cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to make or receive calls

folgerrd
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi!

My phone out of nowhere can neither send nor receive phone calls, Ive been with Public Mobile a few months now and have no issues up until now, I have autopay set up and got the confirmation that this bill has been paid so I don't know why this would be happening. Anyone that calls me gets my voicemail, and anytime I try to call out I get "Sorry, you call could not be connected." But I have 4 bars of service!

11 REPLIES 11

@changegiverdesk  if you have an iPhone then it's possible to send messages to other iPhone users using data. Dial 611 to determine if your account is active or suspended. If suspended follow the prompts to reactivate your plan. If your account is active make sure you have available minutes to call out if you are on a limited call plan.

changegiverdesk
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am not able to make calls however I can send messages and also able to access data

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@folgerrdif your card expiry date hasn't changed you can manually top up your account. once you have "available funds" click the "reactivate" button. you can also call 611 to reactivate your service.

I'm pretty sure your card wasn't charged as this has been happening to multiple customers recently... 

@folgerrd wrote:

I already tried that unfortunately, I also sent a message to the moderators

@folgerrd  If Auto-Pay was successful then you should have received 2 texts from Public Mobile. If you only received one the Auto-Pay failed. You need to try to re-ativate your phone manually. Dial 611 and follow the prompts.

shep22
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@folgerrd wrote:

@folgerrd response time can be 2 to 48 hours check envelope icon top right corner for a reply

folgerrd

shep22
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@folgerrd wrote:

I logged into my account and it says they deactivated it, but it says I am owing them $0 and I have the bank statements to show the money has been leaving my account, what do I do?

@folgerrd try putting your phone in airplane mode wait at least five minutes then take off airplane mode also reboot your phone 

folgerrd

I logged into my account and it says they deactivated it, but it says I am owing them $0 and I have the bank statements to show the money has been leaving my account, what do I do?

tabi159w
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Does your account show up as Active on self-serve? Does data or texting work? You can try the method of marking your phone as lost/stolen in self-serve and then reactivating service to see if you can kickstart things. If this issue persists, contact a Moderator.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@folgerrd try these tricks to reset your service.

1. Restarting your phone. Turn it off, remove the SIM card,  reinsert it, wait 5 minutes and restart your phone. 

2.Putting your phone on aeroplane mode for 5 minutes. Take it off and restart.
3.From your self service account enable the lost/ stolen feature log out, wait 5  minutes, log in and take it off. Log out and restart your phone.

20200504_182846.jpg

If this fails contact the moderators and ask them to reset your service.  There are 2 ways to contact the Moderator Team:

• Faster response- Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Slower- Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Once connected to Simon, you will be asked to log in again with your community user name and password.  Please do, this allows you to continue and send your message.
- Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent.

- Keep an eye on the envelope top right of your screen.  The mods answer will show up there.  When it does, you will be asked to verify your self service account, with your password and login. Doing so allows the process to continue. Stay safe. 

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@folgerrd Login to your self-service account. Is it Active? Maybe Autopay failed, and you need to make a manual payment to reactivate service and then restart the phone.

Need Help? Let's chat.