cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not accepting Scotia Visa Cards?

jGil189
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Just curious if there is any known issue with Scotiabank Visa's not being accepted by Public?

Trying to change my payment to my Scotia VISA and it will not accept the card. My bank says that it is approved on the banks side and it needs to be manually approved by Public Mobile. 

Anybody else have this issue with these types of credit cards? I messaged the moderator team but I'm worried it will take a long time to remedy.

Cheers

6 REPLIES 6

yuongmic
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I literally signed up with a Scotia Visa yesterday.

Is this a Scotia Debit Visa?

One thing I might check on your Scotia account is to make sure online transactions are Enabled. Sometimes for whatever reason, the option to use the cards online is disabled. It's just a little checkbox you have to tick/untick.

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

@jGil189 

PM accepted my BNS Mastercard. But I have since cancelled the card. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jb456 wrote:

@Anonymous  good to know. PM should remove / edit their help article lol.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/pay-for-your-services-online

Happy New Year!

Yup...amongst many things that they can't be bothered to update. But at least they DID bother to remove the apt# field.

@Anonymous  good to know. PM should remove / edit their help article lol.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/pay-for-your-services-online

Happy New Year!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jb456 : There's no apt # field anymore.

@jGil189 : Make sure your address matches exactly to your billing address. Caps even. No space in the postal code or drop the last digit. Caps too. It's been reported that for some people, they also need to match in their account profile but I've not experienced that need.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@jGil189 

Do you have an apartment?. If so leave it blank.

If you are using a payment card, leave the apartment/suite number in the payment information section 

Unfortunately only moderator's work for public mobile. The forums are all customers like you. You'd have to wait for them to respond.

Need Help? Let's chat.