cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No outgoing calls

Samvad
New in Town / Nouveau en Ville

1) For local numbers I get a message that my plan does not cover the number and I need add ons.

2) Toll free numbers are included in my usage.

3) My area keeps changing to Ontario or BC even after several attempts to make it AB.

16 REPLIES 16

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Tiana_V   thanks for the clarification. Having  consistent messaging on how to  contact mods is a good thing, be it from members or management.  

@mimmo wrote:

@Tiana_V @ are you able to chime in here?

Which is the prefered method to contact moderators?  There should be a consistent messaging coming from management, moderators and community.

The preferred method to reach out to moderators is still through SIMon. Going through SIMon helps the moderators know more about the issue beforehand so that they can best serve our customers. Sorry for the confusion here, this was a miscommunication on our end. 

@gpixel wrote:

@computergeek541 , @mimmo maybe Moderators are confused about what they want... lol. I'm surprised they're even coming into the forums and suggesting help. is this something they've done in the past?

I'm suspecting that there may be some training being done with some new moderators. 

@computergeek541 , @mimmo maybe Moderators are confused about what they want... lol. I'm surprised they're even coming into the forums and suggesting help. is this something they've done in the past?

@gpixel The member needing help from a moderator isn't being disputed. However, members were told to no longer send private messages using this method if at all possible to open tickets.

BearFBI
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Samvad wrote:

3) My area keeps changing to Ontario or BC even after several attempts to make it AB.

I think @Samvad is talking about the front page. The front page region selection always changes to a different region every time you refresh the page. This is nothing to worry about as its just the front page. The front page region does not affect your service in any way.

mimmo

@gpixel  submitting a ticket goes to same place, but provides additional information and authenticates the user, thus stoping some in needed interaction and I creasing response time.

If the prefered method is x then all messaging should say x not x or y.

@mimmo seems if the OPs question clearly needs help from Moderators, the viable option is to send a direct message

mimmo

@Tiana_V @ are you able to chime in here?

Which is the prefered method to contact moderators?  There should be a consistent messaging coming from management, moderators and community.

@Anonymous wrote:

@dabr wrote:

@CS_Agent wrote:

Hello @Samvad 😄

Please send us a private message so we are able to investigate this further.

Thank you!

Public Mobile Team

@CS_Agent   Is private messaging the preferred option now?  I thought submitting a ticket via SIMon was prioritized?

Yeah computergeek541 has been asking that for a few days now when he has seen the mods post inviting a pm. Of course...silence.

Maybe the oracles can ask what the preferred option is through their own forum to moderators?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dabr wrote:

@CS_Agent wrote:

Hello @Samvad 😄

Thank you!

Public Mobile Team

@CS_Agent   Is private messaging the preferred option now?  I thought submitting a ticket via SIMon was prioritized?

Yeah computergeek541 has been asking that for a few days now when he has seen the mods post inviting a pm. Of course...silence.

@CS_Agent wrote:

Hello @Samvad 😄

Thank you!

Public Mobile Team

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hello @Samvad 😄

Thank you!

Public Mobile Team

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Samvad wrote:

1) For local numbers I get a message that my plan does not cover the number and I need add ons.

@Samvad   Try adding +1 in front of the numbers you are calling, but your toll free calling shouldn't incur any charges/airtime as already mentioned.  Also can you clarify what you mean when you say your area keeps changing?  How does it change?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Samvad wrote:

@Samvad 

1. What plan are you on?

2. Are you asking? If so then they should not consume minutes.

3. Do you mean your phone number? What do you mean "keeps changing"?

Need Help? Let's chat.