cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to get incoming calls

alkwest
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I’m new to Public Mobile and cannot get my problem solved on line. I am able to make calls, go on line and send mail but I cannot receive incoming calls. All was working fine until I tried to change my number.  How do I get this resolved. 

13 REPLIES 13

@med2107 wrote:

Hello,

I suggest that you wait 72h , if not try to contact the moderator team. 

Put moderator_team as address so that you contact them,

Thanks, 

@med2107

Based on the information provided in this thread your advice is partly inaccurate.

The OP doesn't need to wait any longer. It's established that their port has failed due to an inactive/closed account at their previous provider. Whether they choose to use the temporary Public Mobile and loose their old number, or try to get the old number back with the help of their previous provider's customer service so they are able to port it to Public Mobile, they will need the help of the moderator team to sort this out.

med2107
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I suggest that you wait 72h , if not try to contact the moderator team. 

Put moderator_team as address so that you contact them,

Thanks, 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

you might need to ask the mods to just cancel the port as you can only have one number change every 30 days.  not sure how a failed port affects number changes.

alkwest

Ok. Thx

alkwest

Thx.  I sent off a message to a moderator. At this point so just want to get my incoming calls. I’ll keep the pm number 

popping

@alkwest wrote:

Thx. I was trying to change my number the one I had with my previous carrier. I canceled my account with the previous carrier so the old number is no longer in service.  How do I get help from a moderator 

PM moderator cannot do anything to get old number back.

You should contact your previous carrier to detwermine whether you can get your old number back.

mimmo

you need to contact your old carrier and get the number activated again.  you can only port a number from an active account.  

@alkwest wrote:

Thx. I was trying to change my number the one I had with my previous carrier. I canceled my account with the previous carrier so the old number is no longer in service.  How do I get help from a moderator 

Your account with your previous carrier needs to be active and in good standing for a successful number port. By closing your account you might have lost your old number.

You can contact your old provider and see if they are able and willing to re-activate your account on that number and after that contact the moderators as outlined by @mimmo to ask them to resubmit the port request.

alkwest

@alkwest wrote:

I’m new to Public Mobile and cannot get my problem solved on line. I am able to make calls, go on line and send mail but I cannot receive incoming calls. All was working fine until I tried to change my number.  How do I get this resolved. 

When you say changed your number, did you just take another Public Mobile number or did you ask the self-serve system to transfer a phone number from another carrier?  If you did the latter, what you are describing is normal and things will stay like that until the phone number has transfered in.  You can use the old carrier's sim card to receive your phone calls and incoming messages.  The process should be done within/less than a few hours.

If you didn't request a phone number to be ported in, this is likely an account related issue.

Gonzo
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

It sounds like you have an incomplete port issue, if you were trying to change phone numbers and this happened. You may need to contact the moderators to get this resolved, if that is the case. 

mimmo

I'm guess you you have a stuck port you need to message the moderators with your porting info:

edit when you say change number do you mean port your old number or get a new number assigned?

How can you get help with your account, activation, or service?

In your message please include:

• PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue

If you have a Porting issue, please also include:

• The number you want to port, PM sim number, old account number, old account name exacly as on bill

Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:

• Complete mailing address, Email address, Alternate phone number, Date of birth, Last top up date & amount

How long until they reply?:

• Office Hours: Mon-Fri 9am to 9pm, and Sat-Sun 9am to 7:30pm [Totonto Time] from 9am to 7:30pm [Totonto Time].
  • Messages are replied to during business hours and in the order they are received
  • Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, depending on message queue, but can be up to 48 hours.
  • There is no need to send multiple messages.

Additional Useful Information:

• Search PM-GUIDE (remove "-" during the search) to find some informative posts and answers to many common questions about Public Mobile

Need Help? Let's chat.