cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No response to Ticket reference number: 202243-611 after 4 days

djohn
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I ported from Shaw but cant receive text or calls.  No response even after messaging multiple agents. I want to quit the service now. I cant do that if my incoming text doesn't work!

8 REPLIES 8

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@djohn wrote:

I ported from Shaw but cant receive text or calls.  No response even after messaging multiple agents. I want to quit the service now. I cant do that if my incoming text doesn't work!

@djohn 

Was this a Shaw landline?

If you ported from a landline it could take up to 7 days to complete.

Make sure you do not cancel your previous provider's services.

Incoming calls are usually the last to port over.

See helpful info. here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

Four days is a long time with no response from a Public Mobile ticket. Response to the ticket again and inquire the status.

@djohn   Yes, if you are missing incoming calls and text, it is an indication that porting is not completed.   Please call the number I sent you in the Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right)

it's Porting team, live support, they will confirm what is missing with the porting process

djohn

Only incoming talk and text is not working

djohn

yes I did. Only incoming talk and text not working

@djohn wrote:

The SIM transfer was done in store by the agent

what you meant by done?  usually they just put in the request

you need you receive an SMS on your Shaw SIM and reply Shaw  that you allow the porting.  Did the agent help you?

best is to call the porting team and confirm the status and see what steps are missed.  

Will message you PM porting team number.  Check you Community inbox on the top right

@djohn...so did you get a text message from previous network validating your port request ...to which you confirmed ?

djohn

The SIM transfer was done in store by the agent

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@djohn wrote:

You must leave the old sim in the phone until it quits and then put the PM sim in to start your service.

Need Help? Let's chat.