cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to receive some text messages

DuaneC
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi @CS_Agent

I switched to PM on Saturday and ported my number over from Bell. Downloaded an eSIM. Had some issues with eSIM working originally but removed old physical SIM and seemed to solve the problem. Now I’m able to send text messages but for some reason can’t receive from most numbers. Using iPhone SE II with iOS 17.0.3. Unable to submit a ticket through system. 

9 REPLIES 9

Hate to be specific (no I don't 🙂 ) but did you actually try your old sim? Or are you assuming because you think you completed the port? Like, which voicemail do those calls go to? Here? Or the old service.

DuaneC

@hTideGnow @dust2dust I can send texts / make calls going out but I can't receive any texts via SMS (iMessage works because it uses data not cell). I can make outgoing calls but incoming calls go straight to voicemail. No longer have the old service - ported my number over PM. I'm sure this is a settings issue as I'm able to use the network, just not receive incoming calls / texts.

I was able to submit a support ticket so hopefully we get this issue resolved.

HI @DuaneC yes, this is the 3 to 7 days wait as I said.

This delay was partially because some system put that on to avoid sim fraud 

pmbc
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@DuaneC wrote:

I can receive some text messages, some from iPhone and some from Android. I don’t get 2FA messages (yet)

@dust2dust I am able to make calls and use data. 
@pmbc tried phone restart. Also tried to submit a ticket but getting an error message when trying to navigate to submit ticket page. 

@DuaneC what error are you getting when you try the link to the page?  You can also send a PM to CS AGent, by going to the envelope in the upper right and select CSAgent as the recipient.

And calls in? That's usually the last thing to port. Is your old service still working?

DuaneC

I can receive some text messages, some from iPhone and some from Android. I don’t get 2FA messages (yet)

@dust2dust I am able to make calls and use data. 
@pmbc tried phone restart. Also tried to submit a ticket but getting an error message when trying to navigate to submit ticket page. 

pmbc
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@DuaneC  If you need to submit ticket to CS Agent, use this link b/c they don't monitor the forums.  It's just us reg customers here! 🙂

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

You could give your phone a restart to see if that would fix your issue too.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @DuaneC 

can you remember text from others like friends?

if you can receive calls and text from friends and just not those 2fA test, it is ok.  Those 2FA verification texts take as many as 7 days for it to all working again.  This is normal after a number is ported

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

And what about cell data and calls in and out?

Need Help? Let's chat.