cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No option to port a number?

CRatcliffe204
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just went through the sign up process and there is literally no option to port my number? It wants me to pick a new number (before going any further in the app) and then there is no option? I would like to keep my number, can anyone help? 

4 REPLIES 4

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@CRatcliffe204  There should be option to transfer number . Also you can do it afterwards.pick temp number and activated , in your my account go to profile tap and notice under red circle top of pick . Option to transfer number . And when doing so just give you old providers account number and not phone IMEI as it may ask . IMEI not needed 

Change # on profile tabs

Handy1_0-1688847475590.jpeg

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

I believe this is how to do it. Pick whatever number they give you in the options. Pick any it doesn't matter. Then after everything is said and done, as long as you're still logged in, go to your profile on the left side, click on "Transfer Number" the circular arrows chasing each other. Then enter the number you actually want (the one you want to port) then just follow the instructions from there. Just remember, depending on where it's coming from, you WILL need to leave your SIM card in the phone to get the "Hey, someone has asked to port your number" text and you will need to reply with yes. Another option is if you have a second phone, then put that OTHER SIM card that has the number you want to port in another phone so you can get that provider text to say yes while your PM SIM card sits in the phone you want to use. Make sense??

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@CRatcliffe204 - yeah, that doesn't sound accurate.

See info. here, hope it helps: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/transfer-your-number

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@CRatcliffe204 at the new number step, there should be a choice for porting, transfer number. Please check again

worst case , you can pick new number first, complete the activation. Then you can request porting by logging into my account 

Need Help? Let's chat.