cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not getting any phone calls and no messages either

Mare2
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just went on Public Mobile’s plan.  I am not getting any phone calls.  People have called my land line saying they keep on going to voice mail. When I check voice mail, there are no messages.

4 REPLIES 4

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Mare2 wrote:

I just went on Public Mobile’s plan.  I am not getting any phone calls.  People have called my land line saying they keep on going to voice mail. When I check voice mail, there are no messages.

@Mare2  - you must make sure your landline is active to port over to Public Mobile. Once the port is complete the old account should automatically close.

If you have activated a new account and transferred over from another provider, note that incoming calls are usually the last to port over.

• Cell ports can take 2-3 hours. Use the previous provider's SIM card to receive the porting transfer text for approval to port to port over to Public Mobile and to receive calls from until port is complete.
  • Landline/voip ports can take 3+ days. Expect a mix of services on the landline and Public Mobile SIM card until port is complete.

When the incoming calls start coming to the Public Mobile sim card, that is a good indication the port is complete.

If still issues, after the alloted time to port a number over, submit a ticket with Public Mobile representatives (CSA) for help; click this link: to request the transfer of your number over to Public Mobile.

See helpful info. here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Mare2 

If you ported your landline to PM, it will take about 48 hours to complete the porting.

Contact a CS_Agent to see where PM is in the porting process.

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@Mare2 

manually select network 3G only or WCDMA only
and rebooting device

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@Mare2 How long ago did you activate your line? Did you request to port in your number? If yes, do you currently have service on your old sim card? You should've got a text message to authorize the port in request, did you get that? What about data services? Do you get signal on the Public Mobile sim at all?

Need Help? Let's chat.