cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No service, phone not working at all.

Katvondanzig
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Paid my phone bill on line yesterday and have no service what’s so ever. Every time I try to call out it says that it’s a long distance number and I don’t have that with my plan. Can’t send texts and no data. I know it’s  not my phone a song I purchased a brand new iPhone X today. I am incredibly frustrated tried messaging a moderator no response for over an hour and desperately need service. 

17 REPLIES 17

@edpalla wrote:

have not been able to sign into my account, had to create a new one, i have no service here in hope bc, whats going on, can't find a way to contact a human the robot sucks

It would helpful to know when you activated, if the service ever worked, your phone model, when the problems started, etc.

The way to contact Public Mobile is through this link:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

edpalla

have not been able to sign into my account, had to create a new one, i have no service here in hope bc, whats going on, can't find a way to contact a human the robot sucks

salimd
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hey there, did you make sure that the phone you are using is not reported lost or stolen? Use this link to check using your IMEI.

http://mobility.telus.com/devicecompatibilitycheck/?locale=en

@KatvondanzigSorry to hear about your issues, we all have to wait inline for the moderators.

Katvondanzig

That’s really frustrating. 

Well I tried the lost or stolen phone option and I could do it but it hasn’t resolved my issue. 

@Katvondanzig wrote:

I did about two hours ago still no response from them. Any idea how long it usually takes to get one?

During business hours, they strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.

Read more about Moderator Team here

@KatvondanzigResponse from moderators can take up to 48 hours.

Katvondanzig

I did about two hours ago still no response from them. Any idea how long it usually takes to get one?

TheOldVR
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Sorry if I missed this, are you getting incoming calls?

I would PM a MOD asap based on your comments....

@KatvondanzigI am sorry to hear about your problem, but doing things repeatedly won't help. There is a glitch in the system, we can only be patient. The reason of Public Mobile's low cost is there is no call centre and it relies on @CS_Agent . Hopefully you can find alternatives.

@Katvondanzig wrote:

I attempted to do this but when I go to that page add one it says that there was an error and I need to log out and log back in again and I’ve done that like five times. 

@Katvondanzig  That happens with the site. Try clearing your browser's cache and using incognito mode. Best to use a bowser on a desktop/laptop to see if it works.

@Katvondanzig wrote:

I attempted to do this but when I go to that page add one it says that there was an error and I need to log out and log back in again and I’ve done that like five times. 

You need to access and check your Self Serve account.

Clear browser cache/cookies and you can try again in incognito mode.

Katvondanzig

Katvondanzig

When I dial 611 it tells me my next payment date is June 29th and I have a current balance of zero. The money was taken out of my account I can see it on my bank statement online. 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Try the list phone trick to rest your account.

report your phone stolen.  Login to your account.  Choose Plans and Add-onstab. Then choose Lost/Stolen Phone tab.  The choose Suspend Service tab.  Logout.  Wait few minutes.  Login in and report your phone found.  

It can take 48 - 72 hours for a moderator to respond depending on workload.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Katvondanzig wrote:

Paid my phone bill on line yesterday and have no service what’s so ever. Every time I try to call out it says that it’s a long distance number and I don’t have that with my plan. Can’t send texts and no data. I know it’s  not my phone a song I purchased a brand new iPhone X today. I am incredibly frustrated tried messaging a moderator no response for over an hour and desperately need service. 

Login to your account.  

Is your account status active?

If yes, try the lost/stolen phone trick to re-provision your plan features.

1. Login to your self-serve account.
2. Report your phone lost/stolen using [Plan and Add-Ons] --> [Lost/Stolen Phone]
3. Logoff
4. Wait 5 minutes and login again
5. Report your phone found.
6. Re-start you phone to provision your account again. i.e. enable all features of you plan again.

If this trick failed to get thing working again, you should send a private message to moderator for help. But the wait is up to 48 hours. Good luck.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Katvondanzig wrote:

@Katvondanzig  Was your plan renewal date yesterday? When you dial *611 from you phone what happens?

Need Help? Let's chat.