cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No signal for SIM Card

mdaghmechi
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am traveling. When I left my province, the SIM Card is deactivated and there is no signal to make a call.
I restarted the cell phone, extracted and inserted the SIM Card several time. There is no signal yet. This condition is very uncomfortable and is not acceptable. 

9 REPLIES 9

barrascuk
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Can you log into My Account? It should tell you if you account is active. 

Are you in a remote area...ask others?

Reboot phone again. 

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Oops, thanks @t_p!  Corrected... 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mdaghmechi : Are you traveling in Canada? Or are you elsewhere? If outside Canada then PM only offers roaming add-ons for the states. Elsewhere...nothing.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

You might be in a 'dead zone' where no cell towers are close by. If you are in urban area ask people do they have cell signal in their phones.

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@BlueB wrote:

@mdaghmechi 

... (due to port out or 60 days after suspension).

In fact it's 90 days.

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@mdaghmechi 

I'm also curious what you mean when you say "deactivated."  Usually this doesn't happen until after your services are suspended and account closed (due to port out or 90 days after suspension).

If you're able to log into your Self Service account online (or 611), let us know what your account status is.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@mdaghmechi wrote:

I am traveling. When I left my province, the SIM Card is deactivated and there is no signal to make a call.
I restarted the cell phone, extracted and inserted the SIM Card several time. There is no signal yet. This condition is very uncomfortable and is not acceptable. 

@mdaghmechi 

Are you in a remote area?

Here is a link for a coverage map.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/coverage

Canadian Cell Towers

http://www.ertyu.org/steven_nikkel/cancellsites.html

Can you try manually selecting your Mobile Connections area to 3G for a better calling signal.

There are some Provincial Only calling plans out there, but type of signal are you referring to ?

@mdaghmechi 

Call 611 from your phone. What does it tell you?

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

Put the sim in another phone to see if it works there.  Did you go through a renewal? Traveling in different provinces doesn't cut the signal.

Need Help? Let's chat.