portal  (activation errors, payment issues, autorenewal errors, they can't even seem to fix the password reset feature).  I would also include a lack of FAQ and up to date information to the list.  I know of no other company (let alone  technology company) that would let it's website issues go on for so long.

I believe if these issues were fixed then the moderators would have a smaller workload and could reply to questions faster.  

The forum model does work and does provide solutions to many user problems.  Unfortulatly over 1/2 are "account issue please contact mods"

there is a cost for the cheaper rates,  to some it is worth it for some not and that is a personal choice.

DCnash

Dont want this to be misinterpreted as a Rogers vs PM argument. Not what I was going for. My argument could be maintained for any major carrier currently. @stonechucker sorry for that. Totally get what you are saying. 

DCnash

@will13am This is another problem with the online forum. Now I have to sit here and read through posts from keyboard warriors about a service that we pay for. To address your mis-directed comment see the following: 

- Definitely will be going to a company where cost is similar and service is better. 

- Never jumped ship from Rogers, left the country for 4 years to pursue studies in the states. Came back, landscape had changed, wanted to test it out. 

- This is definitely not a public service or non profit, dont really see how that's relevant at all. 

- Totally agree that competition is good, doesnt mean the competition always wins or is right or is perfect (I realize you addressed this later)

- Never said Rogers is the poster boy. My examples, clearly stated, were personal experience. 

- You seem to have the same argument against Rogers from the other side of the fence. Neither is wrong nor right, their are flaws in each. 

- Again never said it's inferior, I actually just more strongly worded your statement. This system is currently not working as well as it should for the money people are paying. 

On a final note, the entire set up here is rather unprofessional. Im not a big forum guy. This time my money and my communication with friends family and employer are affected. The crazy thing is, the only place to seek advice about the service we pay for is through an internet forum where people (many of which are not even affiliated with the company) are awarded BRAVOS! for a. good advice or b. opinions that support PM (as clearly illustrated here by other users of this thing). 

Unreal, hope it gets figured out, I also hope this raises some yellow or red flags for people. Glad you all (non mods) have enough spare time in your lives to argue/read about a cell phone company. The rest of us will go back to paying for a quality product. 

Goodnight and Goodluck 

Michael77
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi @DCnash,

I recently ported out of PM to Rogers. The main reason for the port is because PM does not have a call centre. I've had Rogers internet for over two years now and I've been happy with their service. I do not find the wait times too long. Usually anywhere between 2 minutes and 23 minutes depending on the time I call. The customer service reps have been good and all my issues were dealt with on the first call. So far I find the Rogers reception to be just as good as PM/Telus. Actually, in my home, the reception is even better. I am able to talk in my garage and I wasn't able to do that with PM.

PM's customer service model isn't for everyone. I will have to say that the mods were really good at dealing with whatever issues I had but I much prefer talking to a live agent.

@DCnash, If you’re complaining about the speed it’s taking right now, you should have been here in late 2016 when I got my plan, the 90 day Provincewide voice, global sms, and 12 GB data....  Wait time were 2 digit days due to volume.

This is nothing.....

I left Rogers, I was paying more than double what I’m paying now, for less data,less SMS, but more voice.  $91 per month, vs $120 b 90 days.

You should have switched long ago for the great deal.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@DCnash, your prediction is absolutely correct.  I am going to suggest that if this service doesn't meet expectations and you think there's better out there, go for it.  One thing for certain, you must have been unhappy with the Rogers service to a sufficient degree to jump ship.  I am not sure it's proper for customers to speculate on the cost structure of a business and expect by rule that profit margins be fixed.  This is not a public service or a non profit organization.  Some businesses can maintain higher profit margins while others can't even make a profit.  Think Apple!  Anyway, competition is what will help to keep profit margins in check.  

With respect to quality of service, I can say with certainty that Rogers is not a poster child for good customer service.  I have been their customer for internet and cable TV for longer than I care to admit.  Every time I need to contact them, I allocate a two hour window.  Ten times out of ten, what I need cannot be accomplished by talking to one agent.  Upon transfer, I have to start from the beginning again.  Before I can establish contact with the first agent, it takes several minutes to navigate the menus.  The wait times are variable through the day.  First thing in the morning, there's little wait time.  In the evening, half hour wait times to speak to the first agent are quite common.  While this online model is not the panacea, it's not inferior to call centers.  

DCnash

I have an understanding of the process and what we pay for. I dont feel the price points are different enough to justify the difficulty in obtaining service when needed. I personally dont need a 10-15 minute service time all the time however as a point of principle I dont feel that is unreasonable. Many other carriers offer 45-50$ plans with some data and are much more accessible.

I also find it kind of ridiculous that a cell phone provider can have so many threads that contain issues pertaining to "not receiving all texts" "some texts not coming through" "not receiving any texts" . 

Again, all personal experience but I was with rogers for years, never had issues with this specific problem, any other problems I had were handled almost immediately. For the last 4 years I was in the states in a low service area of upstate new york on a pre paid pay as you go plan with the same phone I am using now that I brought from canada with me and didnt have a single problem with recieving texts from different carriers, numbers etc. 

You are correct, @ShawnC13, PM might not be the place for me. So far, in my own experience and based on your remarks as well as the comments i have read in other forums, it seems to be a place for people who want marginal cost savings with a new company that doesnt have everything figured out yet. 

I apologize if this seems like a PM bashing at this point, I came into this company with some solid optimism and this has been the experience so far (over the last 3 week as a new customer). That's all there is to it and I feel like the rest of the readers on the forum should know about it. 

The next reply is going to be someone telling me to go back to another provider and thats likely what Ill be doing. 

@DCnash, if you are hoping for a 10-15 mintues wait time at anytime that is going to be tough.  I have had great service through PM but I know that 10-15 minutes will be tough to meet.  If that is what you require or access to a call cetnre (which you referenced with Rogers) PM might not be right for you.  We do pay for a service and we just don't pay for a call centre (unless you are a legacy plan hoder) or even an online chat service.  The mods answer issues in the order they are received and on a weekend there is probably only 2 maybe 3 mods working. 

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

DCnash

Again I apologize for the tone. The sarcastic robot comment wasnt really necessary. I dont believe It's his or your issue but a problem with the whole set up. Do you see what I'm saying. I switched over from rogers where I could call if I had a problem and if I had to wait 10-15 minutes for an answer so be it. 

I like the potential of this support format however I think there could be some improvements. 

Just a new customers perspective. 

Appreciate the response, 

Derek 

MarieHelene_L

Yes, exactly @DCnash

As I mentioned, he got back to you about 3 hours ago regarding your data. Now my colleague just got back from lunch (because no we're not robots and all need to feed ourselves once in a while Smiley Tongue ), and I asked him to get back to you as quickly as possible. 

Thanks, 

Marie

*Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, PIN etc... This is a public forum!*

DCnash

Those messages were for a seperate issue that was resolved. 

The current issue was actually brought up about 50m ago, my apologies. I'm not trying to be rude but that is still way longer than is acceptable IMO.

I understand the effort that goes into replying to everyones problems however I dont see the benefit for the consumer in having a forum only support network when they have a specific problem that requires a reply from a moderator.

We pay for a service and dont want to be rooting through thousands of threads for an answer to my problem with the service. 

Looking forward to a fix. 

Derek 

MarieHelene_L

Hi @DCnash

I just took a look at your private message and was able to see that my colleague got back to your about 3 hours ago already. You then only responded to our message about 45 minutes ago. 

Rest assured that we're doing our best to have everyone's issues fixed as soon as possible and it shouldn't be too long before you hear back from my colleague. 

Thank you for your patience, 

Marie

*Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, PIN etc... This is a public forum!*
Need Help? Let's chat.