cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No more 4G plan options?

Home-Baked
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, 

I made a post a couple of weeks again about not being able to see any 4G plans to switch to from either of my devices, in multiple browsers, from the app, incognito mode. It only showed 3G plans.

Customer support reached out, said they couldn’t switch plans for me but would fix the website. I kept checking and now I can see more plans, but it’s only 5G. Is the 4G for $34 plan still available? Did I miss out on it because the website wasn’t working properly?

5 REPLIES 5

Hollister
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Home-Baked 

It looks like the $34 20GB 4G plan has been replaced with the $40 40GB 4G plan which is an excellent deal.2C955E3A-8740-4D91-B6AC-76CA1EB73FF7.jpeg

@Home-Baked 

Looks like there is one 4G plan right now.  $40 for 40 GB of LTE data

https://subscribe.publicmobile.ca/en/on/activation/plans/40GB-4Gspeed1

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

@Home-Baked You don't need a 5G phone to take advantage of a 5G plan. You'll still benefit from faster speeds, even on the 4G network. A 5G plan can be used on the 5G, 4G, and 3G networks.

Home-Baked
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

So you’re saying that there is no option for more than 1gb data on a plan for someone who doesn’t have a 5G phone? Besides paying for add ons every time?

I don’t think I should miss out on the 4G plan because of technical issues that were acknowledged…

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

it does appear that Public Mobile is moving away from the 4G offering and retaining only the 15 and $25 plan on 3G and the $34 plans and up on 5G

Need Help? Let's chat.