cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not connecting to mobile network in the US

Irene5
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I cannot connect to any network in the US, so I can't roam. I've taken the sim card out, reset mobile networks, but nothing works. I'm in contact with some members, but I have had this problem for 5 days now and I'm not getting any answers. 

Any solutions?

Does anybody have contact info from a tech person I can talk to?

Thanks, Irene

58 REPLIES 58

Anonymous
Not applicable

@softech : Yes. Thank you. That seems to be settled. I saw another image just recently that had another ghost button.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Anonymous   I am pretty sure that Lost/Stolen at the Plan details page is not really a button.  It was just a pop up when the mouse was around Lost/Stolen Phone link above.  It just happened that the pop up was rendered on the wrong place.. or a perfect place make it like a button

@Irene5 wrote:

Well, I asked them about the 2 lines of roaming I have in my account and they said nothing. Apparently the answer is now that the US can only work with 3G and that PM doesn't work with that. Finished. That was my so called solution. I'm done with this. Thanks everybody for helping, I appreciate all your messages and your time to help me! Unfortunately, no solution for me and not happy with PM.

Sorry for what you are experiencing.  It's true that roaming could be a headache.   (but sometimes, it is tricky with other carrier , too)

do you have a backup plan now? Prepaid data in US?  Again, what is your critical need for using roaming?  to receive calls and text?  any chance you can use a VoIP app and have your friends to call that number instead?  not the best way but trying to find an alternative for you

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Irene5 

That's not an acceptable response from the CSA.  Ask for a senior member of the CSA team to take over your ticket. I can ask the CSA working on my issue to look into yours if you like....he won't give you a cockamanie answer that it is a 3G thing!

Edit:

@Irene5 

I gave the link to this thread to the CSA that has resolved my issue. Hopefully they will contact you shortly.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Irene5 : A US one too maybe. Even devicecheck may not be solid with all Canadian carriers. Telus used to have their own but they scrubbed it.

Irene5

I checked and it's not stolen or lost. Thank you, interesting site!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Irene5 : Wow. That's a lie. Yes, the states will be moth-balling 3G but the schedules for doing so are still in the future (near for AT&T and further for T-Mobile). I seem to think I saw something delays in those as well but not sure.

Your two lines are fine. The other user was incorrect to say that was a problem. It's a problem with overlapping features. Different data buckets seem fine. But talk is a known problem. I'm still not sure about overlapping text. But you don't have overlapping features.

Maybe you might want to check out devicecheck.ca and see what you get for curiosity.

Irene5

Well, I asked them about the 2 lines of roaming I have in my account and they said nothing. Apparently the answer is now that the US can only work with 3G and that PM doesn't work with that. Finished. That was my so called solution. I'm done with this. Thanks everybody for helping, I appreciate all your messages and your time to help me! Unfortunately, no solution for me and not happy with PM.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Anonymous 

An anomaly yes...goofy? Maybe not considering the strangeness of the issue I wouldn't be surprised if it's related as it seems the phone and sim card cannot connect with the provider network being piggy backed on the US Roaming network.

@Irene5 

Which US Roaming partner were you last connected to? As a non account customer on whichever US provider you were using getting answers from them would be difficult but CSA's must have a support centre they can call with their roaming partners. Could the possibility exist that lost/stolen was engaged on the US network side? And somehow you would need them to "resume" service?

Or possibly something on koodo's prepaid back end has been triggered on the OP's account? Anyone with a KOODO prepaid account ever seen that lost/stolen label on their account?

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you @darlicious . Seems to be gone from their screen now. A goofy anomaly I guess.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Anonymous @Irene5 

I checked two accounts currently suspended via lost/stolen that unique lost/stolen label does not appear on either. Both of these accounts were suspended after midnight eastern. I have another account that was already suspended briefly earlier this month I can suspend it again if you want me to check that one being suspended but active.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Irene5 : It's a puzzler. Trying the SIM in another phone is the last thing I can think of. And trying another SIM in _this_ phone. Trying to identify exactly where the problem is.

If your SIM works in another phone then it's the phone. If someone else's SIM doesn't work in your phone then it's the phone.

Irene5

not working either.....

@darlicious wrote:

@Anonymous 

Without having to read the whole thread which button are you asking about?

HI @darlicious , 

Check the screenshot here:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Not-connecting-to-mobile-network-in-the-US/m-p/776828/highlight/true#M515640

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Irene5 : So you Suspended and then Resumed and restarted and no change?

Next try...go into Make a payment and choose Other amount and deposit a dollar. Restart phone.

Really, another phone to test the SIM in would be very useful. But they being US phones with US service could add some complication. It would be great if you knew someone with Canadian service.

Edit: @darlicious : the image in this post

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Anonymous 

Without having to read the whole thread which button are you asking about?

@Irene5   while you are trying with no luck, keep replying PM Support's private message and push for an answer.  

Irene5

I don't get that either. Now it's gone. It was just there during the screenshot. I followed your directions and suspended my account and resumed it after having logged out. Nothing. Doesn't work. But thanks for the idea!

Irene5

I don;t know why that los/stolen message popped up when I took a screenshot. When I look now, I don't see it at all. I also suspended my account, logged out, then logged back in and continued with ,y account. All to no avail.

@Irene5 wrote:

I'll just go with VOIP, and hopefully my bank will be doing business with me without my second security......And nobody important will call me from Canada.

Hi @Irene5   2FA could be an issue without you able to receive text now.  Worst case , contact the Bank via your VoIP phone and see what arrangement they can make in your case 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Irene5 : Ok then. Should be all good. That Lost/stolen button is new to me. I don't get that in my account. Yet your account showed Active in your prior pic. Hmm.

Anyway...back to overview...click on Plan & Add-ons, click on Lost/Stolen Phone, click on Suspend Service. Log out, wait a minute, log back in and back and click on Resume Service. Log out. Restart phone, see what happens.

Edit: @esjliv : you made me double take. Nope...talk and text.

Edit some more: @darlicious : if any of your accounts are in suspension - do you have that button in Plan Details?

Irene5

I believe there are 2 tickets for the tech department (whatever that is). And I'm already on day 5 with support......I will tell them. But they should know? Since, even today, they reset my account, plan and add on

Irene5

I'll just go with VOIP, and hopefully my bank will be doing business with me without my second security......And nobody important will call me from Canada.

I wish I knew if it was the sim card. Or something else that happened. My account was suspended for no reason, perhaps this had to do with it?

@Irene5  - those last two line items are the issue. You cannot have the same Roaming addon on your account at the same time.

Did you submit a ticket with Customer Support yet, or again. If not, I would suggest to do so and ask them to fix this for you.

Irene5

Screen Shot 2022-01-23 at 2.32.30 PM.jpeg

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Irene5 : Yes that does prove that you at least the 250MB roaming data. Nice job on the screenshot. If you can do that with the Plan details too that would be great.

But I think the above is likely.

There're a couple more things we can try but I still want to see that Plan details page.

@Irene5 wrote:

Network = LTE/WCDMA/GSM (auto connect)

Yes, slider for roaming is on.

And your third point: that's where I have the trouble: it doesn't want to select to any network. It either says: the sim card doesn't allow connections on this network, or: Connection not available, please try later.

I took out my sim card again, blew with a pump into the slot, cleaned the sim card.

And still it doesn't want to connect to any network. 

HI @Irene5   The error message does look like it is a network side issue instead of device.

This can sometimes be quickly cleared up by putting the SIM in another phone and there will be some reprovisioning done on the back end, but you don't have another phone around you so this cannot be done easily (unless you visit some Mobile store and hope someone nice can help out)

It has been another couple hours since you posted.  Message PM and see if they can push for an update

What is the biggest need for you now before issue is resolved?  If you need voice service, go with VoIP app for now.  If data, you have Wifi at the moment, or you will really have to check local data SIM

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah go and find a friend willing to let you insert your SIM and fiddle with some things and the account is on T-Mobile or AT&T. You shouldn't have to change anything.

Again...how about the contents of your Plan Details page.

Irene5

Here's a screenshot, data seems to be fine.Screen Shot 2022-01-23 at 2.13.08 PM.png

Irene5

I tried it and it still doesn't work

Need Help? Let's chat.