cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not a question, but I have to give credit when due

cwight73
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi all,

I'm new to PM. Was a Telus post-paid customer for the last year. I couldn't bear to pay $45+ for a plan with data, so just stuck with a $25 talk & text plan for the last year, seeing as most of the time I'm near wifi somewhere. I found Public Mobile by noticing a sign in a mall last week, and decided to take the plunge.

Not much of a plunge really. Was more like a ride on a rainbow. I ported it straight from Telus in one shot; no complications, no hiccups, and my port was complete in probably less than a minute.

I'm thoroughly impressed. This was the easiest, most pleasant and rewarding service transfer I've pretty much ever done.

Way to go Public Mobile!!!! One very happy customer here so far!

27 REPLIES 27

@Anonymous 

I can assure you, I am not going them any ideas that they haven't already considered though I don't know the outcome if there is one yet. I am hoping for the status quo as well. If looking to disrupt the fewest customers then yes axing the Community Reward would be the one to hit. But they get one heck of a bunch of almost free labour here which would severely dry up though not disappear if there was nothing in it for participants. Ive only been around just under two years now but have certainly seen some big changes in the community in that time.

AE_Collector

Anonymous
Not applicable

@AE_Collector 

I would prefer to refrain from giving them any ideas that they haven't already thought of. But that's just me.

If anything might be under threat or re-doing, it would be the community. I can't imagine them touching the other rewards.

I worry quite a bit about major changes to the reward system at PM changing for several reasons. Of course ongoing bickering about rewards and implementation of rewards is a further incentive to scrap the entire program or at least parts of it. Yes I know that PM would badly fall behind the competition without their rewards so maybe just parts like the Refer a Friend would be eliminated (or grandfathered)? Maybe something like unlimited heavily throttled data would be introduced (like the competition) to make up for a cut back in the rewards system? No idea... I have just had this feeling for some time now.

AE_Collector

@gpixel 

In response to your edited post just now to my last post.

Screenshot_20200923_102716.jpg

Hmmm..if you say so 🙄

I would think that type of information would have been more useful on the thread to help others wondering the same thing. 🤷‍♂️ Don't see why it had to be via private message unless something was added to that message that's not allowed on the public forum. That's just my opinion though.

Have a good day!

@Anonymous 

@LurganIeUk 

It was back in March or so when the post about maintenance or something similar said to contact moderators to port in a number. I took that initially to mean ANY number ported in but then more recently in another discussion about this, the community corrected me that porting in at activation isn’t a problem, only porting in after activation. I have had at least one and I think two referrals now that went ahead and ported in at activation without a problem proving to me that this method works as intended with Moderator assistance. One and possibly both were ports from within Telus companies if that makes a difference (possible).

AE_Collector

Anonymous
Not applicable

SSnap! Yowza.

@RosieR : I completely re-did my post when I realized that the OP was saying something else. As I hinted at in your timely capture. It was when I wrote that line that I realized the possibility of a different meaning.

@gpixel Indeed it looks familiar (I'm sure your comment was directed to me) and the funny thing about that is when I first started posting last year (before your time) not many people ( I read back then) were welcoming as in a CS response aspect. Not all obviously but I did notice through time that when I would end posts with "Welcome to Public Mobile" or "If you used a referral code blah blah blah" that other posters started to tweek their posts to similar responses.

Now I have noticed a few posters tweeking their response of how to contact moderators to similar how I write it " Two ways to reach moderators 1/2".

Anyways here's my rewards I shouldn't have to explain myself but to put your mind at ease I have 4 referrals.

Screenshot_20200923_062246.jpg

Two referrals are family member. Two from the forums. The most recent one from the forums is a person asking for a referral and they'd use the first one recieved. Link is here 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/I-am-signing-up-today-Who-would-like-...

And just so you known although it looks like the message Anya48 got is similar how I write ish. That's no where near what I write when I do send a referral code to someone. Here is what I send from my notepad. When someone does ask for a referral on the open forums. If they are just signing up I change it to there is a section on activation page to add the referral.

Screenshot_20200923_061426.jpg

So I really don't know what you're trying to get at with your jabs. 

But since we are on the topic sending unsolicited referrals. I wonder what you sent the person on below link in the French forums. Don't see a reason why a private message had to be sent unless your referral code was attached to that message 🤔

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Pour-Commencer/Ne-pas-capable-d-activer-la-carte-sim-...

Screenshot_20200923_064259.jpg

hmm interesting... 

the message that Anya48 recieved from this mystery "unsolicited" referral looks very familiar 🤣

*I wasn't implying this was you, but I know someone else who received the exact same message.  

@Jb456 the customer was asking how to activate without a desktop so I showed them how. 🤥

🤣

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jb456 

Yup. You. 🙂 Well...I was anyway.

No sweat. After all this time and all your successes I don't imagine you have to be underhanded. All good.

@RosieR : this is one of the ways. The other are the really nice ones when a post goes up just asking for any code. You gotta by lickety split on those. And of course answering in pm. But yes either someone asks for it in pm from a specific person or in the open from anyone. Not unsolicited is the key.

@Anonymous @RosieR 

Something gives me the feeling you're talking about me 🤣when I end my posts with 

"If you used a referral code for a $10 signup bonus the credit will be applied within 72 hours".

To put your mind at ease I don't send unsolicited referral codes.

However if the person does respond back to my post asking for a referral code then I send them one as I listed months ago on the below link on my post "Proper way to send a referral" with screenshots.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Using-Your-Service/Applying-promo-code-to-account/td-p/547415/page/2

By that time though it's useless. As the person already has several messages in their inbox already by others not following the forum rules of only sending a referral if the person asks.

But again, if your guys posts was referring to me, which I think it may have been. Don't worry I don't bomb people with codes.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@LurganIeUk wrote:

Hmmm interesting I ported a year ago a few days after, from self serve and worked in no time.  I ported from Telus. 

I find  that odd that you Can port while first setting up an account but need a moderator to do it for you if you port later on. 

Agreed. This changed a little while ago. Welcome to the mysterious ways of Public Mobile.

Hmmm interesting I ported a year ago a few days after, from self serve and worked in no time.  I ported from Telus. 

I find  that odd that you Can port while first setting up an account but need a moderator to do it for you if you port later on. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@LurganIeUk wrote:

I just checked, you can’t port in self serve. 

Did @cwight73 mean it went quick using a moderator?

That's right, you can't. But you CAN during activation. I interpret the OP as having done it during activation. Maybe I'm wrong and another unannounced update has happened.

I just checked, you can’t port in self serve. 

Did @cwight73 mean it went quick using a moderator?

AE_Collector
Mayor / Maire

@cwight73 

My port from Telus Postpaid almost two years ago was completed in less than a minute as well. Any my wife’s Telus Prepaid port three months later went the same. Was a pleasant experience for me as well and nothing has gone wrong with my service here in the almost two years since. The odd little glitch with my account such as the 1 year loyalty reward not showing up but the moderators quickly fixed it up. All in All I am happy with PM and it shows in that I’m not going anywhere. Good to hear of your pleasant experience as well.

AE_Collector

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mm80 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@mm80 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@RosieR wrote:

If you did then good for you; if not, check out your overflowing mail box (envelope sign on top right) lol 

@RosieR 

While very likely that people do this, it's against the terms of use to spam unsolicited referral codes.

Referral code should have been used during activation too, not after.

Officially yes but it's well known that the moderators will put it in for you afterwards. People forget. Clerks sometimes "steal" your referral. You typed something wrong and your friend says they never got it and you swear you put it in.

New members trying to get it after when Public did nothing wrong will causes moderators to start saying no.

Shrug. Sure. Maybe. Who knows.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@RosieR wrote:

@Anonymous I never do it.  I am lazy and I am financial comfortable haha; thus I don't need the dollar every 30 days. LOLZ I only mentioned it because someone here kept on reminding new member to get the ten dollar referral dollar credit.  I should have added "wink wink, nudged nudged" huh?

I didn't say you did. There is one member that does say that a lot. I've said it on occasion too. But notice the careful wording he uses. The point is that you can't post or spam for your gain. I can only hope that that member doesn't spam. I don't either. But who knows.

My saying what I did was maybe a nudge nudge to you that maybe we don't want to acknowledge/condone the practice seeing as how it's against the terms.

mm80
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Anonymous wrote:

@mm80 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@RosieR wrote:

If you did then good for you; if not, check out your overflowing mail box (envelope sign on top right) lol 

@RosieR 

While very likely that people do this, it's against the terms of use to spam unsolicited referral codes.

Officially yes but it's well known that the moderators will put it in for you afterwards. People forget. Clerks sometimes "steal" your referral. You typed something wrong and your friend says they never got it and you swear you put it in.

New members trying to get it after when Public did nothing wrong will causes moderators to start saying no.

@Anonymous wrote:

@RosieR wrote:

@RosieR 

@Anonymous I never do it.  I am lazy and I am financial comfortable haha; thus I don't need the dollar every 30 days. LOLZ I only mentioned it because someone here kept on reminding new member to get the ten dollar referral dollar credit.  I should have added "wink wink, nudged nudged" huh?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mm80 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@RosieR wrote:

@RosieR 

mm80
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Anonymous wrote:

@RosieR wrote:

@RosieR 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@RosieR wrote:

@RosieR 

@LurganIeUk

Needing moderators was for after activation ports. iirc we could still do it during activation. Except Koodo pre-paid.

But maybe it's changed.

Great to hear.  You will enjoy!

So can you now port online using self serve or do you still have to go through a moderator?

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

Hi @cwight73 so nice of you to share your awesome experience with Public Mobile.  I hope you also used a referral code that gets you a $10 credit.  If you did then good for you; if not, check out your overflowing mail box (envelope sign on top right) lol 

Welcome to Public Mobile and the Community!  1

Dolphin1
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Welcome to the community ☺️

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@cwight73 Welcome to our community! Hope you enjoy service and savings😉

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Welcome aboard. If you find you have any questions or advise for new users...you're always welcome in the Community Forum.  😷

Need Help? Let's chat.