cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not Receiving Text Messages

Zoughi
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello everyone,

For over a week now I have not been able to received text/mms messages. I send messages and they are received by my contacts but when someone sends me something I don't receive anything. I have confirmed my apn and message centre number are correct and I switched cellphones but I'm still in the same situation. Customer service did a reset on my message settings also nothing.

Has anyone been in the same situation??

Thanks

26 REPLIES 26

@Pagejn  Check your settings is it possible you may have blocked your husband?  Does his texts show up in your usage history in your account as incoming or his account as outgoing texts? Is it for both SMS and MMS?

MattyH
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My solution was switching to chatr, I lost patience with the lack of customer support public provided, i haven't missed a text since. 

Pagejn

I am also having issues with text messages. I am not recieving messages from my husband what also has public mobile. When I text him on normal texting on my Nokia 7 plus, he receives them and says he responds but i don't get them. I receive other people's messages through text it seems except my husband. Any help ? Thankd

@rockdude wrote:

Hello I am having the exact same problem, Have tried rebooting phone multiple times as well as confirmed the APN settings and took out SIM card. Background info, similar to many of these folks, I too had the US roaming 10 day add on, and it expired yesterday, and as of today I am not receiving texts, although I can send them fine, and I am in Canada, have been for a week.  @Moderator_Team please help me. Thanks in advance.

Don't waste any more time checking APN settings, and that goes for anyone having problems receiving text messages.  APN settings don't have any effect on text messaging, so playing around with those settings can't possibly fix anything, but could only mess things up further.

As talked about earlier, you'll have to send Moderator_Team a private message to fix an account issue such as the one that you're having.   Simply tagging them isn't going to do much because they're just going to send you message saying that you need to send them a message in private to confirm your identity.   The problems with service after using the U.S. roaming package is something that has been discussed a bunch of time on these boards.

rockdude

Thankyou for the tips! Now waiting for moderator after a PM.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@popping I don't think the lost/stolen feature is known to resolve the US Roaming Texting expiry bug, but it's worth a try I suppose eh?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

popping

@rockdude wrote:

Hello I am having the exact same problem, Have tried rebooting phone multiple times as well as confirmed the APN settings and took out SIM card. Background info, similar to many of these folks, I too had the US roaming 10 day add on, and it expired yesterday, and as of today I am not receiving texts, although I can send them fine, and I am in Canada, have been for a week.  @Moderator_Team please help me. Thanks in advance.

Sending a private message to moderator is better than just tagging moderator.  Moderator wait time is about 48 - 72 hours.

Since your US roaming add-on was expired yesterday, you may want to try the lost/stolen phone trick to provision you account again.

1. Login to your self-serve account.
2. Report your phone lost/stolen using [Plan and Add-Ons] --> [Lost/Stolen Phone]
3. Logoff
4. Wait 5 minutes and login again
5. Report your phone found.
6. Re-start you phone to provision your account again. i.e. enable all features of you plan again.

If this trick failed to get thing working again, Just wait for moderator to work on your issue. Good luck.

rockdude

DrDjuro

For the record, I can confirm that contacting the moderators helped resolve the issue within 2h of my initial contactI'm very happy with their responsiveness and a quick resolution.

srlawren

@DrDjuro Yes, or wait 12-24 hours and the situation self-corrects.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

DrDjuro

So basically, contact the moderators for help.

srlawren

@DrDjuro see my reply to your other thread with the same question

DrDjuro

Was there a solution to this issue?

I have the same problem. US roaming add on expired today and now I can no longer receive txt messages. Sending and calls work fine.

@burdenfire You posted to an old thread. In future you will have more assurance of help by creating your own topic on the forum, or sending a private message directly to the moderators.

Have you tried clearing out old text messages and/or a network reset?

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Rockdaddy22
If your issues persist please contact a moderator.

burdenfire
I am also not getting sms texts. It seems to fluctuate. Sometimes I get it and sometimes I don't. i have a google Nexus 5x. This seems like a public mobile issue? Only started to notice in the last three weeks approx.

gcritchf

I'm having the same issue, had a US roaming pack and now for the past week have not been able to receive text messages in Canada (didn't know it was a problem until friends started contacting me via other means to ask why I hadn't replied to their texts). Calls work and outgoing texts work just not incoming. 

Zoughi
Hello @Saray_O

Yes I've been in touch with Syed and he couldn't figure out what was happening and all he could do was send a new SIM.

The good news is that as of 12:01 am of Dec 26 I am able to receive text messages again!! Coincidentally that was when my US roaming add on expired. It seems that is one glitch that needs to be brought to PM's attention.

Thanks.

Rockdaddy22
Awesome work as always @Saray_O

Saray_O
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hey @Zoughi

I see my colleague Syed got to you before me! Are you able to get texts now?

Let me know!

*Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

Zoughi

I'm assuming this has to do with the US roaming add on. Do/Did you have it? I read in one of the threads that someone was able to receive their messages after the US roaming add on expired.

Ionut
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Did you check the APN settings?

Also when i make a port forwarding to a friend of mine from Wind to PM for the couple of hours he could not recieve text or call but he can call , txt or data because the Number was partially ported.So it's might take time

Second options check your Network Settings to see if not some "typo" error 

jheili99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

hi..

i think there is a more underlying cause to that, because i also start getting complaints from certain people ( not all ) saying, they send me texts... but i never received them... it kinda started on my 3 lines about 1-2 weeks ago...using iphone 5s, s7edge,note5 ... so 3 different phones having same issues... i think PM has to look into that pretty soon....

cheers

Zoughi

Hi,

Thanks for the input but I am not using any text messaging app. Just normal android messaging. Also when I log in my account I don't even see any received text messages under my usage.

I'm assuming you're able to send outgoing MMS as well, in addition to outgoing SMS.  If that's the case, you won't need to check any APN settings because APN's don't affect anything related to SMS.  Also, if your MMS APN were set incorrectly, you wouldn't be able to sending outgoing MMS either (it wouldn't just be affecting incoming only).

As for the other common setting for SMS, the SMSC setting only controls outgoing text messages.  If the SMSC settings were set incorrectly, you wouldn't bel able to send any text messages (which you do seem to be able to).  The SMSC settings doesn't control the ability to receive text messages, which is the problem that you are having.

I would check with whichever application is your default text messaging application and check to see if the nofiications are either muted or disabled for the that application.

Minerva89

What kind of phone / app are you using for texts? Do you use any external apps (e.g. fb Messenger) to receive texts, or the native apps that your phone has?

Need Help? Let's chat.